Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
very nice pickups indeed!

I don't remember who was chasing them but there are a couple clovis cards on comc.com

delsant2

May 29, 2010
You know, I am always searching for new McGwire cards I "need" and more often than not, I come up empty (or the ones I "need" are priced above my comfort level). I do, however, come across many that I already have. There are times when I say to myself, "gee, that's a pretty good price for that card...I probably would jump on that if I didn't already have it", and then I just move on.

BUT, there are other McGwire collectors out there who may be interested in adding that card to their collections. If it is ok with everyone, and I am not breaking and forum rules, I figured it'd be pretty cool to post some eBay finds. Maybe it would help some folks on here. I am NOT at all an "expert" on what makes for a good deal on a card, but I thought I would share my feelings nonetheless.

Here are 3 that I came across over the past few days; Again, if there is no interest, and my posts are just taking up space, please let me know and I will stop. Also, if this is against any FCB rules, please let me know and I will stop.

2001 Topps Chrome - Golden Anniversary Reffractor
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Topps...903988?hash=item2f1459fa34:g:5~gAAOSw42JZKfe6
Actually a pretty hard card to find and with a best offer, getting this shipped for potentially under $10 is pretty cool.

1997 Leaf - Statistical Standouts /1000
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-Mcgwi...507971?hash=item3aff310d83:g:CogAAOSwIBJaXUjx
I personally think this is an outstanding price, using the best offer to get this guy for potentially under $20. Despite being numbered to /1000, this card is valuable.

2000 Topps Chrome - Magic Moments Refractor
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-McGwi...682566?hash=item1c9f4c9d06:g:fs4AAOSwoBtW4Zjd
I paid around $20 for some of these. Maybe I am just dumb, but getting this one for a bit over $10 seems good to me.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
There are rumored to only be 30 of each of the '00 chrome magic moments refractors. I personally think there are more but they are a tough set to put together so for 9$ that's pretty awesome

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
That is an awesome idea to add cards that are a good deal. Thanks for doing that. This will really help educate me on some of these cards too.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
delsant2 Great idea as you know I missed many years being active duty Navy, then had to leave the hobby for a while as well. I can not wait to get all of my updates done to the Pc,and get funds up to start hitting on ones like this.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I had mentioned a while ago that I was going to post the picture of my new G/U patch I got in November...goodness, well, better late than never I suppose! My wife and I just moved our little one out of our room and into her own "big kid room". She is 7 months now, so we were a tad late in doing this. Anyway, it has freed me up to actually look at my collection now, since it is in my room. I rarely ever had a chance due to nap times and bedtime. Anyhow, below is the patch and two other recent pick-ups.

2003 Sweet Spot - Patch #'d /9
IMG_20180128_192604643.jpg

2001 Topps Gallery - Yellow Printing Plate #'d /1
IMG_20180128_192751543.jpg

1999 Metal - Precious Metal Gems #'d /50
IMG_20180128_192940747.jpg

Haven't had a whole lot of action as of late. Anyone else doing better? Some decent new cards arrive in the mail recently? Do share!

Cheers,

Mark

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Howdy!

Thanks guys for the nice compliments! I was reorganizing my cards just the other day, and went through a box of misc items (misc sized, that is). Found these fancy ones! Knew I had them, but forgot they were graded and hence, not with the other raw cards. Sharing, because why not?

1993 Finest - Refractor
1.jpg

1996 Select Certified - Mirror Gold
2.jpg

1996 Leaf Limited - Lumberjacks Black #'d /500
3.jpg

1998 Donruss Preferred - Precious Metals
4.jpg

2003 Upper Deck - Signed Game Jerseys #'d /150
5.jpg

2003 Upper Deck Play Ball - Hawaii Trade Conference Auto
6.jpg

Anyone else get anything cool recently??

I have still been looking for some cards I thought might be interesting to other McGwire collectors. Honestly, haven't found very much of anything in the buy-it-now category. This one did get my attention, although I personally feel it is still a bit over-priced.

2002 Topps Heritage - Chrome Refractor #'d /553
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282828746440?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Not quite as valuable as it's 2001 cousin, but still a somewhat difficult card to attain. Thankfully, there is a best-offer available here, so perhaps someone who needs it can make an attempt to get this guy closer to $15 shipped, which is where I think it probably should be.

Hope everyone is doing well otherwise. Catch ya later!

Cheers,

Mark

delsant2

May 29, 2010
"Knew I had them, but forgot they were graded."

You forgot you had a 1998 Donruss Preferred - Precious Metals PSA 10.
:eek:

And a 96 Mirror Gold!!

Amazing card!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Ha, I picked a poor way to say it! I didn't forget I had them, just forgot that they were in the box I recently went through, so it was a cool surprise to pull them out :)

Thanks for the kinds words too guys!

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Mark got so many cards I could show I would not know were to start

You can start anywhere. Any McGwire card that you think is awesome, I'm sure we all do!

Been waiting on this one

View attachment 76703

That is pretty sweet. Forgive me for not knowing anything about the newer cards, but is that a canvas card, wood, cloth? I really like the look!! Do they come framed now-a-days?

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
You can start anywhere. Any McGwire card that you think is awesome, I'm sure we all do!

That is pretty sweet. Forgive me for not knowing anything about the newer cards, but is that a canvas card, wood, cloth? I really like the look!! Do they come framed now-a-days?

It is from the Transcendent set it is a sketch card I got it to go with the Auto's there is 6 non 1/1 this year 2017 I have 4 and one on the way. From that set they are all framed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts