Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
gracecollector said:
Anybody need the Ultimate Victory Parallel 100 in this lot of inserts I picked up last weekend?

inserts.jpg

I need the card.

Onionring9.... That is a huge mail day. Wow!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
onionring9 said:
Talk about a great week. Following up a great mailday from John, I got these as well.

Joe are you done buying for awhile? Is it safe to check ebay again? :lol: I was doing pretty well there while you were busy.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
onionring9 said:
Talk about a great week. Following up a great mailday from John, I got these as well.

Joe are you done buying for awhile? Is it safe to check ebay again? :lol: I was doing pretty well there while you were busy.

:lol:

Actually funny you should ask. I'll probably be taking another break here with the holiday season incoming. I've got a ton of work, a lot of deadlines, and not enough time to do it all. I doubt I'll have time to scour ebay for the McGwire collection.

Also helps I just made another large purchase which I should have early next week to show off. Not nearly as good as this last week, but pretty sweet nonetheless! Between this weeks mail and next weeks, I feel about 5-8 years of rare card searching has been completed.

So in light of the large purchase, I'm only going to bid on one card thats up right now (MVP promotion). Other than that, you can return to your glory filled onion-free days lol!

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
onionring9 said:
docdw25 said:
onionring9 said:

Actually funny you should ask. I'll probably be taking another break here with the holiday season incoming. I've got a ton of work, a lot of deadlines, and not enough time to do it all. I doubt I'll have time to scour ebay for the McGwire collection.

Also helps I just made another large purchase which I should have early next week to show off. Not nearly as good as this last week, but pretty sweet nonetheless! Between this weeks mail and next weeks, I feel about 5-8 years of rare card searching has been completed.

So in light of the large purchase, I'm only going to bid on one card thats up right now (MVP promotion). Other than that, you can return to your glory filled onion-free days lol!

One card down....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250529209405&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
onionring9 said:
docdw25 said:
onionring9 said:

One card down....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250529209405&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
you nailing the '96 as well?

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
My very small McGwire collection...

bigmacc.jpg

macjersey.jpg

macjersey2.jpg

macbat.jpg

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
darrend505 said:
So it turns out that it is not a Mother's Cookies card, its a 1989 Action Superstars card. Found the other last night looking around for something. Anyone need either?

1117090849.jpg

1117090849a.jpg

1117090850.jpg

Foldout 1997 Sports Illustrated/Fleer

Anybody?

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Quick question. I just picked up 5 different sealed McGwire tins from Donruss Preferred. What would you do? Leave them sealed or open them? Onionring9 already gave me his opinion just looking to see what you would do?

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
docdw25 said:
Quick question. I just picked up 5 different sealed McGwire tins from Donruss Preferred. What would you do? Leave them sealed or open them? Onionring9 already gave me his opinion just looking to see what you would do?

I'm not familiar with the set. What are your chances of pulling something good? If you got a decent chance of some highend stuff I say break em.

Members online