Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

10/11 Contenders - Variants considered Rookies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

So I saw today in the Panini video that the variants are numbered (in the set) 151-200 with the regular logo versions 101-150. It's a 200 card set.

Would you consider a complete set 1-150 w/ the actual rookies?

OR

1-200 with both versions of the rookies?

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
if the "set" is 1-200 I would consider all 200 as the set.

if each has an independent number - you may not like that there are multiple cards of each player.....but I think they have to be part of the set. As it's not a situation where the variations are the same card # as the regular card......then it could be considered a complete set w/o variations.

kris24bryan

Jan 28, 2011
rymflaherty said:
if the "set" is 1-200 I would consider all 200 as the set.

if each has an independent number - you may not like that there are multiple cards of each player.....but I think they have to be part of the set. As it's not a situation where the variations are the same card # as the regular card......then it could be considered a complete set w/o variations.
This is totally correct.

G

Yeah, I know. Just trying to justify not having to spend another pile of cash to get a secondary rookie.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Berry82 said:
Yeah, I know. Just trying to justify not having to spend another pile of cash to get a secondary rookie.

:lol:

Well if it's a set your collecting to hang on to......I think it would still be cool without the variations. You'd still have everybody and you'd actually have the "true RC's"....so to me that'd be the most important part of the set, then maybe decide on the variations based on how rare/pricey they wind up.

Members online