User Tag List

Page 123 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2591

Thread: The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    embossed sample's

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    embossed sample's

Sweet cards...
    What do the back of those look like?

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the word sample is embossed on the front between the hips and knee, back doesn't show.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel weird starring between his hips and knees, haha

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhileman79 View Post
    I feel weird starring between his hips and knees, haha

LOL

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Joey - I didn't even know a sample like that existed. At first I thought you meant the show embossed variety. Nice find! Any idea if this exists for other players?

embossed sample's

Sent from my LG-D800 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the word sample is embossed on the front between the hips and knee, back doesn't show.

Bernie must've been Pacific's chosen one in 2000... I have a Bernie Fielder's Choice gold glove with the same embossed "Sample"

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    Nice Joey - I didn't even know a sample like that existed. At first I thought you meant the show embossed variety. Nice find! Any idea if this exists for other players?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Dunno, unless you see them inhand hard to tell.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno, unless you see them inhand hard to tell.
    Yes, they exist. Besides the Bernie's, I know I had Pudge, Sosa, Andruw, and few others that I can't think or right now. May have a few left. I had one of the Gold Glove player Samples too, but I can't recall the player right now. I'll post up any I can find if I still have any.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea that they had HoloView versions of the Title Waves cards from 2001 Elite. In quick ebay searching, they all look the same. Makes me wonder how many Holoviews I have passed up. I wish there was a list made that says "this card is exactly the same except for one difference that can only be told if the seller takes a decent enough picture, and takes the time to list the serial number, because if its the first hundred or so of a print run it is a different card". Kind of goes along with how they would die cut the beginning print run of a card. I guess I need to really study my checklist, even though that doesnt tell you details. It just lists it as another card.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTROBURN View Post
    I had no idea that they had HoloView versions of the Title Waves cards from 2001 Elite. In quick ebay searching, they all look the same. Makes me wonder how many Holoviews I have passed up. I wish there was a list made that says "this card is exactly the same except for one difference that can only be told if the seller takes a decent enough picture, and takes the time to list the serial number, because if its the first hundred or so of a print run it is a different card". Kind of goes along with how they would die cut the beginning print run of a card. I guess I need to really study my checklist, even though that doesnt tell you details. It just lists it as another card.

Lol! It's a pain man. The only way I knew was I purchased my two from Burbank. They're pretty good about listing things appropriately. With a Beckett listing in the description to boot.

I still find cards on my checklist that I didn't mark off simply because I didn't know what they were when I got them. But as the list narrows down, I see a card unchecked and if I suspect I have it, I'll double check. Just crossed two off my list I'd written off as uncatologed.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj View Post
    Lol! It's a pain man. The only way I knew was I purchased my two from Burbank. They're pretty good about listing things appropriately. With a Beckett listing in the description to boot.

I still find cards on my checklist that I didn't mark off simply because I didn't know what they were when I got them. But as the list narrows down, I see a card unchecked and if I suspect I have it, I'll double check. Just crossed two off my list I'd written off as uncatologed.
    Yeah, I opened my list this morning. I never actually finished checking them off. I really need to set some time and knock out that list. Its daunting, because there will be pages of unchecked boxes... All those damn 1/1's...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTROBURN View Post

I love those cards. I bought a lot of 300 Jeter cards for $110, mostly commons and the Holoview was in there. I didn't realize it until I went through them all!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark Mulder - 2003 Bowman Heritage Diamond Cuts Gold Relics #MM (1/1)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_458-3.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	675.2 KB 
ID:	56495
    Last edited by nerdherd020; 11-01-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shadow Series (serial-numbered to 99 copies; Hobby only)