Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
2005 Donruss Inside View parallel cards Theses cards were mistakenly inserted into Donruss hobby packs, but were never produced for commercial release! Donruss has been very tight lipped as to the reason the mistake was made, and to what the actual circulation is. Most everyone agrees that the total number produced is under 25!! Beckett currently lists this item as unpriced "due to scarcity", which always means big bucks to the collector.
found a little more info........... (Remember this is the internet after all) hehe

This insert set was, for reasons that still remain unclear, withdrawn from production. However, again for reasons unclear, some Inside Views made their way into packs.

Originally, each card was to have been serial-numbered to 1000 copies with a Black parallel numbered to 50. The cards that made their way into packs are NOT serial-numbered.

It appears that anywhere from five to 25 copies of each card made their way into packs.

1 Alex Rodriguez

2 Austin Kearns

3 Barry Larkin

4 C.C. Sabathia

5 Carlos Delgado

6 Chipper Jones

7 Craig Biggio

8 Derek Jeter

9 Derrek Lee

10 Edgar Martinez

11 Garret Anderson

12 Hideo Nomo

13 Ichiro Suzuki

14 Javier Vazquez

15 Javy Lopez

16 Ken Griffey, Jr.

17 Magglio Ordonez

18 Rafael Palmeiro

19 Rocco Baldelli

20 Torii Hunter

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Thank Christ there isn't a Bagwell on that list. But the cards do look pretty darn cool.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Can anyone confirm that both versions of the Barry Larkin Inside Views exist. I actually have the rainbow version but not the other one. While I'm posting, here is a cool insert from 2001 - Fleer Showcase Masterpiece. Sorry about the horrible scan. I didn't want to take it out of the case to scan it.

01FleerShowcaseMasterpiece2.jpg

01FleerShowcaseMasterpiece2Back.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
2002 Donruss Originals Mound Marvels & Mound Marvels High Heat GU Ball Cards #/100.

02DOclemens1.jpg
clemens02DO3.jpg
Clemens 6IP, no decision
02DOmorris2.jpg
morris02DO.jpg
Morris 5IP, loss
02DOmartinez3.jpg
martinez02DO.jpg
Martinez 4IP, no decision
02DOjohnson4.jpg
johnson02DO.jpg
Johnson 9IP, win
02DOmiller5.jpg
miller02DO.jpg
Miller 6IP, win
02DOhudson6.jpg
hudson02DO.jpg
Hudson 3IP, loss
02DOmussina7.jpg
mussina02DO.jpg
Mussina 8IP, no decision
02DOsabathia8.jpg
sabathia02DO.jpg
Sabathia 6IP, win
02DOsasaki9.jpg
sazaki02DO.jpg
Sazaki 1IP, save
02DOschilling10.jpg
schilling02DO.jpg
Schilling 7IP, win
02DOnomo11.jpg
nomo02DO.jpg
Nomo 6IP, no decision
02DOclemens12.jpg
clemens02DO2.jpg
Clemens 7IP, win
02DObuehrle13.jpg
buehrle02DO.jpg
Buehrle 7.2IP, win
02DOzito14.jpg
zito02DO.jpg
Zito 6IP, win
02DOoswalt15.jpg
oswalt02DO.jpg
Oswalt 6IP, win

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
katieneack said:
Can anyone confirm that both versions of the Barry Larkin Inside Views exist. I actually have the rainbow version but not the other one. While I'm posting, here is a cool insert from 2001 - Fleer Showcase Masterpiece. Sorry about the horrible scan. I didn't want to take it out of the case to scan it.

A buddy of mine is doing a 2005 Donruss Master set and he has all 20 base and 19 of 20 rainbow refractors. Only missing the Jeter.

So yes, the Larkin regular version exists.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Do you happen to have an extra one of these?
http://www.thepclist.com/cards/index.php?c_pk=7224[/quote]

Sorry - I do have one of that one, picked it up at a show last year in Cincinnati. Came to it by chance, as it isn't listed as Larkin and I didn't know it existed until I saw it. I will keep my eyes open for another one though when I go to the shows around here.

AndruwHRJones - Thanks for the confirmation. Right after I read this one was listed on EBAY!

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Jack Straw said:
katieneack said:

http://www.thepclist.com/cards/index.php?c_pk=7224

I believe that the card you have pictured there is actually the regular 2001 Stadium Club Super Teams regular card. This card is actually number ST8 if I am not mistaken. The STP24 isn't this card. That is the much tougher to find Stadium Club Super Team Exchange card. Griffey is # STP24 in that set. Only the Diamond Backs Super Team card from that year could be sent in and redemmed for the upgraded exhange set. The exchange set looks completely different with totally different pcitures, numbering, and design. If you want to see a picture of the Griffey from this set I can direct you to one, just let me know.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
katieneack said:
Jack Straw said:
katieneack said:

http://www.thepclist.com/cards/index.php?c_pk=7224

I believe that the card you have pictured there is actually the regular 2001 Stadium Club Super Teams regular card. This card is actually number ST8 if I am not mistaken. The STP24 isn't this card. That is the much tougher to find Stadium Club Super Team Exchange card. Griffey is # STP24 in that set. Only the Diamond Backs Super Team card from that year could be sent in and redemmed for the upgraded exhange set. The exchange set looks completely different with totally different pcitures, numbering, and design. If you want to see a picture of the Griffey from this set I can direct you to one, just let me know.
2001TSCsuperteams.jpg

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
2001TSCsuperteams.jpg
[/quote]
How tough are these? A guy around me that does some shows had a Jeter last time I saw him set up. He wanted around $75? I don't know much about them since Ripken wasn't in the set.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
brian46256qqv said:
How tough are these? A guy around me that does some shows had a Jeter last time I saw him set up. He wanted around $75? I don't know much about them since Ripken wasn't in the set.[/quote]

The last 30 card set that sold one Ebay went for $500, so $75 for the Jeter is pretty reasonable. The team cards were inserted something like 1:870 something packs. Multiply that by the number of teams in the MLB and the odds of pulling a winner (Diamondbacks) was astronomical. Then, the expiration date on these redemptions was very quick compared to other redemption cards. So, you have to ask yourself, how many of the Diamondbacks cards were actually redeemed? I have heard estimates od less than 100 sets in circulation, but it could be more, or a lot less, noone really knows.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Anyone ever seen another Larkin of FOTG auto like this one. It says the autos are numbered to 5 or less, and I have #1/25. Not sure if there are 5, just 1, or somewhere in between. (Sorry about the scan - it was in a screwdown)

03LeafCertMatFOTGAutographs46IN.jpg

03LeafCertMatFOTGAutographs46INBack.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
katieneack said:
Anyone ever seen another Larkin of FOTG auto like this one. It says the autos are numbered to 5 or less, and I have #1/25. Not sure if there are 5, just 1, or somewhere in between. (Sorry about the scan - it was in a screwdown)

03LeafCertMatFOTGAutographs46IN.jpg

03LeafCertMatFOTGAutographs46INBack.jpg

1st 5 of 25 are signed. At least that's how the Rickey's are. 1-5 auto, 6-25 no auto.

Members online