Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Nice patches! I wouldn't have any concerns over them either. They all look typical of the era/sets they're from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Don't take this wrong, as it is not directed at you personally, but the same can be said for any number of similar situations: I don't think ending an auction early is unethical, but it sounds like the primary reason you didn't is because you thought you would get more than the offer at auction, hoping that the crazy Vizquel bidding of late would allow you to cash in well above what most would consider a reasonable market value.

If there are bids already on a listing you might consider ending, you can always message the bidders, explain that you have a very strong & generous offer and w/o even tipping your hand, ask if they would like to place their own offers before you cancel the bids and end the listing. This still allows the bidders a fair shot and doesn't leave them feeling cheated that you ended it blindly and sold to someone else. I have been a bidder in that situation and it sucks. I have also offered on a few active listings, most of which were rejected by the seller and more often than not, I got the items anyway and much below my offer prices.

I think a lot of sellers, most of them in fact though, won't end early for fear of leaving money on the table. I am guessing it is not about ethics for most. There is nothing wrong with that either, but to see what happened to you, it would seem that "greed" bested you in this case.

Well, I f'ed up. Listed this with a 99¢ start, and a little while after listing, I got a message asking me to end and sell it for $85. I didn't, I'm not a fan of ending auctions once they've already had action on them, so I figured I'd let it run. Part of me figured it might have been one of the Vizquel guys trying to get a deal, and thought that maybe this had a chance of going much higher than that $85 offer.

It ended last night at $15.50. Oops. Sometimes doing the ethical thing makes you feel like you took it in the rear, raw.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
A friend of mine picked up a 2004 Donruss Power Alley Die Cut Black 1/1 of Rafael Palmeiro. Just curious if anyone has an idea on value?

Last edited:

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
A few recent pickups. Got these from a reputable auction house so I don't have too much in the way of concerns...but man this lot had some killer patches. Would be interested in an opinion on "are they real?" from some of the game-used aficionado's on here. Thanks.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Awesome cards. The 2003 Fleer Patchworks National Patchtime Green Serial numbered to 100 are some of my favorites. The Juan Gonzalez one have dried up. I have not found one in 2 1/2 years. This is the last one I got.

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

Unfortunately I am still stuck on 26 Juan's.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I only have 2 1/1's from that era.

2003 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Black

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

2003 Topps Tribute Contemporary Matching Marks Dual Relics Gold #BG Bagwell Uni/J.Gonzalez Bat

juan_picture.php

juan_picture.php

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I love that mirror black card Rob....

Me too...2003 Leaf Certified is still one of my favorite products of all time. First "expensive" box I ever opened too.

Got this guy in the mail along with the Flair Masterpiece I posted in the '90s thread...2002 Fleer Showcase Masterpiece 1/1

parsetdx

Apr 15, 2009
Philly

Members online