Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I had no idea that they had HoloView versions of the Title Waves cards from 2001 Elite. In quick ebay searching, they all look the same. Makes me wonder how many Holoviews I have passed up. I wish there was a list made that says "this card is exactly the same except for one difference that can only be told if the seller takes a decent enough picture, and takes the time to list the serial number, because if its the first hundred or so of a print run it is a different card". Kind of goes along with how they would die cut the beginning print run of a card. I guess I need to really study my checklist, even though that doesnt tell you details. It just lists it as another card.

2001%20Donruss%20Elite%20Title%20Waves%20Holo-Foil%20TW6%200023%20of%201994.jpg

Lol! It's a pain man. The only way I knew was I purchased my two from Burbank. They're pretty good about listing things appropriately. With a Beckett listing in the description to boot.

I still find cards on my checklist that I didn't mark off simply because I didn't know what they were when I got them. But as the list narrows down, I see a card unchecked and if I suspect I have it, I'll double check. Just crossed two off my list I'd written off as uncatologed.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Lol! It's a pain man. The only way I knew was I purchased my two from Burbank. They're pretty good about listing things appropriately. With a Beckett listing in the description to boot.

I still find cards on my checklist that I didn't mark off simply because I didn't know what they were when I got them. But as the list narrows down, I see a card unchecked and if I suspect I have it, I'll double check. Just crossed two off my list I'd written off as uncatologed.

Yeah, I opened my list this morning. I never actually finished checking them off. I really need to set some time and knock out that list. Its daunting, because there will be pages of unchecked boxes... All those damn 1/1's...

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
I had no idea that they had HoloView versions of the Title Waves cards from 2001 Elite. In quick ebay searching, they all look the same. Makes me wonder how many Holoviews I have passed up. I wish there was a list made that says "this card is exactly the same except for one difference that can only be told if the seller takes a decent enough picture, and takes the time to list the serial number, because if its the first hundred or so of a print run it is a different card". Kind of goes along with how they would die cut the beginning print run of a card. I guess I need to really study my checklist, even though that doesnt tell you details. It just lists it as another card.

2001%20Donruss%20Elite%20Title%20Waves%20Holo-Foil%20TW6%200023%20of%201994.jpg

I love those cards. I bought a lot of 300 Jeter cards for $110, mostly commons and the Holoview was in there. I didn't realize it until I went through them all!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I just got a 7 card lot of the World Series parallel in this week. I bought the lot for the Hideki Matsui and as my luck would have it the Matsui has a ding. The other players in the lot were:
#21 Pettitte
#29 Beltre going to [MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION]
#48 T. Hunter
#88 C Delgado
#127 Vlad
#190 Gary Carter

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys, loved the post on cameos. You forgot the parallels though!

Also wondering if anyone has seen or heard of these cards. They are produced by the Prostate Cancer Foundation, which issued cards from 1999 through 2008, to my knowledge. I've got the 1999, 2001, 2002, and what I assume to be 2004 through 2008 although they are not dated. Any thoughts from the group? Thanks much!

View attachment 56858View attachment 56859
might get a answer here

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Love this thread, I got back into collecting in 2000....
Some of my recent adds from the era
PhotoScan%20320.jpg

PhotoScan%20299.jpg

PhotoScan%20285.jpg

PhotoScan%20283.jpg

PhotoScan%20172.jpg

It just seems that the companies but more care and effort into producing good looking cards back then.

Members online