Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
just got this recently.. only the 2nd one I've seen in 5 years and stole it for $8

2000 Bowman chrome retro/future refractor
JoseCansecoPC2000385.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Scans of EVERY card ever made, front and back. Yeah, come on Gilmore, stop slacking and get on that!

I didn't mean every single card ever made. Chris mentioned to someone else that they could make an FCB page. So that got me thinking, why not make a player page for collectors? We have a thread (or at least most players do) so why not make this a one stop place that has the cards listed and you could keep track of everything here. Again, no idea if this is worth the work or not.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I like the idea. It could be user input and just moderated to make sure the card matches the description. Chris wouldn't have to do anything other than hit "accept" a few thousand times and even that he could delegate to mods. Hell, he could establish a new mod whose job was just to hit the accept button.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I like the idea. It could be user input and just moderated to make sure the card matches the description. Chris wouldn't have to do anything other than hit "accept" a few thousand times and even that he could delegate to mods. Hell, he could establish a new mod whose job was just to hit the accept button.

[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] what do you think? Like PCList but that site crashed and hasn't been up for months.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Just picked up a really sweet Barry Larkin card from 2001 - but the story behind the purchase is what is really interesting. Back in June I purchased a 2001 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum Parallel #4/10 Barry Larkin card. I paid $60, which I think was about right, given the difficulty of these cards to find. The guy mailed the card to me and it arrive with an envelope that was cut open with nothing inside. After talking to the Post Office (who was absolutely no help) and the seller, I concluded that it wasn't the seller who screwed me over. You could tell the package had been cut open. I could have filed a claim with Paypal and got my money back, but instead I split the cost with the seller and he refunded me half the money - so I was out $30. 5 months later I am on COMC and all the sudden the card shows up - I look at the back and it is #4/10 - the card I had bought 5 months ago! But the seller had it listed as a regular version with a price of 35 cents. Needless to say, I bought it and sure enough it was the exact card I had previously bought when it arrived:

01AbsoluteMemorabiliaSpectrum44BarryLarkin.jpg
01AbsoluteMemorabiliaSpectrum44BarryLarkinBack.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Just picked up a really sweet Barry Larkin card from 2001 - but the story behind the purchase is what is really interesting. Back in June I purchased a 2001 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum Parallel #4/10 Barry Larkin card. I paid $60, which I think was about right, given the difficulty of these cards to find. The guy mailed the card to me and it arrive with an envelope that was cut open with nothing inside. After talking to the Post Office (who was absolutely no help) and the seller, I concluded that it wasn't the seller who screwed me over. You could tell the package had been cut open. I could have filed a claim with Paypal and got my money back, but instead I split the cost with the seller and he refunded me half the money - so I was out $30. 5 months later I am on COMC and all the sudden the card shows up - I look at the back and it is #4/10 - the card I had bought 5 months ago! But the seller had it listed as a regular version with a price of 35 cents. Needless to say, I bought it and sure enough it was the exact card I had previously bought when it arrived:

So you really saved $29.65! Just curious why you split with seller if he tried to rip you off?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

I would call COMC and explain the situation and ask for the guys personal information because if its not the original seller this guy was in posession of stolen property and obviously has done this before.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I would call COMC and explain the situation and ask for the guys personal information because if its not the original seller this guy was in posession of stolen property and obviously has done this before.

I was thinking the same thing - I have no idea how that card could have ended up there. I hadn't decided whether I wanted to pursue it or not. I kept all of the information from the original purchase including pictures, and I have an open case with the PO for lost mail. So I can definitely prove it. I probably will give them a call and see what they say at least.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
So you really saved $29.65! Just curious why you split with seller if he tried to rip you off?

I did it because I felt like the seller hadn't tried to rip me off. I think it was someone at the PO who did it. I just didn't think it was right for the seller to be out the money and the card - so I split the loss with him. Of course, I could have been wrong - but I talked to him several times and he seemed like he was telling the truth to me.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
@cgilmo what do you think? Like PCList but that site crashed and hasn't been up for months.

I invite you guys to self moderate this.

What you do is just register blogs for each player collection you wanna put up and start adding content. You can share blogs as well pretty easy.

This can be done with little to no moderator interaction.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I invite you guys to self moderate this.

What you do is just register blogs for each player collection you wanna put up and start adding content. You can share blogs as well pretty easy.

This can be done with little to no moderator interaction.

Good idea. I might tinker with this. Thanks.

Did you hear about Tuberville btw?

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Wow - what a wild story on the Larkin. Someone goes through the trouble of committing a federal crime (possibly) then it ends up in the hands of someone that uses COMC and doesn't recognize what card he's putting a 35-cent price tag on? Cool stuff.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Wow - what a wild story on the Larkin. Someone goes through the trouble of committing a federal crime (possibly) then it ends up in the hands of someone that uses COMC and doesn't recognize what card he's putting a 35-cent price tag on? Cool stuff.

Yep - Karma I guess ;)
Card InfoBook
Price
Purchase
Price
Date Purchased

2001 Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum #44
Barry Larkin #4/10
Item: 9179043
N/A$0.3510/31/2012 7:53:24 AM

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Anyone have all five colors, yet? I need purple, still:
colors3.jpg
colors2.jpg

colors1.jpg
colors.jpg

Also, any guesses as to how many of these there are? Percentage wise?

Never gotten a response on this question. Is there only one color per player? Or does each pattern have each color? Which is the hardest to find?

Members online