Thread: Class of 2009

bridgescardsandsigs10
     joeed10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class of 2009

So Kipers mock draft has been out for a few days. As a Cowboys fan I wish they had 1st rounder but Roy Williams hopefully will pick things up this season. Living in St Louis I was hoping the Rams would get an explosive pick since they were at #2 but they have soooo many needs Smith may be an ok pick and a good replacement for Pace in a few years. If you haven't seen the draft heres the link
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3850049

Who do you guys see as some sleepers? I think Stafford because of his arm strength will be a nice QB. I'm not completely sold on Sanchez at 3 for the Lions but with so many needs and QB the main building block it isn't bad. I think Maclin will drop a couple of slots but will be a nice pick. I haven't seen the Freeman QB for Kansas State so I was a little suprised he was that high.

Who are some of the guys that will make impact on the card market? I'm thinking Crabtree will be through the roof prices starting out. The 2 QB's probably will be pretty high. If the #1 pick stays the same this may be a lower cost than a normal #1 pick for a high profile position. Who could be this years Flaco and make a great investment?

Lets get a little draft discussion since theres no football today

anicolaus1985
     AnthonyKates
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Class of 2009

How is Percy Harvin not a top 15 pick?

I think he is THE most electric player in the draft, honestly.

I think anyone who gets him in the second half of the first round will be getting a FANTASTIC pick, honestly.

bridgescardsandsigs10
     joeed10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony K.

I think anyone who gets him in the second half of the first round will be getting a FANTASTIC pick, honestly.
    I thought that Harvin would be 2nd WR picked maybe his size/injury factor someway.

imac220
     ianmac220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Moreno was better than 19th. Well I guess I am wrong.
    - Ian

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony K.

The thing with Harvin is that he has no real position. He lined up a lot in the backfield and is not considered to have great receiver skills. Also, the nagging ankle injury sure hasn't helped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joeed10
    Who do you guys see as some sleepers? I think Stafford because of his arm strength will be a nice QB. I'm not completely sold on Sanchez at 3 for the Lions but with so many needs and QB the main building block it isn't bad. I think Maclin will drop a couple of slots but will be a nice pick. I haven't seen the Freeman QB for Kansas State so I was a little suprised he was that high.
    K State SUCKED this year, but Freeman was the shining light to the team. I am not an insider so I didn't see where he went (they only showed 1-16). He could rush and throw, kind of like Vick was.

And someone help me out, does anyone else think Seattle REALLY needs another WR? I know Crabtree is really good, but I think we need help elsewhere.....
    After any Seattle stuff. Not so much into baseball anymore but after ANY, and I MEAN A N Y Matt Hasselbeck stuff I can get! ESPECIALLY RARE STUFF! Also looking for John Carlson, Brian Bosworth, Shaun Alexander and Steve Largent!
    DESPERATE to find Brock Lesnar's FOOTBALL cards if you have one to trade!

http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/p...lefantillidie/
    http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/p...%20Hasselbeck/-- DIRECT LINK TO MY HASSELBECK MADNESS!!!!!!

-- Shoutout to maryvillereb2003 for the sig, THANK YOU, SIR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch out for Darius Butler/CB from UCONN. I am a season ticket holder and he was rarely thrown on all year. Has good speed and size and could be a great pick for any team in the late 2nd, or 3rd round.

Anyone know where LeSean McCoy was ranked?

bridgescardsandsigs10
     joeed10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MyPens66
    Anyone know where LeSean McCoy was ranked?
    Kiper had him at one of the last few in first round