Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Ellis Burks site is now live....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Just finished "re-branding" my former Adam LaRoche site to make a new home for my Ellis Burks collection. It can be found at:

www.ellisburkscollector.com.

I'm looking for all Burks cards I don't have yet, but cards from his days in Boston are a top priority. My Pedro Martinez and RC collections can be found on the site, as well. Thanks for looking!

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

ThoseBackPages said:
I have to ask about the Graded RC's, why the '90B Thomas?

That is my favorite out of his RCs. I'm not necessarily going after the "#1" RC for each player, just my personal favorites.

Thanks for the PM, too.

robboshow said:
Do you have a want list for the Burks you need?

Yes, but it contains Burks' Red Sox cards only. It can be found here:
www.ellisburkscollector.com/cards.html

1st4040 said:
if you are on The Bench at all PM VistaViper as he has a 2009 UD 20th anniversary buyback of Ellis Burks available.

Thanks! I'm not on The Bench, but I appreciate the heads-up.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Jason, site looks awesome! Love the navigation and card galleries. Excellent work.

Couple of minor suggestions...

Typos: On the "Player & Collector" page, the word "Achievements" is spelled wrong in four places (Ahchievements). "Multiple" is wrong under 1987. "Connected" is missing an "n" in 1988. The word "separate" is spelled wrong in last paragraph (seperate) - caught my eye because I always get that one wrong too. Also in last paragraph, the apostrophe in "parents' house" should be after the s unless you only have one parent (that's on the main web page as well.)

I would include your email both near your wantlist and in the "collector" section. Running my websites, I get several people each year contacting me through the website about a card they have or some other useful info. I didn't see your email anywhere.

A links page would be nice. A link to his baseball-reference page is a good start. You can also exchange links with other player collectors, which helps build your Google ranking. I'll add a link from markgrace.com in the player collector section if you want.

Keep up the great work!
Brad

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Thanks again for the comments, everyone!

gracecollector said:
Jason, site looks awesome! Love the navigation and card galleries. Excellent work.

Couple of minor suggestions...

Typos: On the "Player & Collector" page, the word "Achievements" is spelled wrong in four places (Ahchievements). "Multiple" is wrong under 1987. "Connected" is missing an "n" in 1988. The word "separate" is spelled wrong in last paragraph (seperate) - caught my eye because I always get that one wrong too. Also in last paragraph, the apostrophe in "parents' house" should be after the s unless you only have one parent (that's on the main web page as well.)

I would include your email both near your wantlist and in the "collector" section. Running my websites, I get several people each year contacting me through the website about a card they have or some other useful info. I didn't see your email anywhere.

A links page would be nice. A link to his baseball-reference page is a good start. You can also exchange links with other player collectors, which helps build your Google ranking. I'll add a link from markgrace.com in the player collector section if you want.

Keep up the great work!
Brad

Wow! Thanks for the proofreading! A second pair of eyes is always appreciated. I added my email info to the home page. I somehow managed to remove it while changing things around. A "links" page is in the works. A link from your Mark Grace page would be great! I'll add yours, as well.

robboshow said:
I can help on some of the Baseball Card Magazine cards and some of the Classics. I will dig them out for you. PM me your address.

Thanks! PM on the way...

Members online