Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone bought from a Canadian seller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btlusk

Mar 31, 2010
Virginia
I'm thinking about bidding on a card that a Canadian seller has listed on eBay. However, I am concerned about the logistics of shipping from Canada to the U.S. Does anyone have any negative experiences with buying from Canadian sellers?

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
btlusk said:
I'm thinking about bidding on a card that a Canadian seller has listed on eBay. However, I am concerned about the logistics of shipping from Canada to the U.S. Does anyone have any negative experiences with buying from Canadian sellers?
Bought and sold to Canada many times and never had one problem.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
About 1,000 people have bought from me and aside from the odd lengthy delay (3-4 weeks), I'd say they've been happy. Be a little patient w/ shipping though. You're looking at about 2 weeks or so.

btlusk

Mar 31, 2010
Virginia
Thanks for the input. I figured the shipping time would be a little longer, but as long as I get the card and it doesn't take months I'll be fine.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I buy from them all the time.. The border patrol enjoy looking thru the packages laughing at all the cards us Americans are buying..

Just be patient as hell and you will do okay..

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Yes, I purchased a $750 card from Canada and it still hasn't arrived.....since 2006.

I've been hesitant to purchase super high end since then, but i'm sure less expensive stuff is ok.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
notjomommasclint said:
i have a canadian wife... she smells of maple syrup and tells stories of her youth in the flannel smelts in her free time. occasionally i buy from canada so she can relive the great moments of her life by seeing queen mums photo on the stamp.

Ok, so ask your wife to settle the eternal question of Canadian life - Bryan Adams or Corey Hart?

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
maryvillereb2003 said:
waited 3 weeks or so on a recent purchase but i did get my card...just dont get worried unless its been a month+

Holy Cow! where was it shipped from? I am guessing the seller waited awhile to ship because I think the longest a card has ever taken from me to a US buyer was 2 weeks MAX.

Good thing you got your card!

Shep :ugeek:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Recently, mail going from Canada to the US seems to be a lot quicker than the reverse. Not sure which side is "at fault", but if I had to guess...I'd throw the USPS under the bus first.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
About 1,000 people have bought from me and aside from the odd lengthy delay (3-4 weeks), I'd say they've been happy. Be a little patient w/ shipping though. You're looking at about 2 weeks or so.

Please explain what went wrong in the last 7 years?

In 2003-2004, I collected vintage hockey heavily. I bought probably 200 items from Canada.

Never once had a problem. Never a lost package. Interstate mail would usually take 3-4 days. Canadian mail would take 4-6 days. Longest I had to wait was 10 calendar days

Why the hell are so many people having a problem with dealing with canadians? Has there been a mass breakdown in the effectiveness of the USPS or Canada's mail service recently?

brouthercard said:
notjomommasclint said:
i have a canadian wife... she smells of maple syrup and tells stories of her youth in the flannel smelts in her free time. occasionally i buy from canada so she can relive the great moments of her life by seeing queen mums photo on the stamp.

Ok, so ask your wife to settle the eternal question of Canadian life - Bryan Adams or Corey Hart?

she said bryan adams then looked at me like it was the obvious answer.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I've had no problems in the past and usually don't even notice much difference in shipping time, although my most recent purchase was over two weeks ago and I still have not received the card. When I looked at the listing again to try to figure out what was up, I realized the seller was Canadian and it appears I'll have to wait another couple weeks.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
braden said:

Please explain what went wrong in the last 7 years?

In 2003-2004, I collected vintage hockey heavily. I bought probably 200 items from Canada.

Never once had a problem. Never a lost package. Interstate mail would usually take 3-4 days. Canadian mail would take 4-6 days. Longest I had to wait was 10 calendar days

Why the hell are so many people having a problem with dealing with canadians? Has there been a mass breakdown in the effectiveness of the USPS or Canada's mail service recently?

It's a hell of a good question and one I've wondered about many times. To be honest, I rarely encounter the horror stories that many people on here seem to have. Most often, it takes under 10 business days to get to me/from me to them. Patience is definitely waning for a lot of people. I'm not sure if it's buyers unaware that they purchased from a Canadian but I'll often get emails after about 4 days asking where their card is. Once I explain that I'm in Canada they usually understand.

All that to say, I really have no idea. I think some people exaggerate while others sometimes use it as an excuse. I had a package take over three weeks to get to me about a month back and I emailed the seller. He was pretty rude stating that I should know that international shipments take longer. Sure enough, when the package arrived he had shipped it out 11 days after I paid.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
The lengthy delays of mail coming into the US are due to US customs and security. Recently they changed process on cross border mail and scrutinize a ton of stuff. With new rules in place they are holding mail up expecially bubble mailers and packages.

A chick over at Canada post where I send my stuff out told me that you must now declare if you have plastic in the bubble mailer. Before I used to say they are photos and ship them. If there is anything other than paper in the bubble mailer, you must now declare it. I still dont. But I think that adds to the time delay as they probably must check all non paper form items being sent.

Its a bitch of a time if you have to declare non paper. It then becomes a 2nd form you must fill out. Put value and probably charge you non mail standard rates as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts