Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bubba Starling's LEAF "Nike Bo" card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
jbhofmann said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
[quote="Leaf":4zip51hy][quote="bradical":4zip51hy]Its almost comical. The Bo Jackson, an iconic image, shot with actual black & white film, using some lighting, and has some general depth to the photo.

The Bubba, shot in color and cheaply swapped to black & white with a post process makes the photo come off very cheap and unprofessional.

Thanks for the kind words...
Bubba has a 1000% better chance of being a baseball or football hall of famer than BO Jackson... wanna bet?

Point is, it is a salute to BO... and a testament to Bubba's athleticism...

At the end of the day, its not for evferyone... But for 25 lucky collectors, it will be.
BG

Where is the Obviously Pro Hall of Fame here? Must have missed it

Use your brain for a minute. Bo is in the college HOF. why would I be making a bet about that?
Plus, clearly my guy is NOT going to college, so how can I bet that????
BG

Has he signed with a MLB team? Has he been asked to be released from his LOI? Nebraska's coach even has talked about him.

Using the brain, you clearly stated HALL OF FAME. You did not specify and when someone showed you up on it, you played the obviously card. Obviously nothing, you should pay the man.

Yes, ask 50 people if a player is in the football hall of fame... 50 will think you mean NFL...
Grow up...We didnt play with kids who acted like that in school... BG[/quote:4zip51hy]

There is no such thing as the NFL Hall of Fame. It's actually the Pro Football Hall of Fame.[/quote:4zip51hy]

OBVIOUSLY he meant that as when he speaks you have to work for the hidden unspoken words

and another legitimate statement would be "I misspoke Bo is in the HOF where should I send your Box to the poster who corrected you"

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
jbhofmann said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
[quote="ljw29":2j0u1drs][quote="Leaf":2j0u1drs][quote="bradical":2j0u1drs]Its almost comical. The Bo Jackson, an iconic image, shot with actual black & white film, using some lighting, and has some general depth to the photo.

The Bubba, shot in color and cheaply swapped to black & white with a post process makes the photo come off very cheap and unprofessional.

Bubba has a 1000% better chance of being a baseball or football hall of famer than BO Jackson... wanna bet?

At the end of the day, its not for evferyone... But for 25 lucky collectors, it will be.
BG

Use your brain for a minute. Bo is in the college HOF. why would I be making a bet about that?
BG

Has he signed with a MLB team? Has he been asked to be released from his LOI? Nebraska's coach even has talked about him.

Using the brain, you clearly stated HALL OF FAME. You did not specify and when someone showed you up on it, you played the obviously card. Obviously nothing, you should pay the man.

Yes, ask 50 people if a player is in the football hall of fame... 50 will think you mean NFL...
Grow up...We didnt play with kids who acted like that in school... BG[/quote:2j0u1drs]

There is no such thing as the NFL Hall of Fame. It's actually the Pro Football Hall of Fame.[/quote:2j0u1drs]

OBVIOUSLY he meant that as when he speaks you have to work for the hidden unspoken words

and another legitimate statement would be "I misspoke Bo is in the HOF where should I send your Box to the poster who corrected you"[/quote:2j0u1drs]

I feel very sorry for you.
BG

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
jbhofmann said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
[quote="Leaf":rom04zw4][quote="ljw29":rom04zw4][quote="Leaf":rom04zw4][quote="bradical":rom04zw4]Its almost comical. The Bo Jackson, an iconic image, shot with actual black & white film, using some lighting, and has some general depth to the photo.

BG

BG

Grow up...We didnt play with kids who acted like that in school... BG[/quote:rom04zw4]

There is no such thing as the NFL Hall of Fame. It's actually the Pro Football Hall of Fame.[/quote:rom04zw4]

and another legitimate statement would be "I misspoke Bo is in the HOF where should I send your Box to the poster who corrected you"[/quote:rom04zw4]

BG[/quote:rom04zw4]

And I for you because you were wrong and instead of saying hey my bad you were right I should have said, you start calling people hacks and thanks to social networking already am sharing with some of those guys you had signing for ya, so they know if they dont perform they are hacks too

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
jbhofmann said:
Leaf said:
[quote="ljw29":gij59sz7][quote="Leaf":gij59sz7][quote="ljw29":gij59sz7][quote="Leaf":gij59sz7][quote="bradical":gij59sz7]Its almost comical. The Bo Jackson, an iconic image, shot with actual black & white film, using some lighting, and has some general depth to the photo.

BG

BG

Grow up...We didnt play with kids who acted like that in school... BG[/quote:gij59sz7]

There is no such thing as the NFL Hall of Fame. It's actually the Pro Football Hall of Fame.[/quote:gij59sz7]

and another legitimate statement would be "I misspoke Bo is in the HOF where should I send your Box to the poster who corrected you"[/quote:gij59sz7]

BG[/quote:gij59sz7]

And I for you because you were wrong and instead of saying hey my bad you were right I should have said, you start calling people hacks and thanks to social networking already am sharing with some of those guys you had signing for ya, so they know if they dont perform they are hacks too[/quote:gij59sz7]

Answer the above post question, smarty pants...
BG

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
[quote="Leaf":pguqrfns][quote="jbhofmann":pguqrfns]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

I'll take a free box of Leaf Ali.

Thanks for the bet.

I was talking about PRO HALL OF FAMES.

BG

P.s.- 859 players are in the College HOF, 253 in the NFL. The NFL is VERY loose in its selections. What does that say about the College HOF?

More schools, more records, more of a past. 113 Division 1-A Schools alone, not counting D-1AA, D2, and DIII

so lets say about 400 schools total that is around 2 per school, while NFL is averaging 8 per team.

Big difference

Here is a small sampling of the difference between NFL and college hall of fames:

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

How many Heisman Trophy winners in there awarded to the best player?

Seriously if you dont understand why they have so many people as compared to NFL then I will help you

High School has 1,000,000 Players

Between D1A and D1AA or FBS and FCS over 12,000 Scholarship Players (minimal end of the number)

NFL 1,696 players

Make Sense Now?

I fully understand, but there are TONS of guys in there who had little or NO professional career....
If I am making a bold statement about someone being a BB or FB hall of famer, its fair to point out that the college HOF has loads of 2-3 year wonders...

If the NFL loosened up their standards to 2-3 year wonders, there would be 1000+++ members.
BG[/quote:pguqrfns]

There are guys in the College Hall of Fame who went and served in Wartime and Died, there are guys who went and served and the ability to go pro was not as easy for them, and 2 or 3 year wonder in their sport in College, makes them shockingly a COLLEGE HALL OF FAMER. So professional career does not play in here, you said Hall of Famer, you did not say which one and you got caught and wont own up.[/quote:pguqrfns]

I'll be the ****** bag here.

I assumed he was talking about the NFL/MLB hall of fames, not college, because if you say someone is a HOFer, you're almost NEVER talking about college. And by almost never, I mean less than 1% of the time.

But then again, I'm not a ***** looking for a loophole to screw somebody out of money because they didn't word a little bet like a full-blown lawyer would write a contract.

/rant.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
aminors said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
[quote="ljw29":tjhqbbkp][quote="Leaf":tjhqbbkp][quote="jbhofmann":tjhqbbkp]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

P.s.- 859 players are in the College HOF, 253 in the NFL. The NFL is VERY loose in its selections. What does that say about the College HOF?

More schools, more records, more of a past. 113 Division 1-A Schools alone, not counting D-1AA, D2, and DIII

so lets say about 400 schools total that is around 2 per school, while NFL is averaging 8 per team.

Big difference

Here is a small sampling of the difference between NFL and college hall of fames:

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

Seriously if you dont understand why they have so many people as compared to NFL then I will help you

Between D1A and D1AA or FBS and FCS over 12,000 Scholarship Players (minimal end of the number)

NFL 1,696 players

Make Sense Now?

I fully understand, but there are TONS of guys in there who had little or NO professional career....
If I am making a bold statement about someone being a BB or FB hall of famer, its fair to point out that the college HOF has loads of 2-3 year wonders...

If the NFL loosened up their standards to 2-3 year wonders, there would be 1000+++ members.
BG[/quote:tjhqbbkp]

There are guys in the College Hall of Fame who went and served in Wartime and Died, there are guys who went and served and the ability to go pro was not as easy for them, and 2 or 3 year wonder in their sport in College, makes them shockingly a COLLEGE HALL OF FAMER. So professional career does not play in here, you said Hall of Famer, you did not say which one and you got caught and wont own up.[/quote:tjhqbbkp]

I assumed he was talking about the NFL/MLB hall of fames, not college, because if you say someone is a HOFer, you're almost NEVER talking about college. And by almost never, I mean less than 1% of the time.

But then again, I'm not a ***** looking for a loophole to screw somebody out of money because they didn't word a little bet like a full-blown lawyer would write a contract.

/rant.[/quote:tjhqbbkp]

I get nothing out of it so no im not trying to screw him, unless that one box brings down his whole Empire.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
[quote="ljw29":2hpvicfi][quote="Leaf":2hpvicfi][quote="jbhofmann":2hpvicfi]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

Big difference

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

NFL 1,696 players

Make Sense Now?

BG[/quote:2hpvicfi]

There are guys in the College Hall of Fame who went and served in Wartime and Died, there are guys who went and served and the ability to go pro was not as easy for them, and 2 or 3 year wonder in their sport in College, makes them shockingly a COLLEGE HALL OF FAMER. So professional career does not play in here, you said Hall of Famer, you did not say which one and you got caught and wont own up.[/quote:2hpvicfi]

/rant.[/quote:2hpvicfi]

aminors, please PM me your address. I have to send you a token of appreciation for speaking the truth.
BG

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
aminors said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
[quote="Leaf":2ktjeruc][quote="ljw29":2ktjeruc][quote="Leaf":2ktjeruc][quote="jbhofmann":2ktjeruc]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

Big difference

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

NFL 1,696 players

Make Sense Now?

BG[/quote:2ktjeruc]

There are guys in the College Hall of Fame who went and served in Wartime and Died, there are guys who went and served and the ability to go pro was not as easy for them, and 2 or 3 year wonder in their sport in College, makes them shockingly a COLLEGE HALL OF FAMER. So professional career does not play in here, you said Hall of Famer, you did not say which one and you got caught and wont own up.[/quote:2ktjeruc]

/rant.[/quote:2ktjeruc]

aminors, please PM me your address. I have to send you a token of appreciation for speaking the truth.
BG[/quote:2ktjeruc]

If you really meant words like that and believed in them. you would be messaging the guy who corrected you, but you are not man enough to do that. Keep patting yourself on the back.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
question:

Is Norm Cash a Hall of Famer?

BG

Yep Texas Hall of Famer

Point made!
If I told a crowd of people he was a Hall of Famer, they would NOT say, "oh,yes.. a texas Hall of famer"..
BG

My point made actually

did you say Hall of Fame or Pro Football Hall of Fame?

You said Hall of Fame clearly and wouldnt own up to it, but rush to reward those that agree with you.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
This has devolved into one of the dumbest threads in FCB history. I'm far from a fan of BG but the nitpicking in regards to the HOF 'debate' is astounding.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
braden said:
This has devolved into one of the dumbest threads in FCB history. I'm far from a fan of BG but the nitpicking in regards to the HOF 'debate' is astounding.

Back to original point, Bo is a HOF, so BG was wrong on that.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
question:

Is Norm Cash a Hall of Famer?

BG

Yep Texas Hall of Famer

Point made!
If I told a crowd of people he was a Hall of Famer, they would NOT say, "oh,yes.. a texas Hall of famer"..
BG

My point made actually

did you say Hall of Fame or Pro Football Hall of Fame?

You said Hall of Fame clearly and wouldnt own up to it, but rush to reward those that agree with you.

No, I was rewarding him for having the rationality and reality you were so sorely lacking in the discussion.
Go buzz around a picnic with the other flies...
Good nite.
BG

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Re: Bubba Starling's LEAF

cgilmo said:
No he isn't you dink. You know damn good and well what hall of fame he was talking about.

I just thought HOF not specific, and you are[ a former Crimson Tide member, I dont expect you to recognize an Auburn HOFer ;)

I'm done

edited to clean grammar bold not to edit content

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
ljw29 said:
aminors said:
ljw29 said:
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
[quote="Leaf":yks27n3z][quote="ljw29":yks27n3z][quote="Leaf":yks27n3z][quote="jbhofmann":yks27n3z]Bo is already in the College Football HOF.

Thanks for the bet.

BG

Big difference

Neil Lomax
Chuck Long
Craig Morton
Ken O'Brien
Gino Toretta
Andre Ware
Marc Wilson
Danny White
Ed Marinaro

BG

NFL 1,696 players

Make Sense Now?

BG[/quote:yks27n3z]

There are guys in the College Hall of Fame who went and served in Wartime and Died, there are guys who went and served and the ability to go pro was not as easy for them, and 2 or 3 year wonder in their sport in College, makes them shockingly a COLLEGE HALL OF FAMER. So professional career does not play in here, you said Hall of Famer, you did not say which one and you got caught and wont own up.[/quote:yks27n3z]

/rant.[/quote:yks27n3z]

I get nothing out of it so no im not trying to screw him, unless that one box brings down his whole Empire.[/quote:yks27n3z]

Not about whether or not you get anything out of it. It's just the fact that you have to read down to the detail that he omitted because he probably assumed people would use their ~GASP!~ common sense to decipher. Most of us know Bo is in the college football hall, so that is implied. Not only that, but Hall of Fame insinuates (again, to those of us who aren't just SEARCHING for a loophole by an omission...one which was obviously implied, no less) professional play. I wouldn't go around saying I was a Hall of Famer if I was in the Indiana Lacross HOF or something. Not the same. Professional HOF is pro. Others are in a whole other ballpark, if you'll excuse the pun. You know perfectly well what he meant, and taking it another way to be "that guy" is just stupid and ends up in eight-plus-page bitchfests like this one.

Again, not whether or not you're getting anything. It's about principle and not being a troll blowing up this thread into something it isn't just for the sake of a dumb argument.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008

cgilmo said:
No he isn't you dink. You know damn good and well what hall of fame he was talking about.

Just looked up dink.

You either said ljw was - One of the greatest rock and roll stars of the 21st century. Talking about Engelbert Humperdinck

or

Racial slur used in the movies Apocalypse Now and Platoon to refer to the North Vietnamese.

If its the latter.... No reason to bring race into this. BG made a comment and someone called him out on it.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

P_Manning 18 said:
cgilmo said:

Just looked up dink.

You either said ljw was - One of the greatest rock and roll stars of the 21st century. Talking about Engelbert Humperdinck

or

Racial slur used in the movies Apocalypse Now and Platoon to refer to the North Vietnamese.

If its the latter.... No reason to bring race into this. BG made a comment and someone called him out on it.
Found 2 more on wiki
A 'jerk' or 'goof'
A British word for ***** :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts