User Tag List

Page 1001 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 501901951991997998999100010011002100310041005101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 21324

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, that particular seller has gotten a lot of my money lately. His promo collection was epic, at least in my mind. I've landed a bunch of real tough promos, including a 1991 Score Promo of Puckett, a 1990 Sportflics of Boggs (only the 4th player I've ever seen) and quite a few of those executive promos. I think it's crazy to see the price variance between them. A ton sell for opening bid and others have gone $300 plus.
    Last edited by clarkfan; 11-17-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post
    Yep, that particular seller has gotten a lot of my money lately. His promo collection was epic, at least in my mind. I've landed a bunch of real tough promos, including a 1991 Score Promo of Puckett, a 1990 Sportflics of Boggs (only the 4th player I've ever seen) and quite a few of those executive promos. I think it's crazy to see the price variance between them. A ton sell for opening bid and others have gone $300 plus.
    I knew you'd be a player in some of those. Over the last month or so he had quite a few promos that I know you have worked on accumulating. I wish the Clark APs stayed reasonable (IMO) and wish he possibly had a 90' Score or SF Clark. He def put some stuff on the market that doesn't come up basically ever.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    wish he possibly had a 90' Score or SF Clark
    Those would have been fireworks for sure. I mean, even if I wasn't in the mix, everyone else would have been and that could have gotten out of hand quick. Part of me wishes to see one listed just to see the final outcome, part of me doesn't. The 1990 Score promo is the prize of my entire collection and truly feel it's the type of card that even endless amounts of money can't buy.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post
    That is an incredible price on the Puckett Score Promo. Heck, I sold a Greenwell for $200. Oh, just looked through his completed and it's interested that he also had two Greenwells, a Dave Stewart, and Cecil Fielder. Those are the exact same three that I've owned. Now I'm wondering if every aqua-green card in 1991 Score had a promo or just a select few. That Lance Johnson went for more than just about anyone other than Puckett.
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    That Lance Johnson went for more than just about anyone other than Puckett.
    I personally went after that one, first time I've ever seen a Johnson, but I was outbid, I might have been the underbidder. I think some are easier to find than others though. I've tried to track every one that's been listed in the past few years and I honestly see quite a few repeats and other's that have never been listed. Greenwell has been on there a lot shockingly. Those are the type of promos that I love though, ones that you might have 1 opportunity to land or you'll have to wait years before you even have another opportunity to bid on one.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I "bought" my 90's white whale a few days ago. I've been searching for it for 15+ years - it's older than that, but it was the first time I thought I could scrounge up enough to afford it. I was 20, arrogant, and very wrong. It was out of my price range, but I had a friend win it. I have until the end of this year to pay him. If not, I told him I'd resell it and reimburse him for whatever the difference is.

It isn't really an insert, but it is super sweet. It's really rad if you're into plaid. It's a great pickup for someone who enjoys one night stands and never bothers to remember names.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So all these promo's and samples aren't necessarily from the 90's, but the majority of them are. I was fortunate to land the two '97 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch Executive Promo's of Puckett. Here's the majority of my hard to find promos and samples and if anyone has others that I don't have and are interested in parting ways with them, please let me know. Thanks Jeremy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puckett Promos & Samples.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	56896

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me if this is a rare card I have seen the ones without the hole punched on the card.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auction0092.jpg  

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    So all these promo's and samples aren't necessarily from the 90's, but the majority of them are. I was fortunate to land the two '97 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch Executive Promo's of Puckett. Here's the majority of my hard to find promos and samples and if anyone has others that I don't have and are interested in parting ways with them, please let me know. Thanks Jeremy

Impressive !

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris19978 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this is a rare card I have seen the ones without the hole punched on the card.

Thats the redeemed card. You sent it in, they punched it and sent it back. I dont believe it holds any more value than an unpunched one.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh!

jerik20
     @KeyserSozeCard
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post

meh!

It's whatevs
    Currently looking for the following:
    -90's Bagwell and Biggio rare inserts & parallels
    -Carlos Correa, George Springer
    -2015 Heritage HN Action RCs of Correa, Bryant, Lindor, Syndergaard, Gallo, Buxton, Russell, Rodon

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=1888]JoshHamilton[/MENTION] that looks like a PSA 9 if you're crazy enough to crack it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post

That's awesome! I would love to know more about those ACE Promo's & Variations or maybe just a confirmed player list. Those are crazy hard to find, so seeing 4 of them there is crazy. Ever seen the Blue/White Test Issue with Puckett side blue?

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats [MENTION=1888]JoshHamilton[/MENTION]

Ryan