User Tag List

Page 1042 of 1425 FirstFirst ... 425429429921032103810391040104110421043104410451046105210921142 ... LastLast
Results 15,616 to 15,630 of 21371

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy100 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up AUTaxMan! I just picked up the 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold Chipper Jones that has always been out of my price range for me. I can tell it has a print line in the scan but at that price I couldn't pass it up.

1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold #59 - Chipper Jones
    Courtesy of COMC.com

Same here. Mine's got a couple of lines but I'll take it for the price.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris19978 View Post
    But on the positive side it's much cheaper to get than others. I would have to sell my soul for some of the cards I want.

Try collecting some of the no-namers. They are really hard to track down. Especially older oddballs. I'd rather collect a bigger name player. At least I'd have a fighting chance.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj View Post
    Try collecting some of the no-namers. They are really hard to track down. Especially older oddballs. I'd rather collect a bigger name player. At least I'd have a fighting chance.
    Word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone. I joined the forum today after lurking for many years. This is BY FAR my favorite thread on any forum. I have to say, the commitment, passion, and knowledge of those sharing their cards here is so cool. I learn something new all the time here.

I primarily collect Ryne Sandberg cards, and tough 90's inserts and parallels are among my favorite items of his to chase. Here are some of my favorites. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	58938

Views:	96 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	58939

Views:	95 
Size:	415.5 KB 
ID:	58940

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael.petkus View Post
    Hi everyone. I joined the forum today after lurking for many years. This is BY FAR my favorite thread on any forum. I have to say, the commitment, passion, and knowledge of those sharing their cards here is so cool. I learn something new all the time here.

I primarily collect Ryne Sandberg cards, and tough 90's inserts and parallels are among my favorite items of his to chase. Here are some of my favorites. Thanks!

Views:	100 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	58938

Views:	96 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	58939

Views:	95 
Size:	415.5 KB 
ID:	58940
    Welcome and great 1st post. That PMG looks great!

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryno was my favorite player growing up. Awesome cards and welcome to the forums!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a few cards I liked in a large Rafael Palmeiro collection and picked them up. You just don't see 1996 Fleer Ultra Thunderclap Gold Medallions very often!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/331764009011

The 1996 Hitting Machines Gold Med, allegedly 4x on the pull odds, is also in this lot but with the retail only distribution for the Thunderclaps for my money those are the really tough ones.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj View Post

Your not looking in the right spots I see tons of commons and oddball cards. It's a better problem to have to wait a find one than to know where 15 of one card is but not be able to afford it because the price is basically $20,000 or more for any of them as my 1996 Mirror Gold Jeter will probably cost me. Ask any big player collector that doesn't have there guys Mirror Gold card and they will tell you. I much rather wait 5 years or more and be able to pick a card up for a few dollars than see it come and go and know I can't afford it as it's way out my price range. Unless I hit it big I will never see that card or trade some of my big cards for it with cash to pay still as well. It will be my masterpiece of my collection if I ever get it.

corockies
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your not looking in the right spots I see tons of commons and oddball cards. It's a better problem to have to wait a find one than to know where 15 of one card is but not be able to afford it because the price is basically $20,000 or more for any of them as my 1996 Mirror Gold Jeter will probably cost me. Ask any big player collector that doesn't have there guys Mirror Gold card and they will tell you. I much rather wait 5 years or more and be able to pick a card up for a few dollars than see it come and go and know I can't afford it as it's way out my price range. Unless I hit it big I will never see that card or trade some of my big cards for it with cash to pay still as well. It will be my masterpiece of my collection if I ever get it.
    I'm pretty sure the point he was making was that players like Jeter will always have the exposure and the availability because most sellers know that there's money to be made off of hall of fame players. I can almost guarantee you if a seller has a Derek Jeter 1997 Pinnacle Inside Club Edition and a Jeff Conine 1997 Pinnacle Club Edition the Jeter will get posted for sale first, and the probability of the Conine getting listed would be at best 50/50, because a quick scan of previously sold Conine auction wouldn't yield even close to the final auction value of any Jeter cards. That's what makes no-namers tougher to collect - the product is out there but will it ever get listed?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corockies View Post
    I'm pretty sure the point he was making was that players like Jeter will always have the exposure and the availability because most sellers know that there's money to be made off of hall of fame players. I can almost guarantee you if a seller has a Derek Jeter 1997 Pinnacle Inside Club Edition and a Jeff Conine 1997 Pinnacle Club Edition the Jeter will get posted for sale first, and the probability of the Conine getting listed would be at best 50/50, because a quick scan of previously sold Conine auction wouldn't yield even close to the final auction value of any Jeter cards. That's what makes no-namers tougher to collect - the product is out there but will it ever get listed?
    This is 100% correct. When stars get 10-20x + the commons they aren't getting listed. Plus if we are talking 90s inserts I've noticed any mainstream(shows) outlets basically consider this era worthless.

I tried collecting Roberto Alomar once. I picked up a bunch of rarer stuff over a couple month period. I wasn't spending a ton per card but enough to hope I got some back. The flip side is when you go to sell unless you picked up dirt cheap your loosing money.

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=12870]Michael.petkus[/MENTION] welcome and nice Rynos!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're collecting one of the most expensive players you can collect. That's a decision you must make based on your income. Secondly, I collect Bagwell and while he isn't exactly Jeter, his stuff is pricey. Pricier than it was when I started. So I know what it can be like not being able to afford stuff if it does come up. Right now I'm letting a ton of stuff go and a friendly rival here is gobbling it right up because I can't afford it.

Funny this came up though. I haven't seen a 96 mirror gold Bagwell pop in years. And if one does, it will easily be the most expensive card he has. I've been offered one when I was basically broke and told the guy no. Either way, it's not only going to be expensive, it's also of a bigger name player and still does not pop up. A rare combo IMO.

I also collect a slew of other guys. Some of those are old Astros players. Trust me, there are cards that damn near do not exist. And I have no idea if I'll ever see them pop. A least with Bagwell, if I don't own it, I had a chance to. And I do consider the situation as just like that. Because had I just set money aside, when the rare stuff does come up, instead of having a 100 random cards, I'd be able to knock a whale off my list.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been collecting Frank Sanders football cards since 1995. He's a semi-star. Has about 1000 cards from the 90s and early 00s. The cards are cheap when you can find them, but I bet there are 100 of his cards that I've never seen in 20 years and may never see. I'd venture to say that 99.999% of Jeter cards have hit the market.

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    I've been collecting Frank Sanders football cards since 1995. He's a semi-star. Has about 1000 cards from the 90s and early 00s. The cards are cheap when you can find them, but I bet there are 100 of his cards that I've never seen in 20 years and may never see. I'd venture to say that 99.999% of Jeter cards have hit the market.
    I agree

This past week on eBay a 1999 Gold Label Red /25 Lankford was posted at auction. I have never seen one and it cost a TON. There are many other Lankfors insert cards that I have never seen.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the above is why I miss cards shows at malls. I also collect Lance Parrish. At shows I could spend hours going through 10 cent boxes {15 for a dollar}. And loved it. On line Not so much.