Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
BunchOBull said:
I have the Maddux, one of the last few rarities in my Maddog collection.

1990DonrussAqueousTest158a.jpg
1990DonrussAqueousTest158b.jpg

that is awesome, if I might ask....if one of these popped up on say ebay, any idea what it might fetch or around? or the last to pop up? I'm 2 years back into the hobby after a 15 year break... been filling all the small stuff back into my Maddux collection but been trying to familiarize myself with a lot of the stuff I'll eventually want to pull the trigger on and trying to get better ideas of what is a decent price on a lot of the harder to find stuff, or low numbered stuff from that time

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I think the last one sold for $150ish, but I don't recall exactly. I think anything under $200 is a steal, as the few known copies are pretty wrapped up in collections.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Hendersonfan said:
What all players are in the 90 Donruss Test? What is different about that card than the regular? Obviously the writing on the back.

No I don't believe that all cards are in the set. They are rare though and I believe
they were issued in packs and given to some mid west dealer? Can't remember the complete story?

Checklist with scans... Not sure if its complete but Bob Fisk has just about every set know to
man up to 1991.. Incredible :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.psacard.com/PSASETREGISTRY/alltimeset.aspx?s=65444

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Jack Straw said:
Hendersonfan said:
What all players are in the 90 Donruss Test? What is different about that card than the regular? Obviously the writing on the back.

No I don't believe that all cards are in the set. They are rare though and I believe
they were issued in packs and given to some mid west dealer? Can't remember the complete story?

Checklist with scans... Not sure if its complete but Bob Fisk has just about every set know to

But what is different about the cards? Just the writing? Or is there a finish or something?

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Hendersonfan said:
Jack Straw said:
Hendersonfan said:

But what is different about the cards? Just the writing? Or is there a finish or something?

I don't know for fact but yes the writing and the type of printing process or ink gives it a different look or feel? Like I said I have never held one just going on what I heard over the years?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
They are ever so slightly more glossy than the pack inserted variety. They were a test run of a more environmentally friendly printing process, that I believe included water soluble inks.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
riveraXVX said:
jacobbocce72 said:
I'm sure these have been posted before, but I had to post this as I pulled it from a box a week ago:

IMG_0003.jpg

Also posted it in the box breaks forum...

love it! let me know if you end up finding anything for it!

Ended up selling it to a PC collector on the boards... Think we each got a fair price for it. Good news is that I made enough on the ruby to fund another 90's box break... :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts