User Tag List

Page 1062 of 1425 FirstFirst ... 6256296210121052105810591060106110621063106410651066107211121162 ... LastLast
Results 15,916 to 15,930 of 21371

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

  1. #15916
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,559
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGreerFan View Post
    I dunno... I don't have cards with a $200 market value in my collection heh Shoot me a PM with what you're looking for?

    and thanks for accepting my offer on the Erstad Diffractor on COMC
    Collecting Erstad Diffractors? I'm about 82% sure I have one lying around.

  2. #15917
    Member athletics07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    883
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, I was browsing the Beckett marketplace and came across some new Burbank listings that weren't on eBay yet. Among them, a 1999 SP Signature Gold Auto /50 Adrian Beltre for $20! Is it true? Could Burbank's two decades old player pricing hierarchy finally work in my favor? Alas, arrived today, and it is numbered but has the silver strike through. So, an aftermarket forgery. Question is keep the base auto for $20 and try to remove the numbering? Or send it back? Pretty sure $20 is decent for the base but no clue if I can effectively take off the numbering.

    Upside! I was able to condition upgrade my Mystery Numbers Emerald Vlad /21 in the same purchase!

  3. #15918
    Senior Member Gwynn545's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Seattle
    Posts
    5,403
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already had one, but couldn't pass up a #1 ... Beautiful cards.

  4. #15919
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A rainbow that took 18 years to compile. Sorry for the bad pics since I do not have a scanner. It is the 1998 finest centurion /500, the /500 but missing serial number, refractor /75 but missing serial number, the counterfeit /0xx refractor, and the pack issued /75 refractor. Counterfeit as in someone besides topps added the serial number. From my research it was most likely someone who worked for the printer and backdoored it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1458015922940.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	60608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1458015943220.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	60609


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Last edited by bmx807; 03-15-2016 at 12:38 AM.

  5. #15920
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=2477]Gwynn545[/MENTION], That scan looks great...

    Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  6. #15921
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the Centurion Rainbow! Curious if you are aware: Are there believed to be any counterfeit regular Centurion cards or is it only the Refractors? I picked up a remarkable lot of regular Centurions a couple years back. Probably about 250 cards in total, several complete sets and on average 12-15 cards of each player. It was via a thrift shop based out on NJ, on ebay. The serials on back look clean as best I can tell and I have never come across a duplicate serial #/500 on ebay or elsewhere. Was just surprised to get them so cheap and only after buying them while doing market research did I read about the backdoor issue. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by bmx807 View Post
    A rainbow that took 18 years to compile. Sorry for the bad pics since I do not have a scanner. It is the 1998 finest centurion /500, the /500 but missing serial number, refractor /75 but missing serial number, the counterfeit /0xx refractor, and the pack issued /75 refractor. Counterfeit as in someone besides topps added the serial number. From my research it was most likely someone who worked for the printer and backdoored it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1458015922940.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	60608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1458015943220.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	60609


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  7. #15922
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    Congrats on the Centurion Rainbow! Curious if you are aware: Are there believed to be any counterfeit regular Centurion cards or is it only the Refractors? I picked up a remarkable lot of regular Centurions a couple years back. Probably about 250 cards in total, several complete sets and on average 12-15 cards of each player. It was via a thrift shop based out on NJ, on ebay. The serials on back look clean as best I can tell and I have never come across a duplicate serial #/500 on ebay or elsewhere. Was just surprised to get them so cheap and only after buying them while doing market research did I read about the backdoor issue. Thanks!
    I haven't seen any duplicate regulars either but I only look for alex rodriguez. Mine is 91/500. But a lot of 250 seems a little sketchy since these cards were not very easily pulled. For the Refractors the only real way to tell a backdoored from a pack pulled is the 0, foil is the same and numbers are same sized. I got the missing serial number cards from a seller in Arizona who said they bought them off someone who worked for the printer.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Last edited by bmx807; 03-15-2016 at 01:19 AM.

  8. #15923
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,520
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Maybe not Super Sweet, but for $5 on a random search of Beckett.com marketplace, I felt it warranted a purchase. As a big collector of hard to find promos, I feel very few are as tough to find as the 1990 Sportflics!

  9. #15924
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post


    Maybe not Super Sweet, but for $5 on a random search of Beckett.com marketplace, I felt it warranted a purchase. As a big collector of hard to find promos, I feel very few are as tough to find as the 1990 Sportflics!
    Very nice Nolan! How many do you have now?

    Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  10. #15925
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    634
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a COMC shipment in recently that had been piling up for a while. Nothing too crazy, but some cards I was happy to pick up:

    Legacy /100:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458078953.035472.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	60628

    Platinum /98:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079022.824712.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	290.7 KB 
ID:	60629

    97 Ultra Platinum:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079089.736410.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	60630

    Diamond Edition (I don't believe the odds on these are too bad but they sure don't show up as often as I thought they would):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079178.044205.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	60631

    Always been a sucker for Artists Proofs:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079226.234827.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	60632

    And a few others I didn't have:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079284.458314.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	60633
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1458079302.605556.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	60634

  11. #15926
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,520
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Very nice Nolan! How many do you have now?

    Ryan
    5 I think

  12. #15927
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newest addition to my small Walker PC. Thanks for the deal [MENTION=10889]GameJerseyPR[/MENTION]!


  13. #15928
    Senior Member RStadlerASU22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,873
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderFan25 View Post
    Newest addition to my small Walker PC. Thanks for the deal [MENTION=10889]GameJerseyPR[/MENTION]!

    Great looking card!

    Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN



  14. #15929
    Senior Member RustyGreerFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gastonia, NC
    Posts
    2,482
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goobmcnasty View Post
    Collecting Erstad Diffractors? I'm about 82% sure I have one lying around.
    Nope - just working on the set. Thanks, though!

    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

    Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities


  15. #15930
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Daphne, AL
    Posts
    1,573
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Nothing too crazy" on the Belles. What are you talking about? Those are awesome cards. Congrats on the pick ups.
    I NEED 1990s INSERTS AND PARALLELS OF A-ROD. THANKS
    My 1997 A-Rod most wanted
    1997 Donruss Preferred Staremasters Sample #1
    1997 Mariners Score Premier #3
    1997 Ultra Autographstix Emeralds #5

    Any UNREDEEMED AUTO card from 1997

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •