Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Agree with @heavy_hitter - 3 monsters
Don't downplay that Ripken 24kt. Thats a 4 figure card even at a PSA 8

What happened on the 1999 Ultra Masterpiece ( line 10) ? I know there's a few bankruptcy replacements ( and some fakes) of that card around

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More shiny stuff showing up from my cleaning up :rolleyes:

Apparently set collectors like the shiny stuff, as a younger Clemens buddy says these are worth a lot more than the $30 + $10 slab fee I paid for mine in 2000. This one was literally right here in my apartment under a bunch of Fred Lynn stuff. I looked up the date graded- July 2000 - has some special signficance to me only. Strangely its still the only Clemens one of this # slabbed with BGS. Not sure why - I do have dupes, but guess I never got around to slabbing them. Whats worse is I never slabbed the other variation so guess I gotta get around to that now as well. May use PSA so I can resale em all
full.jpg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Those young people. Always telling the oldsters what's hip :)

More shiny stuff showing up from my cleaning up :rolleyes:

Apparently set collectors like the shiny stuff, as a younger Clemens buddy says these are worth a lot more than the $30 + $10 slab fee I paid for mine in 2000. This one was literally right here in my apartment under a bunch of Fred Lynn stuff. I looked up the date graded- July 2000 - has some special signficance to me only. Strangely its still the only Clemens one of this # slabbed with BGS. Not sure why - I do have dupes, but guess I never got around to slabbing them. Whats worse is I never slabbed the other variation so guess I gotta get around to that now as well. May use PSA so I can resale em all

Last edited:

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Those young people. Always telling the oldsters what's hip :)
Sharp card! Probably my favorite of that theme because its got 12 on the back, his 1st half year Yankees jersey# and inverse of 21, not 22.

90s hypesters have blown these and PMGs into silliness. Lots being held hostage by flippers, rather than set collectors nowadays.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
True facts.

Far and away the most expensive Alomar auctions I've seen are a couple recent 98 PMG's. Even more than 97 Totally Certified Golds, and even a 98 Crusade Red that's a prisoner of everyone's favorite ebay hostage holder.

Fortunately I have all the star rubies, and a 98 PMG. But still missing that 99 PMG, and if one ever shows up, I doubt I'll be able to afford it. Wonder if they will ever cool off.

90s hypesters have blown these and PMGs into silliness. Lots being held hostage by flippers, rather than set collectors nowadays.

jgardian97

Feb 2, 2024
Los Angeles
The only one I have is in my Tom Goodwin collection, no A's. I do have the 1998 A's team set but those are way easier.

View attachment 331973

What a crappy scan, I need to go through and re-do some of the stuff I used my older scanner on.

Might as well show these because I mentioned them:

View attachment 331974 View attachment 331977 View attachment 331975 View attachment 331976
Hey 1997 Score Series II set used that same Scott Spezio Picture for their card! It looks good as a 1997 Score Reserve Collection card as well!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Hey 1997 Score Series II set used that same Scott Spezio Picture for their card! It looks good as a 1997 Score Reserve Collection card as well!

I never noticed that, it is the same picture, cropped differently:

98pinindiamondspiezio.jpg 97scoreresspiezio.jpg

And since my post from a couple of years ago was brought up, I do have a slightly better scan of my 1997 Pinnacle Inside Diamond Edition Tom Goodwin now:

97pininsidediamondc.jpg

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009

Someone got a steal.

Could have used that for my set...

@nosterbor

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Anyone been watching the Goldin auctions of the 1998 Donruss Crusade *** executive proofs?

The Purple and Green lots sold and have been broken up and sold on eBay. The Red lot sold for over $30k but was relisted.

I remember when the first sets hit COMC (circa May 2011???). Obviously a handful of *** proofs made it out into the wild…

The asterisks should be exes. The FCB app keeps converting them…

Members online

Latest posts