User Tag List

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrsallstars View Post
    The color is perfectly even, and doesn't look "yellowed" at all (to me). There are a bunch of base cards for this issue on comc that look slightly yellowed to me, and they don't look similar to these two at all.
    I concur. I have several copies and there are no irregularities.

BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this one only has irregularities because of the case it was in. I've seen 3 or 4 Thomases in different states of even yellowing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a Jeter and this was brought up a few months ago I can't remember there thoughts but I don't believe it was from the sun. It looks mostly like a test run that they might have passed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by carrsallstars View Post
    Just got these in. Very excited with the Manny as it does not match the 99 E-X base, Now, or Future that I have. Holo font is that of the base card, but the clear yellow card stock is definitely different. I seem to recall a picture of a Griffey shown here on FCB...but don't recall any info being provided on it at all. I may have found images of McGwire and Piazza on the web. Any info is appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jeter0006.jpg   Jeter0005.jpg  

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up on debating whether these were legitimately gold long ago. Some people just refuse to believe. The exact same technique was used a few years later in 2003 EX Essential Credentials Future.

2003 EX Essential Credentials Future #67 - Alex Rodriguez /36
    Courtesy of COMC.com
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were discussed on 3-30-16, starting with post #16037 . I brought them up when several got listed on ebay. I grabbed the Vlad for $2, others went cheap too. They're definitely not yellowed by the sun (color is too consistent), they were some sort of test run as far as I'm concerned.

carrsallstars
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you gents. So we have established that the recent ones are coming from the same seller overseas, who also had basketball and perhaps football versions with the same clear yellow plastic stock color that was never pack issued. In house test/proof run/prototype seems like the most likely explanation. I'll add to the updated checklist of observed cards. If I can come up with an extra base Manny I will leave it on a windowsill and that could close the book (or prove!) the yellowing theory

Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    Although not officially recognized, I'd agree, after having one in hand there's little chance that this could be an aftermarket effect or printing error, IMO. Several sources have now popped up for these as well. Checklist now appears to be up to the following:

Griffey
    Jeter
    Piazza
    Sosa
    Nomar
    Rodriguez
    Glaus
    Helton
    Gwynn
    McGwire
    Burrell
    Vlad
    Thomas
    Ripken
    Chipper
    Beltran
    El Duque
    Addiitons:
    Manny Ramirez
    Mike Mussina
    Collecting (click for website/wantlist):.....Manny Ramirez.....1998 Bowman Chrome Master Set.....2009 Topps Tribute Black Master Set

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gracecollector View Post
    They were discussed on 3-30-16, starting with post #16037 . I brought them up when several got listed on ebay. I grabbed the Vlad for $2, others went cheap too. They're definitely not yellowed by the sun (color is too consistent), they were some sort of test run as far as I'm concerned.
    Well, I do not have the Gwynn, so I think they're yellowed by a light, probably a grow-light in some marijuana production plant, where some loser stoner is trying to make a quick scam.
    However, if I could get a Gwynn into my collection, then I'd think they're executive proofs, only one set made, then given by the owner of Fleer/Skybox to the leader of China in a good-will effort to extend production to their country.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ Good stuff. Thanks for the laugh.
    I NEED 1990s INSERTS AND PARALLELS OF A-ROD. THANKS
    My 1997 A-Rod most wanted
    1997 Donruss Preferred Staremasters Sample #1
    1997 Mariners Score Premier #3
    1997 Ultra Autographstix Emeralds #5

Any UNREDEEMED AUTO card from 1997

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn545 View Post
    Well, I do not have the Gwynn, so I think they're yellowed by a light, probably a grow-light in some marijuana production plant, where some loser stoner is trying to make a quick scam.
    However, if I could get a Gwynn into my collection, then I'd think they're executive proofs, only one set made, then given by the owner of Fleer/Skybox to the leader of China in a good-will effort to extend production to their country.
    1998 Tek Diffractor Wantlist - Grace & Sosa
    1998 Tek Jay Buhner Wantlist - 41 and 57
    1998 Tek Griffey Wantlist - 1, 4, 19, 23, 27, 49, 53, 66, 72, 86
    Complete Want lists HERE

Collecting 1997 Score Reserve Collection and 2014 Tek non-auto rarities

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn545 View Post
    So because you don't have a Gwynn you are saying there fake that doesn't make since. I am pretty sure they had made other years sort of like what this card looks like I could pull some examples. This has the same look as the card that has been mentioned an I am sure it wasn't from Sun Light or any other suggestion you can mention. I have seen quite a few E-X color variations on different years and I can tell you seeing the card in person it's nothing that you have mentioned.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E-X-ESSENTIA...sAAOSwr81URWVF

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris19978 View Post
    So because you don't have a Gwynn you are saying there fake that doesn't make since. I am pretty sure they had made other years sort of like what this card looks like I could pull some examples. This has the same look as the card that has been mentioned an I am sure it wasn't from Sun Light or any other suggestion you can mention. I have seen quite a few E-X color variations on different years and I can tell you seeing the card in person it's nothing that you have mentioned.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E-X-ESSENTIA...sAAOSwr81URWVF
    Look up, there is something flying over your head...

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, UFO's are out there! Don't kid!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Look up, there is something flying over your head...

Ryan

LOL..... maybe he should look up the term Na´ve..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post

What!!! You believe in Aliens???

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    I was talking about the large sarcasm space ship, but you never know

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN