User Tag List

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

sierrajunior7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Congrats, I was the under-bidder both times.

Sorry to accuse, your eBay account appears similar to the last winner of this card. Glad it went to a PC guy.
    Thanks man...no worries about the account appearing similar. With so much stuff going on with eBay being skeptical is totally understandable.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bronze is definitely not a $100 card. I flinched at the asking price of the last seller at $1200. I believe I offered $850 for it, which I thought was a strong offer, but it wasn't strong enough. To buy it for $1200, and act like an $8000 offer isn't high enough, in my opinion, is ****ing ridiculous. Especially since the current owner posts pictures, explanations, opinions, and anything else he can possibly post about it, whenever he can post it. I wasn't saying it's not a rare card. I wasn't saying it's only worth $100. I'm saying I'm effing tired of seeing it every time a rare card pops up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goobmcnasty View Post
    The Bronze is definitely not a $100 card. I flinched at the asking price of the last seller at $1200. I believe I offered $850 for it, which I thought was a strong offer, but it wasn't strong enough. To buy it for $1200, and act like an $8000 offer isn't high enough, in my opinion, is ****ing ridiculous. Especially since the current owner posts pictures, explanations, opinions, and anything else he can possibly post about it, whenever he can post it. I wasn't saying it's not a rare card. I wasn't saying it's only worth $100. I'm saying I'm effing tired of seeing it every time a rare card pops up.
    You still on this topic your price is off the guy was askingmore than that $1200.00 you posted and since then he has sold a Juan Gonzalezand an Error for $1000.00 each so your $800.00 offer was low compared to whatothers I have sold for and I have not passed on the deal just taking my time onif I will take it or not. I feel like you have an issue with me which is fineto me I could care less but if I had known this would cause this kind of anuproar I would have never mentioned what was offered to me. The card is worthwhat you’re willing to spend and the seller is willing to sell for the mostexpensive I know of that sold was $8k for the Will Clark and I was offered $10kfor my Jeter which I passed on. Knowing the Silver Jeter Promo last sold for$550.00 tells me these cards are sought after but maybe not by you. I gaveeveryone here the opportunity to get this card and no one wanted it at the$1500.00 price the 1st seller wanted for it. I have since got these same cardslisted in beckett as a set because there out there and most never knew about it.Do I expect to get a Mirror Gold or Crusade Red Jeter for it no I don't youdon't have to worry though I will not be posting this card on here ever againbecause you bring a lot of negativity towards me on a card and this is not myintention. But I agree the Crusade Red to me looks better than the Mirror Goldbut why the Mirror Gold has so much appeal over the Crusade Red is because it'sthe 1st really low numbered card that came from packs. I can't believe thevalue that is put on them when it seems like the Mirror Blue has a far lessvalue and the difference is 15 extra cards. The only reason I can think of isso many are being held by a few collectors and not being sold I can think of 12that probably will not hit the market for a very long time if ever which putsthe total number possibly available at 18 left. Everyone has their dream cardsand mine are the Crusade Red and Mirror Gold but I am not holding my breath onit because they pop up every few years and some crazy rich guys puts it way outof range for the not as rich collectors to obtain. Minus two cards I havebought this year I really have not been buying much. I did get the 1998SportzCubz Jeter as well and a 1997 Bowman Proof from the Topps Vault. I kindof regret the 1997 Bowman Proof but I am not willing to take a loss on it so Iwill keep the card. I am done with the topic you can post what you want but youwill be the one prolonging a topic you make it as you don’t care about and putsuch a low value to those particular cards but that’s just you and a few otherspeople have deep pockets might think differently.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread needs more paragraph breaks in the posts.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=6554]chris19978[/MENTION] - have you seen or owned a Puckett bronze Leaf promo?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy_hitter View Post
    This thread needs more paragraph breaks in the posts.
    Are you kiddin? That thing was a thread all by itself!
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Like you said to each their own. Although I "need" and want to add a Red Crusade, its never really been on my must have list. On the other hand the Mirror (which I own) is one on the key parts in my collection to me and put it a few levels above the Crusade.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Why? What makes it a few levels above the red crusade?

To me, they are overrated. Especially the price difference. What would I be paying all the extra money for?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    FYI, leximo accepted my $35 offer on the sheet cut Giambi Golden Anniversary Refractor, it had a $250 OBO. If you've been debating adding your guy, now may be the time.
    Anybody here know how many of these uncut sheets are out there?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tenballer View Post
    Anybody here know how many of these uncut sheets are out there?
    I know in the deal these came from , there was only one.

Ryan

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know in the deal these came from , there was only one.

Ryan

Thank you sir!

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj View Post

To me, they are overrated. Especially the price difference. What would I be paying all the extra money for?
    I'm not sure how to answer that question. It's just my opinion. No different than you valuing the Red over the Gold. Both nice limited cards, but if i had to chooss one I'd choose the Gold and there would be other wants before I got to the Red on my list of favorites.

Ryan

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how to answer that question. It's just my opinion. No different than you valuing the Red over the Gold. Both nice limited cards, but if i had to chooss one I'd choose the Gold and there would be other wants before I got to the Red on my list of favorites.

Ryan

Fair enough.

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj View Post

For me the 1996 Set is above most 90s inserts due to timing and emotion. These were the second truly rare insert to launch after the 1993 Refractors. The scarcity and hype quickly took pack prices to $50+. People had to have them

The Crusade cards are nice but flawed (imho). First how they were packed out was frustrating. You had to hunt over several products to find cards. By this time inserts had already been serial numbered and they really weren't special. Don't get me wrong they are a great set and I have moments when I regret not finishing before selling the Red set but for me they are the 1B set whereas the 1996 Mirrors are 1A.

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    For me the 1996 Set is above most 90s inserts due to timing and emotion. These were the second truly rare insert to launch after the 1993 Refractors. The scarcity and hype quickly took pack prices to $50+. People had to have them

The Crusade cards are nice but flawed (imho). First how they were packed out was frustrating. You had to hunt over several products to find cards. By this time inserts had already been serial numbered and they really weren't special. Don't get me wrong they are a great set and I have moments when I regret not finishing before selling the Red set but for me they are the 1B set whereas the 1996 Mirrors are 1A.
    For me, 1996 Mirrors are the 90's #1 parallel, and 1998 Crusades are the 90's #1 insert. So they're both #1 's. I realize most people have come to regard parallels as inserts, but to me, there is still a real distinction.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had the mirror gold and not the red crusade, I'd say the crusade would be my favorite. Since I have the red crusade, the mirror is my favorite (funny how that works, huh?) Actually, the 97 totally certified platinum is right up there with them as well. Not many folks seem to talk about them as much as the 96 mirror golds, but I still need it, so there for they are all on the same level to me.

As far as 90's inserts/parallels go, these too, are in the same league due to beauty and scarcity:

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!