Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

[quote=Jack Straw]
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor
    Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj
    Quote Originally Posted by magicpapa
    Quote Originally Posted by "Jack Straw":33p6td8m
    Some of those CC cards are really a bear! 97 Power Package Jumbo (never seen a Griffey)
    Griffey Hot List Jumbos, Golden Jubilee jumbos and The All Star Jumbos. Tough tough and tough.
    this the 97 power package jumbo?

I actually snagged the Bagwell a long while back. It went pretty cheap as a BIN I think.
    that is the only one i have seen of any player!!!!!!!

Yes that is it is it available There is a Mark Mcgwire one pictured on the Mcgwire site.
    Funny how tough these are my SCD says one per second series boxes but it seems that info may be wrong ?[/quote:33p6td8m]

Well...I am assuming I have one. I mean, looking at the checklist, its the only one on there. Numbering matches up and everything. Trust me, once I got on ebay for the first time, a new giant door was opened to me.

Scratches are on the holder its in...

Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw
    96 CC Vending Machine card. Never heard of them until last week.
    They measure really weird size 2 3/8 x 3 7/16 it actually looks like it
    could be to the 32th of an inch but who knows.
    I purchased a large number of these when they were released (early 1997, IIRC) from vending machines at Toys R' Us in Burbank, CA. From what I recall, they were $0.50 a piece and there seemed to be 3-5x the amount of some players than others - Paul Molitor and Glenallen Hill immediately come to mind. I probably bought close to 100 cards from that machine and yes, the foil cards (1-6) are produced in smaller quantities. I spoke to the seller who has them up now, who worked for the vending company and he says that the 500ct vending boxes have far fewer of the foils than the remaining 42 subjects. It was also my experience that Barry Bonds' foil showed up more often than any of the other 5 players. I never once saw a Piazza or a Frank Thomas at the time. I remember that they were not available for very long either. I was trying to build a set, despite the maddening amount of duplicates and before I came close, the machine had been switched over.

For years I held on to these singles, sometime in 2005 or so, I sold my lone Jeter, my Pucketts, Bonds, Sosa and Gwynn. All the remaining "semistars" were probably junked in a craigslist super-lot. I think by that time I was tired of waiting for a guide to acknowledge them. I searched often, but couldn't find any mention of them and interest was minimal.

Apparently, UD also produced these sets for 1996-97 basketball and 1996 and 1997 football.

I'm glad to see some interest in these oddball items and getting to talk to someone who distributed them is very helpful. Until a massive glut of them show up for sale, I'm pretty certain that these are considerably rare. Or rare in that "magazine pack" or chain-store exclusive way, not unlike 1996 Team Topps or any of those odd Wal-Mart packaging types that offered a jumbo version of an insert. We'll see, I guess.

Anyone happen to grab the full checklist on these? If so, could you PM it to me? Thanks!

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tunahead

Anyone happen to grab the full checklist on these? If so, could you PM it to me? Thanks!

https://collectingthecubs.blogspot.co...list-1996.html

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gwynn5453l4u
    Quote Originally Posted by tunahead

https://collectingthecubs.blogspot.co...list-1996.html
    Thank you very much!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersports

Great card! Love anything in a Vancouver Canadians jersey.

Baseball Needs: Larry Walker - Looking for autos, Patches and Rare cards.

Looking for Canadians playing/played in the NFL, NBA, MLB, PGA, LPGA, really anything Canadian.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=predatorkj]
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor
    Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj
    Quote Originally Posted by "Jack Straw":387fkqpk
    Some of those CC cards are really a bear! 97 Power Package Jumbo (never seen a Griffey)
    Griffey Hot List Jumbos, Golden Jubilee jumbos and The All Star Jumbos. Tough tough and tough.
    this the 97 power package jumbo?

I actually snagged the Bagwell a long while back. It went pretty cheap as a BIN I think.
    that is the only one i have seen of any player!!!!!!!

Yes that is it is it available There is a Mark Mcgwire one pictured on the Mcgwire site.
    Funny how tough these are my SCD says one per second series boxes but it seems that info may be wrong ?

Well...I am assuming I have one. I mean, looking at the checklist, its the only one on there. Numbering matches up and everything. Trust me, once I got on ebay for the first time, a new giant door was opened to me.

Scratches are on the holder its in...

[/quote:387fkqpk]

You have I think a tough card but you can tell by the size and the non die-cut as the
    pack issued inserts were die-cut. Thanks for sharing.

gvsu96
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got these tossed in at the shop the other day.
    The sea was angry that day my friends.

megaosfan08
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got mine today. $6 DLVD.

"You may never know the key to success; but the sure key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been working on reviving the first and greatest of my collections:

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bunch of 1998 Topps Tek Diffractors got listed by Burbank yesterday. Half have been sold, half are still available. Prices aren't too bad. I snagged a Grace I needed. Thought about buying a Jeter at $48, but didn't pull the trigger. It's gone now. Here's what's still available.

https://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=top....c0.m270.l1313

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also got luck & snagged this Jeter to finish off my set

[center:1gzrcym8][/center:1gzrcym8]

[center:1gzrcym8]My Bucket[/center:1gzrcym8]
    [center:1gzrcym8]WANTED: 1997 Donruss Preferred Cut to the Chase #162 Shannon Stewart[/center:1gzrcym8]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage
    96 CC Vending Machine card. Never heard of them until last week.
    They measure really weird size 2 3/8 x 3 7/16 it actually looks like it
    could be to the 32th of an inch but who knows.
    I purchased a large number of these when they were released (early 1997, IIRC) from vending machines at Toys R' Us in Burbank, CA. From what I recall, they were $0.50 a piece and there seemed to be 3-5x the amount of some players than others - Paul Molitor and Glenallen Hill immediately come to mind. I probably bought close to 100 cards from that machine and yes, the foil cards (1-6) are produced in smaller quantities. I spoke to the seller who has them up now, who worked for the vending company and he says that the 500ct vending boxes have far fewer of the foils than the remaining 42 subjects. It was also my experience that Barry Bonds' foil showed up more often than any of the other 5 players. I never once saw a Piazza or a Frank Thomas at the time. I remember that they were not available for very long either. I was trying to build a set, despite the maddening amount of duplicates and before I came close, the machine had been switched over.

For years I held on to these singles, sometime in 2005 or so, I sold my lone Jeter, my Pucketts, Bonds, Sosa and Gwynn. All the remaining "semistars" were probably junked in a craigslist super-lot. I think by that time I was tired of waiting for a guide to acknowledge them. I searched often, but couldn't find any mention of them and interest was minimal.

Apparently, UD also produced these sets for 1996-97 basketball and 1996 and 1997 football.

I'm glad to see some interest in these oddball items and getting to talk to someone who distributed them is very helpful. Until a massive glut of them show up for sale, I'm pretty certain that these are considerably rare. Or rare in that "magazine pack" or chain-store exclusive way, not unlike 1996 Team Topps or any of those odd Wal-Mart packaging types that offered a jumbo version of an insert. We'll see, I guess.
    I don't check this thread often but I decided to poke my head in here to give it a look.

I emailed Chris Carlin about these sets a while ago and never got a response. I have a few of these sets and also have the football and basketball sets as well. I know Jordan has a foil card as well. I found these at a show a while back. I should have bought all the guy had but I thought they were those one per pack walmart type inserts or a redemption set. I'll have to see how many sets I have of each when I get home tonight. I know I bought most of the baseball sets but only 2-3 of the football and basketball.
    My White Whale-2002 Bowman Chrome Facsimile Autograph # 189 Adam Roller
    Baseball Wantlist/Tradelist
    Football Tradelist
    Photobucket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra29svt
    That is a nice Clark. It would look a million times better if he was in a Giants uniform. I'm still trying to track down the Matt Williams crusades for my PC.

The awesomeness of my sig is brought to you by JBel4331

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdailey4315
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra29svt
    That is a nice Clark. It would look a million times better if he was in a Giants uniform. I'm still trying to track down the Matt Williams crusades

for my PC.
    have theses kdailey4315?
    [IMG]
    https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/ ... n/semi.jpg[/IMG]
    Let the MLB know youd like to see UD back. The license comes up in a couple years and they listen on social media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have theses kdailey4315?

[IMG]
    https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/ ... n/semi.jpg[/IMG]
    No! Those are awesome. What are they from?

The awesomeness of my sig is brought to you by JBel4331