User Tag List

Page 1385 of 1423 FirstFirst ... 3858851285133513751381138213831384138513861387138813891395 ... LastLast
Results 20,761 to 20,775 of 21338

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanlasttime View Post
    Can you confirm that the #99 Juan Gonzalez FPP was made... I know several claim they have one but no one has every shown it? I’d be very interested in one if anyone has one that they’d part with...

Kevin
    Two different collectors have confirmed the existence of all 100 cards in the set. While I do not have a picture of a Juan, I trust these two

mddgcag
     bgmartin76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one landed today. Not sure how many where made but I've only noticed two of them in my searching.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img390.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	81919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img391.jpg 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	81918

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was under bidder on McGriff diamond destiny, glad it was you that landed it! Only 60% or so complete on my gold set so not in a rush to get it finished. My best guess is 100 or so of each Gold are out there. Although I have 7 Tony Gwynn golds which is weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=chippercards.com;2525637]I was under bidder on McGriff diamond destiny, glad it was you that landed it! Only 60% or so complete on my gold set so not in a rush to get it finished. My best guess is 100 or so of each Gold are out there. Although I have 7 Tony Gwynn golds which is weird.

And FWIW I have no empirical basis for the 100 estimate. Just like you - I have been looking for many years and never see them. Further challenge was the distribution method. I was a teenage kid in 1996 and bought tons of these Upper Deck Tech packs in midwestern Wal-Marts. So many of these were opened by novice retail collectors 20 years ago. Scattered to the wind at this point. So even if 200 or 300 were printed only a fraction likely remain.

mddgcag
     bgmartin76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    I was under bidder on McGriff diamond destiny, glad it was you that landed it! Only 60% or so complete on my gold set so not in a rush to get it finished. My best guess is 100 or so of each Gold are out there. Although I have 7 Tony Gwynn golds which is weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    I always hate to see I outbid a forum member. I just got the silver one recently as well. There is one on COMC I believe but I just thought it was too high. I will keep you in mind should I see one pop up.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my buddy [MENTION=4735]nosterbor[/MENTION] who is always complaining about no Juan Gones in my box breaks
    Here ya go-- from ones I did a while ago = a coupla refractors for ya
    ( also see the slab post I do for slabbed Juans I just got back from PSA)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=chippercards.com;2525638]
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post

And FWIW I have no empirical basis for the 100 estimate. Just like you - I have been looking for many years and never see them. Further challenge was the distribution method. I was a teenage kid in 1996 and bought tons of these Upper Deck Tech packs in midwestern Wal-Marts. So many of these were opened by novice retail collectors 20 years ago. Scattered to the wind at this point. So even if 200 or 300 were printed only a fraction likely remain.
    The McGwire crew came up with the same number years ago. We also noticed many people thought their gold was bronze, and oftentimes the gold scans look bronze as well which makes them even harder to come by.
    Mark McGwire Collector
    Current mini set chases:
    1998 Tek Diffractors (need 41 patterns)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Blue (86)
    1998 Tek Pre-Production Gold (5,8,23,50,59,62,65,77)
    1999 Tek Gold /10 (7A pattern: 24), (7B patterns: 4, 28)
    2014 Tek (Black/White Auto Proof /1) and (any remaining unique buybacks)
    1999 Ultimate Victory Parallels (151, 152)
    1998 Donruss Crusade Purple Samples/Prototypes (two different, See examples here)
    View Collection: 5600+ unique cards
    View Full Statistics
    Need List

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! Thanks for showing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffv96masters View Post
    For my buddy [MENTION=4735]nosterbor[/MENTION] who is always complaining about no Juan Gones in my box breaks
    Here ya go-- from ones I did a while ago = a coupla refractors for ya
    ( also see the slab post I do for slabbed Juans I just got back from PSA)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone help me out? I thought the bankruptcy versions were consistent with those known to be released in the never was 1998 Pinnacle Certified. So, what in the heck are these? The numbering is consistent with the All-Star version (E24), but these are definitely not that.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    Very nice! Thanks for showing them.
    I said this exact thing to a neighbor girl once!
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenG76 View Post
    This one landed today. Not sure how many where made but I've only noticed two of them in my searching.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img390.jpg 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	81919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img391.jpg 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	81918
    Tough tough cards. I have one Ozzie still. I had 2 for a long time and sent the other off to another Ozzie collector friend over a decade ago. I've only seen one other offered for sale in all that time. There might be 100. There might be 50. I don't know. I just know they never show up.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    Anyone help me out? I thought the bankruptcy versions were consistent with those known to be released in the never was 1998 Pinnacle Certified. So, what in the heck are these? The numbering is consistent with the All-Star version (E24), but these are definitely not that.

Whoa. Major whoa. These Nomo Epix Season cards were never released and never on the original checklist - this is an incredible find and I've never seen a non-All-Star Epix Nomo.

In the main Epix set (Play, Game, Season, Moment - released in Pinnacle, Score, and Zenith packs), card #E24 was supposed to beEddie Murray
    In the All-Star Epix set (released in Score R/T and Pinnacle Plus packs), card #E24 was Nomo.

The All-Star Epix set was released in products that came out in late summer of '98 (i.e., after Pinnacle, Score, and Zenith) and they must have updated the checklist by replacing Murray with Nomo - the only difference between the main Epix set and the All-Star Epix set was the inclusion of Nomo/removal of Murray.

Thus, according to the official checklists, Nomo never should have had an Epix Play, Game, Season, or Moment. Given that his Epix Season do indeed exist, I imagine a Play, Game, and Moment Nomo also exists. These Nomo Epix cards were included in the Pinnacle Bankruptcy Find of October 2017 - the intrigue of the DLP bankruptcy continues to grow!

EDITED: edits in italics based on new information
    Last edited by tidel144; 08-02-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    Whoa. Major whoa. These Nomo Epix Season cards were never released and never on the original checklist - this is an incredible find and I've never seen a non-All-Star Epix Nomo.

In the main Epix set (Play, Game, Season, Moment - released in Pinnacle, Score, and Zenith packs), card #E24 was Eddie Murray
    In the All-Star Epix set (released in Score R/T and Pinnacle Plus packs), card #E24 was Nomo.

The All-Star Epix set was released in products that came out in late summer of '98 (i.e., after Pinnacle, Score, and Zenith) and they must have updated the checklist by replacing Murray with Nomo - the only difference between the main Epix set and the All-Star Epix set was the inclusion of Nomo/removal of Murray.

Thus, according to the official checklists, Nomo never should have had an Epix Play, Game, Season, or Moment. Given that his Epix Season do indeed exist, I imagine a Play, Game, and Moment Nomo also exists. These Nomo Epix cards were not even included in the Pinnacle Bankruptcy Find of October 2017 - the intrigue of the DLP bankruptcy continues to grow!

Soon we will all find out that they produced 5,000 sets of 1998 Select.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    Given that his Epix Season do indeed exist, I imagine a Play, Game, and Moment Nomo also exists. These Nomo Epix cards were not even included in the Pinnacle Bankruptcy Find of October 2017 - the intrigue of the DLP bankruptcy continues to grow!
    I've been thinking this through and I'd wager that ONLY a season version of Nomo exists. The Play, Game and Moment Eddie Murray were in regularly released packs. The Murray Season was slated for Pinnacle Certified - #E24. Based on the timeline of releases, the All-Star version of E24 was subbed from Murray to Nomo which would've lined up with the Certified release of E24 (Season). Unless we've seen a Murray Season among the bankruptcy releases, I'd say that Murray does not exist and Nomo was slated for Pinnacle Certified instead.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    I've been thinking this through and I'd wager that ONLY a season version of Nomo exists. The Play, Game and Moment Eddie Murray were in regularly released packs. The Murray Season was slated for Pinnacle Certified - #E24. Based on the timeline of releases, the All-Star version of E24 was subbed from Murray to Nomo which would've lined up with the Certified release of E24 (Season). Unless we've seen a Murray Season among the bankruptcy releases, I'd say that Murray does not exist and Nomo was slated for Pinnacle Certified instead.
    Killer find. Nomo mania guys and girls will pay big for those.