User Tag List

Page 1406 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 4069061306135613961402140314041405140614071408140914101416 ... LastLast
Results 21,076 to 21,090 of 21324

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think for a couple players (Glavine and maybe Klesko?) I actually have two of a couple versions. I still have your address...watch your mailbox early next week!

Krukcards also has a lot of non numbered Pacifics mixed in some 90s lots he has listed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a baseball card but all I can say is wow and I got to hold one of these at the nationals a few years ago.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3914.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	87002

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Xeo2099
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    I think for a couple players (Glavine and mayb Klesko?)

Did you say Glavine?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Non-numbered Pacific Prism parallels? You have my attention sir. If you have any Alomars and can part with them, please inform!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a few in today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, Nigeria! Banjar, what the holy hell are you doing in Nigeria!? Wow! Hope you get back to the US soon and safely.

So these came up for sale in player based lots in the way way back machine around 12 years ago, circa 2007. And the seller was *the-kurdelskis*, our resident Griffey collector. Pretty sure he broke a set. Sadly for all you hardcore player collectors, I picked up a handful of Braves players. I just looked and could find one each of Klesko for Holo Mirror & Holo Blue (99 Prism), and 2x Glavine Holo Mirror + 1 Holo Blue. May have some Smoltz and maybe some other stuff hanging around. Also randomly picked up a couple Holo Gold's non 'd - Sandy Alomar (sorry for the wrong brother) and Mike Mussina.

Looks like the Krukcards lot I spoke of finally sold. It was pretty picked through and didn't really have any interesting players left. A couple of 2000 & 2001 lots are still left. One is linked to below.

Also included a photo of my Glavines with some of his nicer, more presentable friends

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-19-2...g/362502600826

Name:	IMG_0977.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	87010

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, Im working in Nigeria for 6 months but I get a vacation halfway through, and that is now. So I'm in Namibia for a couple weeks. Namibia is f'in badass.

I am officially obsessed with pacific parallels. Love those things. One of the good things about this job is that I'll have a gigantic mail day waiting when I get home. Two pacific parallels so far, a platinum blue and a premier date I think. I also have the 96 mirror gold waiting too, but honestly I'm only slightly less excited for the Pacifics. As Beavis would say - "Boioioioing"!
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Xeo2099
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post

Also included a photo of my Glavines with some of his nicer, more presentable friends

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-19-2...g/362502600826

Name:	IMG_0977.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	87010
    Don't mind the puddle, that's just me drooling over those Glavines. (I really need to take some pics of my better Glavines and make a Glavine Collector's thread.)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

That guy selling the pack pulled Mirror Blue PSA 7 Jeter is foolish. I could have sworn they came with a protective coating on the cards and the reason there is a bubble on it. I am half way tempted to buy it break it out the case peal the coating and have it regraded.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris19978 View Post
    That guy selling the pack pulled Mirror Blue PSA 7 Jeter is foolish. I could have sworn they came with a protective coating on the cards and the reason there is a bubble on it. I am half way tempted to buy it break it out the case peal the coating and have it regraded.

I wish I still had my PSA 10 Mirror red and the Mirror Blue I got from you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhileman79 View Post
    I wish I still had my PSA 10 Mirror red and the Mirror Blue I got from you.

You were a trading a lot back then. There has definitely been a jump in the Mirror prices. I remember no one wanted to buy it at $1500 and now everyone would jump on it for that price. When I bought that one was years before for $200.00 off of Dave before he made his auction house. Probably one of my better buys were all 3 of the Mirror cards I owned.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris19978 View Post
    Yes, these all have a protective film that can be peeled off. With the coating on, the cards do have little bubbles and appear to have a dull finish. But when you peel the film off the cards really pop with a nice glossy finish (a little rippled like water but very bright).

Takes patience to peel the film off, but even after 22 years, it still comes off clean.

Collecting 96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
    Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

carrsallstars
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No view = no thrill

I can honestly say that I checked ebay for Manny Ramirez card listings on at least 99% of days for a solid 15 years...so this is new territory for me. I would occasionally miss a BIN that was listed too cheap, but even that was pretty rare. Over the past year or so I have set up searches designed to "catch" the 20 or so 90's cards on my needs list; cards I needed come up so rarely that it just wasn't worth it anymore to search through every single listing every day....

Looks like I missed a 1999 UD view to a thrill triple/100 that was listed in a lot with Biggio and Bernie triples (of course the triple was spelled "TRP" in the listing, thwarting that search!)

As well as a 1999 UD view to a thrill quadruple/10 that was bought and re-listed with a big BIN.

Anybody here catch either of these that I can offer on?
    Collecting (click for website/wantlist):.....Manny Ramirez.....1998 Bowman Chrome Master Set.....2009 Topps Tribute Black Master Set

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    Yes, these all have a protective film that can be peeled off. With the coating on, the cards do have little bubbles and appear to have a dull finish. But when you peel the film off the cards really pop with a nice glossy finish (a little rippled like water but very bright).

Takes patience to peel the film off, but even after 22 years, it still comes off clean.

Collecting 96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
    Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    I own a few 96 golds and intentionally sought out specimens with the peel still in tact. i'm sure the card would pop more without the peel but I just feel like the card deserve to be kept the way it was issued from the manufacturer.

maybe this should drive me to own two copies, peeled and unpeeled, for those cards...

anyways, this isn't mean to make a moral equivalency...i'm a big fan of to each his own!
    I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gradedeflator View Post
    I own a few 96 golds and intentionally sought out specimens with the peel still in tact. i'm sure the card would pop more without the peel but I just feel like the card deserve to be kept the way it was issued from the manufacturer.

maybe this should drive me to own two copies, peeled and unpeeled, for those cards...

anyways, this isn't mean to make a moral equivalency...i'm a big fan of to each his own!
    Not when it will cost you 30k per card I would be good with one.