User Tag List

Page 1416 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 416916131613661406141214131414141514161417141814191420 ... LastLast
Results 21,226 to 21,240 of 21329

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunahead View Post
    No way a Ripken collector pays over $10k for that card. Ripken collectors != Jeter collectors
    Thatís you opinion others said the same on that Griffey Bronze Promo I used to own then I got a $8k offer and took it and someone hear could have owned it for $1500 as that is what I paid an all I got were low offers of $750 to $1000 there are collectors out there that donít talk or show there collection who will offer more than you might believe itís worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris19978 View Post
    That’s you opinion others said the same on that Griffey Bronze Promo I used to own then I got a $8k offer and took it and someone hear could have owned it for $1500 as that is what I paid an all I got were low offers of $750 to $1000 there are collectors out there that don’t talk or show there collection who will offer more than you might believe it’s worth.

Again, you're trying to compare Ripken collectors to a whole different level of insanity. Rare Ripken cards usually sell for a fraction of what the same Jeter and Griffey card would sell for.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunahead View Post
    Again, you're trying to compare Ripken collectors to a whole different level of insanity. Rare Ripken cards usually sell for a fraction of what the same Jeter and Griffey card would sell for.
    Again best of luck but I doubt it will go for much less. Kind of hope he sends it to PWCC then we can see what it will really go for as I bet a lot of people you have never talked to will come and bid and seeing a Ripken Rookie Graded Auto sold for $3k I can see someone going triple that for a 1 of 1 Ripken card you might never see again. No one will ever get every card made and that means if your not willing to pay the price asking then that card is more than likely never going to be owned by you. I used the Griffey cards as an example thatís all as I was not looking to make a profit but help another collector and no one here was willing to pay me what I paid. Next I made over 5 times for what I paid. Believe me when I say not every serious Collector is known as some like to keep there collection private.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again best of luck but I doubt it will go for much less. Kind of hope he sends it to PWCC then we can see what it will really go for as I bet a lot of people you have never talked to will come and bid and seeing a Ripken Rookie Graded Auto sold for $3k I can see someone going triple that for a 1 of 1 Ripken card you might never see again. No one will ever get every card made and that means if your not willing to pay the price asking then that card is more than likely never going to be owned by you. I used the Griffey cards as an example that’s all as I was not looking to make a profit but help another collector and no one here was willing to pay me what I paid. Next I made over 5 times for what I paid. Believe me when I say not every serious Collector is known as some like to keep there collection private.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That a crazy E-X grade would think those are hard to grade a PSA 10

Yea they are tough, itís a pop 2

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I bought the Mirror Gold version but this one seems like a good deal as well not sure if anyone needs it but a PSA 10 Mirror Blue Bernie Williams for $150 sounds like a good deal as well

Attachment 89293Attachment 89294

Bernie gold has been a $350-500 card but a few hit the market a while back and dropped value.

Blue is high but some collectors are stalking these. With only 45 copies they are a tough set

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George I sent u a DM.
    I believe I did it correct.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Griffey PSAs are amazing.
    Scanned cards: https://goo.gl/9QaZll Updated 2/17/2019

2011 Topps Heritage Red/Blue/Green Tints - 86.9% Complete
    2010 Topps Allen & Ginter NNO - 89/350 | 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Bazooka Back - 67/350

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Bernie gold has been a $350-500 card but a few hit the market a while back and dropped value.

Blue is high but some collectors are stalking these. With only 45 copies they are a tough set
    I donít mind hold on to it the fact the peel is still on and looks mint my just get it graded. I am sure that card wasnít going to be up long for $144.95.

jonebone7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol @ thinking a Ripken Mirror Black would go anywhere near $10k, then referencing PWCC prices like they are the normal going price. If PWCC prices were normal then a lot of us would have 6 or 7 figure collections by those measures.

It's a cool card but his last Select Certified Mirror Golds went around $2.5k and were BGS 9.5 I believe? You can cite comparables across many of his inserts and I think you'd be lucky to get anymore than $2-$2.5k for that, and even then it would be a very hard sell IMO. That number I'm quoting is ultra high end, real price would probably be even less.
    WTB Cal Ripken cards from Cal's playing years!

Looking for PSA 10 Base Cards and Rare 90's inserts!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    lol @ thinking a Ripken Mirror Black would go anywhere near $10k, then referencing PWCC prices like they are the normal going price. If PWCC prices were normal then a lot of us would have 6 or 7 figure collections by those measures.

It's a cool card but his last Select Certified Mirror Golds went around $2.5k and were BGS 9.5 I believe? You can cite comparables across many of his inserts and I think you'd be lucky to get anymore than $2-$2.5k for that, and even then it would be a very hard sell IMO. That number I'm quoting is ultra high end, real price would probably be even less.
    Well I donít see anyone else owning it. I donít remember A Cal Ripken Mirror Gold selling recently. But other cards that are not as rare have on eBay completed auctions for $3k either way best of luck getting it to all the Ripken collectors.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post

I stand corrected 2 did sell recently in November for almost $2000.00 BGS 9.5 and $2600.00 for a BGS 10. There is still the point of 30 copies to one copy. I would think that would add to the value as it is one of those cards that you are the sole owner. I also believe timing has an impact on sales November people are spending money for the holidays and might not spend as much. If this card sold after taxes you might get double. Another factor is when was the last sale if it was 6 months before not as much hype around it as itís been seen recently. Where if itís been a few years bigger build up. The Mirror Black have a rarity to them much more than the Mirror Gold and my understanding seeing it in person look gorgeous. Either way talked to the owner and my understanding is if he doesnít get the right price he will keep it. You can say what you think itís worth but you will still have to pay the person who owns it what they believe itís worth if you want it and itís 1/1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4349.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	89447

Name:	IMG_4350.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	185.9 KB 
ID:	89448

rp7001
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1997 New Pinnacle Magenta Printing Plate Paul O'Neill

Still in disbelief I was able to land one of these after all these years. One of the first products with printing plates, it features the Pinnacle CEO signature on the back which is a nice touch.

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Paulie Ravi.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the odds 2 cards both graded BGS 9 will sell by 2 different people with a 0 feedback from China and be legit on a 1993 SP Jeter rookie.almost the same time. My thoughts 1 seller 2 accounts and the Buyer will not get the card in the picture.

Name:	IMG_4361.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	89474