Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
ThoseBackPages said:
anyone rip any '98 Pinnacle Regular issue? If so, how were the base cards condition out of the packs?

Fresh and minty, as far as I can remember. I think I got lucky, as I've opened other Score/Pinnacle product from that era and found the cards cemented together in the pack.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
DeliciousBacon said:
ThoseBackPages said:
anyone rip any '98 Pinnacle Regular issue? If so, how were the base cards condition out of the packs?

Fresh and minty, as far as I can remember. I think I got lucky, as I've opened other Score/Pinnacle product from that era and found the cards cemented together in the pack.
Same here...

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
PadresFan86 said:
That's amazing. I only have 3 diffractors.

mansgame said:
onionring9 said:
Sweeeet!

Just landed my 40th McGwire diffractor

50 to go!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290653440581?ss ... 1497.l2649
Congrats! Huge pull.... I'm only at 3 Belle's... I'm in much better shape with the '99 Golds, with 11 lol :benson:

Thanks guys! When I originally started collecting these my goal was to search forever and only expect to own a maximum of 3. And knowing what I know now, 3 is more than most player collectors will ever find so congrats to you both!

But I am really hoping to close out the '99 tek golds soon. I got up to 32/40 and have been stuck there for over 6 months. Seems that new ones pop up every month but never ones I need.

Heck though, tek has been my favorite search set ever, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have tek cards to look for anymore :)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
onionring9 said:
PadresFan86 said:
That's amazing. I only have 3 diffractors.

mansgame said:
onionring9 said:
Sweeeet!

Just landed my 40th McGwire diffractor

50 to go!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290653440581?ss ... 1497.l2649
Congrats! Huge pull.... I'm only at 3 Belle's... I'm in much better shape with the '99 Golds, with 11 lol :benson:

Thanks guys! When I originally started collecting these my goal was to search forever and only expect to own a maximum of 3. And knowing what I know now, 3 is more than most player collectors will ever find so congrats to you both!

But I am really hoping to close out the '99 tek golds soon. I got up to 32/40 and have been stuck there for over 6 months. Seems that new ones pop up every month but never ones I need.

Heck though, tek has been my favorite search set ever, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have tek cards to look for anymore :)
So funny because I was getting to the point where finding Belle's I needed was slowing down, right around the 80% mark and then I decided to go after the tek patterns, both '98 and '99. I've got a ways to go but I wish now that I would have got in sooner and not been hard headed to the idea of collecting the patterns. I will admit it is exciting to try and get them all but it is SOOO frusterating when a gold or something pops up in a patter I already have lol.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I have a funny story I have to tell you hopefully when it gets all worked out... don't want to get ahead of myself.'
In the meantime, here are some new Gwynns in today:
I know it's not as rare as the Studio silver, but Geez, this 1996 Leaf silver has been tough to find (reasonably)
jans2.jpg

Finally got the triple to finish this set (shown w/ the Quadruple)
jans4.jpg
DSCN9060.jpg

The triple above came in a lot with this 1999 Bowman Chrome International Ref #'d/100 which I needed:
jans.jpg

as well as this, which I already had, but check out the hand numbering :eek: :
jans3.jpg

and member Bear0555 worked out a deal for me to get this (THANKS ANTHONY!):
jans5.jpg

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
clarkfan said:
cbrandtw said:
Why is it when I do a search of completed auctions "1998 Super Rave" the Gonzo doesn't show up for me?

It's there. Just type in Super Rave Gonzalez and that will be good enough to pull it up or just use the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Circa-...0403392334?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5891cf1f4e

Something screwy is going on for me. 1998 Super Rave, Super Rave Gonzalez, 1998 Gonzalez. Nothing works for me on a completed item search when looking for this card. Of course, I see it by clicking the link above but it doesn't show in my completed item search. Weird!

Someone do a completed item search for 1998 Super Rave and tell me how items show. I only get three.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
cbrandtw said:
clarkfan said:
cbrandtw said:
Why is it when I do a search of completed auctions "1998 Super Rave" the Gonzo doesn't show up for me?

It's there. Just type in Super Rave Gonzalez and that will be good enough to pull it up or just use the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Circa-...0403392334?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5891cf1f4e

Something screwy is going on for me. 1998 Super Rave, Super Rave Gonzalez, 1998 Gonzalez. Nothing works for me on a completed item search when looking for this card. Of course, I see it by clicking the link above but it doesn't show in my completed item search. Weird!

Someone do a completed item search for 1998 Super Rave and tell me how items show. I only get three.

I get 10, including the Gonzo...
You may have the search looking for "Singles" in which case I only get three w/ no Gonzo...

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
cbrandtw said:
clarkfan said:
cbrandtw said:

I get 14 including a few football, and the Gonzo

Members online

Latest posts