Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Anybody have any 1996 Midsummer Match up Members only cards? I have been having a heck of time finding a Puckett for my collection. Its the only members only card I have left.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
PadresFan86 said:
Cobra29svt said:
th_98Crusade98CAMINITIGreenXXX-250.jpg
th_98Crusade98CAMINITIPurpleXXX-100.jpg
th_98Crusade98CAMINITIRedXX-25.jpg
Are those yours?

Yes. I thought I also had the regular red, but I guess not since I didn't find a scan of it.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
jszczech said:
Anybody have any 1996 Midsummer Match up Members only cards? I have been having a heck of time finding a Puckett for my collection. Its the only members only card I have left.

I know you were hoping for a non-Gwynn collector to reply... :D
sampler1.jpg
sampler2.jpg

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I love the Gwynn cards. I just bought some cool Gwynn stuff. I'll throw up a scan of them in the Tony Gwynn collector's thread when they get here.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Gwynn545 said:
Finished 1994. I think I will open this:
sampler.jpg
sampler3.jpg

Glad it arrived safe and I was able to finish off an entire year for ya. I don't have very many complete "years" knocked off (maybe not any).

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
clarkfan said:
Gwynn545 said:
sampler.jpg
sampler3.jpg

Glad it arrived safe and I was able to finish off an entire year for ya. I don't have very many complete "years" knocked off (maybe not any).
Thanks again for the Superstar Sampler! I am always leary of saying I finished a year, because one of these amazing player collectors on FCB is going to post a card, "...but do you have this?..."
and I wont! :lol:

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Gwynn545 said:
clarkfan said:
Gwynn545 said:
sampler.jpg
sampler3.jpg

Thanks again for the Superstar Sampler! I am always leary of saying I finished a year, because one of these amazing player collectors on FCB is going to post a card, "...but do you have this?..."

:lol: Ain't that the truth. Congrats on 1994.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Gwynn545 said:
jszczech said:

I know you were hoping for a non-Gwynn collector to reply... :D
sampler1.jpg
sampler2.jpg

Yeah it would be better if it were available but its just nice to see the card. If you ever come across another one feel free to contact me.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Cobra29svt said:
predatorkj said:
Is That the gold domed holographic? Yikes!

Yes, that's the gold-domed. Ever seen one in-hand? They are beastly, but kind of a PITA to store. One of my favorite sets!

It is! I had never owned one or seen one in person before I got it. They are nice cards, I think they're easier to store than the base Stars & Steels (I've had a few base S&S get scratched up, and scratch other cards). At least I'm getting closer to owning one example of each 90's inserts.

Gwynn545 said:

There's always going to be some newly-discovered variation that will pop up, or some ultra-obscure regional set that will come crawling out of the woodwork. I've tried hard to discover news ones in my collection, and have found a few that I've mentioned here (1998 Score Showcase numbering variation, and the 2005 Donruss Champions Impressions Materials no foil). Wouldn't be surprised if something else like those 1990 UD Buybacks shows up and messes everyone up! :lol:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
ThoseBackPages said:
DeliciousBacon said:
Did I just pick up a Certified Blue Maddux PP for 25¢?

bf2d2605-aa06-4365-9235-7efde1c32cff.jpg

should say so on the back

Not a Mirror Blue, just a regular Blue. It looks like a nice blue tint to the background, but I don't own any Blue PPs or have a picture to compare it to. Hoping someone familiar with them can verify that I got a nice steal.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Fandruw25 said:
These two are nice to cross off the list :D :D

$(KGrHqVHJ!0E8+klowoCBPT!PSN3wg~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!o!E8VjvRVdbBPV!M8f6cQ~~60_12.JPG

Ebay scans for now, will update later.
Are these on your player checklist?! I don't see Belle having one on his checklist but one of these just spiked on eBay. Not like it really matters but just curious if this is on a lot of your player checklists.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
mansgame said:
Fandruw25 said:
These two are nice to cross off the list :D :D
Ebay scans for now, will update later.
Are these on your player checklist?! I don't see Belle having one on his checklist but one of these just spiked on eBay. Not like it really matters but just curious if this is on a lot of your player checklists.

They are not on Beckett's list now but they have been on mine for awhile. I have an old list that I printed out back in 2002 of all the Andruw's Beckett had catalogued and this was actually on it so I left it there.

Members online

Latest posts