Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Russ S. said:
magicpapa said:
Cobra29svt said:
Fandruw25 said:
descott77 said:
Anyone know if the 5x7 golds also have some that are not serial numbered /100? Like a backdoor issue similar to the Z-gold?

I've never seen one come out of the 40+/- boxes I've opened, or online anywhere.
yes they are numbered /100 on back
Did snag the Silver Impulse this morning for $5 DLVD. ;)
Didn't even see the Gold last week. Sold for $30. :(
i got the Juan silver. my 2nd. still need the gold.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
tonsofcommons said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
BoyWonder089 said:
Thought this seemed like the correct thread for this question...im looking to open a box of something 90's for less than $100. Any suggestions for something fun!?

1998 Donruss Collections:
[ebay:3vaqf64q]220508874784[/ebay:3vaqf64q]

I loved this stuff!!!!

I opened a box when they first came out and hit the Gwynn Leaf Preferred Prized collection (SPd to 55 supposedly).

Sorry Gwynn, traded it a long time ago. :^)

Thank goodness! You already have enough stuff I need!! :lol:

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
HAHA. I know, right!

gwynn5453l4u said:
tonsofcommons said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
BoyWonder089 said:
Thought this seemed like the correct thread for this question...im looking to open a box of something 90's for less than $100. Any suggestions for something fun!?

1998 Donruss Collections:
[ebay:hzgzca8o]220508874784[/ebay:hzgzca8o]

I loved this stuff!!!!

I opened a box when they first came out and hit the Gwynn Leaf Preferred Prized collection (SPd to 55 supposedly).

Sorry Gwynn, traded it a long time ago. :^)

Thank goodness! You already have enough stuff I need!! :lol:

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I've got a Bernie Williams and Chuck Knoblauch Gold Impulse somewhere.

I've also got a Z-Gold of Mariano Rivera. I'll try and get scans up at some point.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
heavy_hitter said:

I've also got a Z-Gold of Mariano Rivera. I'll try and get scans up at some point.
1998 Zenith Z-Gold
juan_picture.jpgjuan_picture.jpg

1998 Zenith Z-Gold Non-Serial Numbered ( or what some would call a FAKE because it was not pack pulled, I DON'T CARE! )

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
nosterbor said:
heavy_hitter said:

1998 Zenith Z-Gold

1998 Zenith Z-Gold Non-Serial Numbered ( or what some would call a FAKE because it was not pack pulled, I DON'T CARE! )

If you were to send the non-serialized Z-Gold into a grading company, how would they label it? Would they grade it or just describe it as "authentic" but without a serial number?

Just curious. I'm sure you guys have dealt with this at some point.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
heavy_hitter said:
nosterbor said:
[quote="heavy_hitter":1m8myi53]I've got a Bernie Williams and Chuck Knoblauch Gold Impulse somewhere.

1998 Zenith Z-Gold

If you were to send the non-serialized Z-Gold into a grading company, how would they label it? Would they grade it or just describe it as "authentic" but without a serial number?

Just curious. I'm sure you guys have dealt with this at some point.[/quote:1m8myi53]
good question! i have never tried it.
here is a good one. how in the hell did PSA miss this one?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
tonsofcommons said:
Maybe nosterbor could request the Label "IT'S NOT FAKE, DAMN IT!"
I l
icon_lol.gif
ike that!!!!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I have an entire box of the Dare To Tear cards. I opened the box a long while back but never tore all the cards open to find out whats inside them. I don't figure its worth it considering what I would probably pull. I just went through the box again and I do have a Juan Gonzalez and Bernie Williams Silver Impulse though. No Gold Impulses. I wish the guy I got it from had more. In fact I think at one point he did and while I was busting it I wasn't overly swayed at the time to get more so I left the rest there. Now they are most likely long gone. I think I paid like $10 for the box unopened.

If he had anymore, would it be worth going back and snagging...?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
And in my opinion, I would open all of them but the silver impulses.

Within those are inserts and these beautiful silver/gold impulses.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
tonsofcommons said:
And in my opinion, I would open all of them but the silver impulses.

Within those are inserts and these beautiful silver/gold impulses.

Was never worth it IMO. If I can find more, I might be inclined to try it. I hate the idea of destroying 1 card just to get to another.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
magicpapa said:
Cobra29svt said:
Fandruw25 said:
descott77 said:
Anyone know if the 5x7 golds also have some that are not serial numbered /100? Like a backdoor issue similar to the Z-gold?

I've never seen one come out of the 40+/- boxes I've opened, or online anywhere.
yes they are numbered /100 on back

Correct, he's asking if there have been any seen that were missing the serial number.

Latest posts