Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
1997PG_Larkin.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
nice card. I have the 97 Piazza but am looking for the 98 Test Issue (as well as the 98 Test Issue Pedro Martinez).

if anyone out there has them (even if not available), I would love to see a scan!!!

thanks in advance

Those cards are tough to find. I have the 1998 Test Issue version (of Larkin), but still need the 1997:
98PinnacleTotallyCertifiedPlatinumGoldTestIssue8.jpg

98PinnacleTotallyCertifiedPlatinumGoldTestIssue8Back.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Nice Pedro Mirror Red! Here's my test issue Mirror Gold. I wish I could find the mirror red test and the base card as well. Base card got scooped up at a BIN before I could nab it. Only one I've run across.
98PinCertMirrorGold.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
It is my understanding that these cards were produced and ready to go before Pinnacle went bankrupt. So not so much a test issue but more of a regular card that never made it into packs but out the backdoor instead.

Last edited:

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Hmm, okay.

Definitely believe you George. I think I had read something about only the 10, but in Beckett's pop report they show they have graded #63 Fred McGriff, so I think I thought others might have made it out on to the market.

here's a link to the "1998 pinnacle totally certified platinum gold test issue" pop report on their website (assuming it is accurate):

http://www.beckett.com/grading/set_match/6097641

There are the only 10 cards available in the 1998 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Gold set. They were not test issues; these were to be the cards release.
http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=33931

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Hmm, okay.

Definitely believe you George. I think I had read something about only the 10, but in Beckett's pop report they show they have graded #63 Fred McGriff, so I think I thought others might have made it out on to the market.

here's a link to the "1998 pinnacle totally certified platinum gold test issue" pop report on their website (assuming it is accurate):

http://www.beckett.com/grading/set_match/6097641

I would assume that to be the Mirror Gold Test and not the Totally Certified Platinum Gold.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
So AndruwHRJones posted his Totally Cert Platinum Gold a few posts up which links to the beckett pop report for that set--so unless they categorized the McGriff wrong (which is entirely possible), my default assumption, without knowing better, is that card #63 exists in the Totally Certified Platinum Gold set.

Either way--if there are no Piazza or Pedro's in the 98 Totally Certified Platinum Gold set, at least I can cross those off my list!

I would assume that to be the Mirror Gold Test and not the Totally Certified Platinum Gold.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Fun mailday after vacation. Here are the first two:

1998 Leaf Gold Leaf Stars Diamond Axis Andruw Jones /50
AndruwJonesDiamondAxis.jpg

Bought this one a couple months ago for $11 (?) at auction only to find major production damage common with these Prisms. Got my $$ back figuring I'd find one again someday in better condition and didn't have to wait long. $8 dlvd.

1999 Pacific Prisms Red (2:25) Ken Griffey Jr
GriffeyPrismRed.jpg

Members online

Latest posts