Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
AUTaxMan said:
BunchOBull said:

Man I want that card. Only the second one I've ever seen.

If I ever move it, I'll let you know. I have a small Maddux collection myself, as he and Chipper were my favorite Braves when I was a kid. My centerpiece is my 1998 Elite Back to the Future Autograph of Nolan Ryan and Maddux.

I do have a Maddux executive promo I may be selling soon. It's a 1997 Studio Master Strokes Jumbo Exec Promo XXXX/5000. Though I don't know if you collect the factory oddballs like that.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
These redeemed cards are cool. I think I was directed to this one by none other than the one and only magicpapa. Thanks again, Papa.

pinn.jpg

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
gwynn5453l4u said:
chief7575 said:
olerud363 said:
gwynn5453l4u said:

Just wondering what the background info is on this card. Insert? Parallel? I don't think I've seen one like this before, and of course I'm wondering if there's an Olerud out there somewhere.

Thanks!

- Rod

That's the redeemed gold rush send in. Pinnacle stamped/hole punched the gold rush cards that were redeemable for a platinum set. I have a couple in my hockey collections, but have not run across any in baseball yet. The ones I'm showing were golden blades winners for their hockey contest at the time - which led to the Dealers Choice Artists Proof. The one right below matches the Gwynn as it was redeemed for the platinum set.

9495ScoreGRwinner.jpg

That's what I know, as well, although I had never seen one until a few years ago, (any player), and I had personally redeemed 8 teams back in 1996 when they came out and I never got redeemed (punched) cards back in return. I only got the platinum sets.

Thanks for pointing this out as I have a Frank Thomas with the punched out symbol. Never knew what it was, as I must have gotten it as part of a lot as I never bought it specifically. How much do these go for at auction, and how rare are they?

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
heavy_hitter said:
My latest pickups:

1998 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Fusion Atomic Refractor/25 of Jeff Bagwell/Paul Konerko

98_bagwell_20of25.png 98_konerko_20of25.png

Did you get the seller to end this auction early, as I was hopefull to win this one, as I collect Konerko.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
randyherth said:
Thanks for pointing this out as I have a Frank Thomas with the punched out symbol. Never knew what it was, as I must have gotten it as part of a lot as I never bought it specifically. How much do these go for at auction, and how rare are they?

I am pretty much basing it on what I hear over at Blowout Cards that there is only one of these, and is the Holy Grail of Gwynn Cards, and I am going to sell it for $6500 for now, but give the guy $4500 back if another ever shows up.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
gwynn5453l4u said:
randyherth said:

I am pretty much basing it on what I hear over at Blowout Cards that there is only one of these, and is the Holy Grail of Gwynn Cards, and I am going to sell it for $6500 for now, but give the guy $4500 back if another ever shows up.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That 28th Thank was from me.

Thanks for the chuckle!

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
gwynn5453l4u said:
randyherth said:

hahahaha :lol:

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Nice uncut refractor. I missed it the last time one surfaced so I was glad to finally knock it off the list

$(KGrHqZ,!hQE2fKuI4(jBNo2oJ7()Q~~_12.jpg

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Cobra29svt said:
BunchOBull said:
Fandruw25 said:
Nice uncut refractor. I missed it the last time one surfaced so I was glad to finally knock it off the list

I grabbed the Thomas too. Cheapest I've seen one go.

First time I haven't bid on 'em when they were listed. Finished the set! ;)

Have you seen the base uncut, I haven't seen the Andruw base uncut yet.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Russ S. said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
That's what I know, as well, although I had never seen one until a few years ago, (any player), and I had personally redeemed 8 teams back in 1996 when they came out and I never got redeemed (punched) cards back in return. I only got the platinum sets.
Got my Ripken about a year and a half ago.

1995ScoreGoldRushRedeemedPunchedCar.jpg

And this arrived from your very own Dave Campos.
Thanks Dave!!

I didn't want to feel left out of the Vending party.
Picture1-3.jpg

So are these '96 or '97 Collector's Choice?

Stats only go to '95, so typically, it would be a '96 card. But the fine print at the bottom says 1997 Upper Deck.

Its the same design as 1996 so that's what I have mine pegged as. I had to make a note since it wasn't on my checklist to mark off.

Members online

Latest posts