Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Every once in a while I'll go through a stretch where I get confused between Platinum Team and Premier Club. A couple of months ago I suffered this amnesia and scooped up three Jeter Platinum Teams thinking I was getting Premier Clubs. Now I'm just trying to make my money back :mrgreen:

OK - Forgive me for being uneducated on this topic, but I don't think I know about these. Can someone give me some background - Did they make these for all teams? Maybe I don't know about them because they didn't make them for the Reds.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
OK - Forgive me for being uneducated on this topic, but I don't think I know about these. Can someone give me some background - Did they make these for all teams? Maybe I don't know about them because they didn't make them for the Reds.

10 teams: Braves, Dodgers, Indians, Mariners, Orioles, Rangers, Red Sox, Rockies, White Sox and Yankees

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Can you (or anyone) tell me how the spot the inverted from the standard atomic refs? Do they state the term "inverted" anywhere?

- jkeys

The player photos are actually inverted. So the big photo becomes the little photo, and the little photo becomes the big photo. This is one of those instances where COMC is very helpful as a resource. Just do a search for 1997 Bowman's Best McGwire Helton and you can see the diff.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The inverted cards have the veteran in the small window and the prospect is the larger picture.

regular versus inverted

1997BowmansBestMirrorImageAtmRef.jpg
1997BowmansBestMirrorImageInvAtmRef.jpg

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
:D:D:D Love that set!!

If you open it though, be careful pulling the cards apart... they like to stick

This set is completely loose in the pack; the other two I purchased with it had zero surface gloss loss from sticking; one had bad corners though. This one was the cleanest so I kept it sealed; can't see any corner issues.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Knocked 3 more rare 90's insert needs off my list tonight from a seller who has been piecing out his Larkin collection over the past few weeks:

2000 Topps Gold Label Class 3 Die-Cut /100
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320959446446?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

2000 Topps Gold Label Class 2 Die-Cut /100
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320957280107?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

1997 Topps Gallery Proofs /125
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320957283574?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Nice steal! I still need a Thomas, only have a Jeter and Ripken.

Have two Madduxes. I'll probably flip that one. I think my other came from you. Definitely someone on this board. Also picked up the Jerry Rice for $3.50. Have the Barry Sanders and Kordell Stewart from the football set. Somebody listed a bunch of the hockey ones on ebay the other day.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
The guy who sold the 1998 Totally Certified Platinum Gold 30/30 complete set is going to be listing singles from his partial 1/30 set. He knows what they are worth now though. Just a heads up in case anyone is looking for their player. I know he has the Jeter.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
yeah I just saw a few of the listed. you going to grab the larkin?

I'm definitely going to make an offer on it if someone doesn't snag it at the Buy It Now price. I do already have one, so I don't want to spend $100 on it. Would be cool to get #1/30 though. If it was the 1997 version I would probably hit the BIN because I still need that one

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I'm definitely going to make an offer on it if someone doesn't snag it at the Buy It Now price. I do already have one, so I don't want to spend $100 on it. Would be cool to get #1/30 though. If it was the 1997 version I would probably hit the BIN because I still need that one

If it were a 1997 $100 would be a STEAL. Only 1 has hit ebay in a decade and it sold raw at auction for $300+.

Members online

No members online now.