Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
ato-1.jpg

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm sure this question has probably been asked (more than once) but I don't feel like wading through 400+ pages in this thread and the previous threads.

Is there a consensus best product or products to bust for 90's wax? I'm just curious because I saw a group buy for Topps Tek and it made me wonder.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm sure this question has probably been asked (more than once) but I don't feel like wading through 400+ pages in this thread and the previous threads.

Is there a consensus best product or products to bust for 90's wax? I'm just curious because I saw a group buy for Topps Tek and it made me wonder.

Tek is a good one.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Of course it really has to do with price... plus you have to be patient to get a good price and to wait for stuff to come available. But overall it is really tough to come out "ahead." Part of the reason for you busting has to be that you enjoy it and/or you enjoy the nostalgia of it because box prices don't match the devaluation in singles. In some products, some of their toughest pulls are virtually worthless, and there's not even the possibility of hitting a card with a market value of $50 or more.

I think 1998 Tek is the best, but you have to get it at the right price, of course. $160 is way too much, in my opinion. You're guaranteed three hits per box (Diffractors), with a chance of four. That's a lot better than other boxes can offer. And even the base has some value. That's why it's also good for a group box break.

I also think the 1997 Score Regional Issue boxes are good busts at the right price. You have to pick a team full of stars like the Braves or Mariners. You get one Premier Club, you get about five Platinum Teams, and you end up getting to make a handful of team sets to resell or share with friends... all from one box.

I guess my question for you would be... what do you want to get out of it? Do you like the gamble or the nostalgia? Would the hits be for resale or for your pc? Are there any sets you're working on that the break could assist you with?

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm not personally looking to bust any wax. I don't have any money for that sort of thing. I was just curious. I didn't pay attention to the card market in the late 90's as I got out of collecting in the mid 90's and didn't get back in until 2005. So my knowledge of late 90's and early 2000's products is very minimal at best.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
no doubt by the title the person is thinking they bid on a numbered /48 insert.. not the numbered mini card. Their stupidity no doubt but that seller will probably end up having to refund.

Ah good point, I can definitely see someone thinking the /48 was the serial #

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
IMG-20120822-00370.jpg

14 Green (1 BGS 8, 1 8.5, 2 9's, 5 9.5s, 2 PSA 10's)
13 Purple (1 BGS 8.5, 7 9's, 1 9.5, 1 PSA 9)
1 Red BGS 9
3 Promo's (1 of each color)

Members online

Latest posts