Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Here is my Clark 6-pack. Took about 13 years to complete.

l.jpg

and a Sandberg

l.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I have about 10 or 15 "good ones", including Sandberg. (Murray, Arod, Chipper, Larkin. McGwire, Griffey checklist). I originally planned on working towards the set, but it's taken a hiatus and Eric is going for the set currently. I sold him a few of my commons, but other than that, I'm not selling or buying really, unless they go to cheap. I've listed a few of my extras on ebay though, no extra Sandberg. Sorry.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
You guys! LOL Over the course of the past year I've opened about four boxes worth of 1997 Score Hobby Reserve. During the recent COMC processing special I went through the base and was able to pull out a non-HR-prefix and an HR-prefix for almost every card in the set. Unfortunately, I did not notice if all the HR-prefix came from one box or if they were dispersed throughout. Look on COMC and you can see there are four Chippers, four Vlads, four Ripkens, etc all with HR-prefix and from different sellers. I admit that it looks like they are less plentiful than the non-HR-prefix versions, but still...

That Ryno is a beauty! Great centering!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
You guys! LOL Over the course of the past year I've opened about four boxes worth of 1997 Score Hobby Reserve. During the recent COMC processing special I went through the base and was able to pull out a non-HR-prefix and an HR-prefix for almost every card in the set. Unfortunately, I did not notice if all the HR-prefix came from one box or if they were dispersed throughout. Look on COMC and you can see there are four Chippers, four Vlads, four Ripkens, etc all with HR-prefix and from different sellers. I admit that it looks like they are less plentiful than the non-HR-prefix versions, but still...

That Ryno is a beauty! Great centering!

I thought the HR-prefix were the parallel versions of the non-HRs, inserted in the Hobby Reserve boxes? I have vague memories of this being the case, but then again, it has been 15 years since I've touched a box of 1997 Score. COMC's erroneous listings of these may have pulled more out of the woodwork, from sellers expecting to really cash in on these.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I thought the HR-prefix were the parallel versions of the non-HRs, inserted in the Hobby Reserve boxes? I have vague memories of this being the case, but then again, it has been 15 years since I've touched a box of 1997 Score. COMC's erroneous listings of these may have pulled more out of the woodwork, from sellers expecting to really cash in on these.

This was my understanding as well. I know I had a hell of a time finding an HR prefix of Larkin. I have over 40 non-HR's and only 1 HR prefix that took me forever to find. I actually found the reserve collection before I found one of those.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
No, they are not parallels. They are merely unintentional variations. Only Reserve Collections were to have the HR-prefix. Why they did not get an RC-prefix is a mystery to me. Score was just so crazy that year.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
No, they are not parallels. They are merely unintentional variations. Only Reserve Collections were to have the HR-prefix. Why they did not get an RC-prefix is a mystery to me. Score was just so crazy that year.

Agreed - that had to be one of the most screwed up sets ever released. It took me forever just to figure out what all versions actually existed.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Justed picked up a card that I didn't even know existed for Larkin. I know I have heard these mentioned before as one of the hardest promos to find. I had never seen a Larkin, so I assumed he didn't have one. Any insight on these 1993 Cooperstown Promos from you promo experts? Did I do OK on price? It wasn't cheap, but I didn't want to lose it and completed sales seemed to justify the price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120993899286?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This entire score conversation is giving me a headache. I need to figure out what I have vs need LOL... I think I'm only missing a few premium stocks, a hobby reserve and the reserve collection versions... O and the Indians Score Platinum (yes, I have the Indians Score and Indians Score Premier)... damn this set makes me ::facepalm::

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Also, anyone have an example of what the 1997 Premier Concepts are? Albert Belle I guess is #9 but I have no clue what this card looks like or what it is.

Dec 10, 2008
Justed picked up a card that I didn't even know existed for Larkin. I know I have heard these mentioned before as one of the hardest promos to find. I had never seen a Larkin, so I assumed he didn't have one. Any insight on these 1993 Cooperstown Promos from you promo experts? Did I do OK on price? It wasn't cheap, but I didn't want to lose it and completed sales seemed to justify the price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120993899286?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Beast of a pickup, congrats. I don't know too much about them other than they are super rare. I still need the McGwire; I only know of 2 out there. I imagine the whole set was made in promo version, it's just they are so hard to find many haven't seen their player.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Beast of a pickup, congrats. I don't know too much about them other than they are super rare. I still need the McGwire; I only know of 2 out there. I imagine the whole set was made in promo version, it's just they are so hard to find many haven't seen their player.

Just the fact that you still need the McGwire makes me feel better about the money I spent :) You're collection is incredible, so it must be rare if you still need it. The seller said he found it in a stack of Larkin cards in a huge collection he bought.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida

I think you got a very good deal on that one. They are very rare. Got mine 2 years ago and paid a hefty some for it. Great pick-up.
juan_picture.php

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Cool - I am definitely glad I went after it then. I didn't knwo much about them other than I had never seen one of Larkin before. Do you know what the story is with these, where they originally came from?

I think you got a very good deal on that one. They are very rare. Got mine 2 years ago and paid a hefty some for it. Great pick-up.
juan_picture.php

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009

Great pick up. I've been working on that set for about 5 years and only have 9 of the 30. I'd never seen a Larkin until your link. I just bought the Murphy and already had 2 offers to buy it from me. It's one of my favorite promo sets. I would have paid $150 for the Larkin, so I think you did very well. There are a few from the set I've never seen and Larkin was one of them. AWESOME FIND!

Members online