Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
These were actually only available in the All-Star Fanfest packs (which the baseballcardpedia states was only available at All-Star fan fest but I know I saw these packs at Toys R Us and K-Mart). I bought a few boxes from sportscardswholesale.com in 2001 -- before they got really sketchy -- and pulled 1 white border per box. There was a time in the late 90's-early 2000's when these were selling for huge amounts but then a bunch of these showed up in 2003-2004. I picked up 5-100 count lots from tradingcardsource.com back then that I assumed were just commons (they were just listed as 100 count lot) but I was pleasantly surprised when they showed up and I pulled pretty much everybody that was good (and everybody that was bad too :) ) + I think there was an extra 15-20 cards per lot. I paid maybe $30 per lot. At the same time I bought those I also picked up a couple sets of the 1996 Leaf Preferred Silver Promos for around $50/set. I think the site was in the process of liquidating everything (I think they shut down in '05). I made a lot of money on that transaction.

I remember picking up a complete set of these for $100 back in 2002. Made a killing selling the singles and kept the Baerga for my personal collection :)

Greg

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I landed a BIG one thanks to gpenko.

img029.jpg

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Ill punt to some of the big McGwire collectors here but this looks like a base card that someone stamped but I could be wrong. $8 just seems like a giveaway

I recall a few years ago there were a ton of these type of "1/1" cards stamped for the Special Olympics. I wouldn't pay a huge premium for them but I think you got a nice card.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'd love to find a Belle Instant Winner... Just recently figured out which they are, etc. so I can't tell you of ones been up for purchase or not recently lol

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Dang, so close :mrgreen: I offered $40 on the Griffey Galaxy Gold /50 that's up right now and he accepted. But two others messaged him and now the deal's off. So close, so close!

Members online