Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
Picked this up a few weeks ago. I have been looking for the Ripken anyone know how hard these are to find? There are gold and silver versions of the box above the players name for these players 6 Cal Ripken Jr, 15 Tony Gwynn, 25 Eddie Murray, 32 Hideo Nomo, 42 Edgar Martinez, 47 Wade Boggs, 57 Scott Rolen, 60 Dante Bichette, 69 Ernie Young and 70 Ryne Sandberg . The corrected gold version is the harder one to find.

gwynngoldcorrect.jpg

gwynngolderror.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Picked this up a few weeks ago. I have been looking for the Ripken anyone know how hard these are to find? There are gold and silver versions of the box above the players name for these players 6 Cal Ripken Jr, 15 Tony Gwynn, 25 Eddie Murray, 32 Hideo Nomo, 42 Edgar Martinez, 47 Wade Boggs, 57 Scott Rolen, 60 Dante Bichette, 69 Ernie Young and 70 Ryne Sandberg . The corrected gold version is the harder one to find.

Hmm. Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a gold Sandberg. Of course, I've never paid attention to it.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I know Beckett denotes the Sandberg as ERR - never knew why though.

Randomly seeded into one in every nine packs, cards from this set parallel the 150-card base issue. The distinctive gold foil fronts easily differentiate them from their silver-foiled base-issue brethren. The following cards were erroneously printed with a silver (rather than gold) logo on front: 6, 15, 25, 32, 42, 47, 57, 60, 69 and 70. Corrected gold logo versions of these cards do exist but are in far shorter supply though secondary market trading values remain similar due to general indifference. The set is considered complete with the erroneous silver logo cards.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Randomly seeded into one in every nine packs, cards from this set parallel the 150-card base issue. The distinctive gold foil fronts easily differentiate them from their silver-foiled base-issue brethren. The following cards were erroneously printed with a silver (rather than gold) logo on front: 6, 15, 25, 32, 42, 47, 57, 60, 69 and 70. Corrected gold logo versions of these cards do exist but are in far shorter supply though secondary market trading values remain similar due to general indifference. The set is considered complete with the erroneous silver logo cards.

Good info. Thanks.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I remember when those came out I wanted the Jr so bad! I still have never got one. I keep waiting for them to stockpile at COMC so the price will deflate, but they sell as quickly as they appear.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Over in the 1998 Topps Tek thread a newer member named rinkrat is working on the complete set of Diffractors. We recently worked a big trade including this:

Pattern 52

attachment.php

I'm not a huge Bagwell fan, but his Gold Leaf Rookies has always been one of my favorite cards of his. So when 1998 Leaf included it in their Curtain Calls subset, I've always wanted this Diamond Axis. I couldn't believe it went at auction for $12 - my max bid was a lot higher:

attachment.php

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Need some help from the experts here. So I have complete sets of the 1997 Fleer Goudey Greats(1:8) & 1997 Fleer Goudey Greats Gold Foil(1:800). But I also have a 1997 Goudey Greats set with no stamp of any kind and lacks the player name. Beckett only lists 2 sets. Any idea what I have here? The base set is a flat finished surface. The Gold Foil has a glossy surface. The set with no stamp has a glossy surface as well. Any ideas? Here are a couple examples.

goudjeter.jpg

goudsand.jpg

Just incase anyone in the know missed this. Still trying to find answers.

Members online