Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I think the most astonishing thing is that you got the card. I wonder if anyone noticed it in ended listings and tried to swoop in. So awesome it went to a player collector, and a player collector on this board, no less!

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Being that I never see any 1990's 1/1's of Frank other than print plates from Pinnacle come to auction during my 4 years of daily searches on ebay, does anyone have any thoughts on what this card might have gone for through the normal auction process? I will absolutely not be listing this card for sale, by the way.

A 1999 Gold Label 1/1 BGS 9.5 sold for around $150. I think this was a year or two ago. I couldn't figure out why I didn't bid.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
It's always good when player collector can get a rare card for a decent price. I don't frown on that for a second.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
1998PinnacleEpixSeason.jpg

Now find me some Bagwells dammit! :D

That's the only thing I still need for him from this parallel. Never even seen one.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Don't you hate it when you have no money for cards, so you don't spend any time searching eBay for your guy and miss out on two cards like these:

$T2eC16F,!ykE9s7twBmHBQeivkuO,!~~60_57.JPG
1999 Fleer Fine Nine 7/9

$(KGrHqF,!hEE-FdmSisJBQHIIttyC!~~60_3.JPG
1999 Super Rave 1/25

The only time I have seen a copy of either of these cards for Hidalgo, and they sold for $60 combined, to the same buyer. Too bad he doesn't leave feedback, as I would love to contact him and double his money.

FIVE PLUS years, never seeing a copy of either, and one of each within 2 and a half months of each other.

Ugh.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Don't you hate it when you have no money for cards, so you don't spend any time searching eBay for your guy and miss out on two cards like these:

View attachment 7719
1999 Fleer Fine Nine 7/9

View attachment 7720
1999 Super Rave 1/25

The only time I have seen a copy of either of these cards for Hidalgo, and they sold for $60 combined, to the same buyer. Too bad he doesn't leave feedback, as I would love to contact him and double his money.

FIVE PLUS years, never seeing a copy of either, and one of each within 2 and a half months of each other.

Ugh.

That sucks. I missed out on a Burnitz super rave last week as well. Shoulda just bid for the sky as I was awaiting some payments anyway but I only threw out a modest bid. I'm fairly certain I'll see another one of those though. The Starting 9 on the other hand.......I'd probably cry if I missed one of those lol

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
That sucks. I missed out on a Burnitz super rave last week as well. Shoulda just bid for the sky as I was awaiting some payments anyway but I only threw out a modest bid. I'm fairly certain I'll see another one of those though. The Starting 9 on the other hand.......I'd probably cry if I missed one of those lol

Let's just say when I saw the completed listing for the Fine 9, I sat looking at my computer completely shocked for much longer than a few minutes.

I would gladly sell some of my other "rare" inserts to have financed the purchase of both of these cards, as some of the others I have, have had other copies pop up.

These are the only 2 to pop in at least 5 years :(

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011

I've never even SEEN a Carlos Baerga in the 13 years since this product came out. If I missed out on one.... What happened next would involve fire :)

Greg

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
So what are some of the Holy Grails of 1990's inserts I should be on the lookout for? I just started collecting Mo Vaughn, Mike Mussina, and Robin Ventura and I'd like to start keeping an immediate eye out for the tougher ones. I already know about the CC Crash the Game Instant Winners, 1997 Finest Gold Embossed Refractor, and 1997 Select Certified Mirror Gold. I'm slowly going through this thread to discover more, but it's a long thread and may take me a WHILE. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
So what are some of the Holy Grails of 1990's inserts I should be on the lookout for? I just started collecting Mo Vaughn, Mike Mussina, and Robin Ventura and I'd like to start keeping an immediate eye out for the tougher ones. I already know about the CC Crash the Game Instant Winners, 1997 Finest Gold Embossed Refractor, and 1997 Select Certified Mirror Gold. I'm slowly going through this thread to discover more, but it's a long thread and may take me a WHILE. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For me 1996 mirrors, 1997 Totally Certified Gold, 1997 Finest Gold Die Cut Embossed Refractor

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
1996 Aficionado first pitch preview, 1998 crusades, 1998 Topps Tek diffractors, 1999 Topps Tek golds.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Latest posts