Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
That Griffey Giants of the game is HUGE and if the seller got less than 5 bills for it, he got hosed.

I agree. I'm doubting all 10 ever surfaced from the packs anyway. Can't be very many Griffey collector's with that one. But, the seller knows the Griffey market though, so I bet he got paid pretty handsomely for it. Anyone have a checklist of other players??? Picking up a player to go along with my Arod Wild Vinyl would be nice.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I agree. I'm doubting all 10 ever surfaced from the packs anyway. Can't be very many Griffey collector's with that one. But, the seller knows the Griffey market though, so I bet he got paid pretty handsomely for it. Anyone have a checklist of other players??? Picking up a player to go along with my Arod Wild Vinyl would be nice.

Straight from the Pacific Website:

GIANTS OF THE GAME (10 serial-numbered sets)
1 Cal Ripken Jr.6 J.D. Drew
2 Nomar Garciaparra7 Mark McGwire
3 Sammy Sosa8 Tony Gwynn
4 Frank Thomas9 Ken Griffey Jr.
5 Mike Piazza10 Alex Rodriguez

I opened over 70 boxes of 1999 Invincible and never pulled one. My estimate is that these were seeded 1 in every 100-125 boxes.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Straight from the Pacific Website:

GIANTS OF THE GAME (10 serial-numbered sets)
1 Cal Ripken Jr.
6 J.D. Drew
2 Nomar Garciaparra
7 Mark McGwire
3 Sammy Sosa
8 Tony Gwynn
4 Frank Thomas
9 Ken Griffey Jr.
5 Mike Piazza
10 Alex Rodriguez

I opened over 70 boxes of 1999 Invincible and never pulled one. My estimate is that these were seeded 1 in every 100-125 boxes.

Wow.... So how many do we know about from members or the like? I'm sure We've got a McGwire someone wills how... probably Ripken as well... already saw the Griff

Thank god no Belle lol

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
It took me longer to find one of these than the Z2 axis die cut/ 20 ;)
IMG-6.jpg
IMG_0001-2.jpg

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
So what are some of the Holy Grails of 1990's inserts I should be on the lookout for? I just started collecting Mo Vaughn, Mike Mussina, and Robin Ventura and I'd like to start keeping an immediate eye out for the tougher ones. I already know about the CC Crash the Game Instant Winners, 1997 Finest Gold Embossed Refractor, and 1997 Select Certified Mirror Gold. I'm slowly going through this thread to discover more, but it's a long thread and may take me a WHILE. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a Thome collector and I wanted to buy a 1997 SPX Grand Finale. After a few months of watching ebay and whatnot, I finally found one. Not a Thome... it took that long to find a single Grand Finale! It just so happens it was a Mo Vaughn and it will be listed on comc in the next week or two. It's being processed right now but pm me if you want it.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I would jump on that grand finale if I were you. Those are sweet!

Here are some of my newer pick ups and some autos I love :) Clarkfan finally sold me the samples set for a good price. Thanks man! The Challengers card is the third one I've seen in the last few months. I forgot to bid on the first two but finally got this one for a few bucks.

imgjy.jpg

img0001vow.jpg

img0002sb.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I just lost out on the emerald season. It's the only one I need. I knew it was going to cost me. I should have been more aggressive

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I'm a Thome collector and I wanted to buy a 1997 SPX Grand Finale. After a few months of watching ebay and whatnot, I finally found one. Not a Thome... it took that long to find a single Grand Finale! It just so happens it was a Mo Vaughn and it will be listed on comc in the next week or two. It's being processed right now but pm me if you want it.

Don't be surprised if they list it as a Gold. When I sent Grand Finales into COMC it took about a month before they finally got them changed.

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
Don't be surprised if they list it as a Gold. When I sent Grand Finales into COMC it took about a month before they finally got them changed.

Luckily I have a buddy who works there and I handed them dirrectly to him to deal with lol. They're running pretty good over there now it seems. This is the first batch I've put up so hopefully it goes well. Thanks for the heads up tho!

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008

There is a transaction board for items you are looking to sell.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
You should be able to offer cards in this thread. Trading and selling is apart of 90s inserts. I understand theres a seperate thread for it in the transactions section but it shouldnt be so taboo to move cards in this thread since this thread gets more exposure. Some people need to lighten up.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
You should be able to offer cards in this thread. Trading and selling is apart of 90s inserts. I understand theres a seperate thread for it in the transactions section but it shouldnt be so taboo to move cards in this thread since this thread gets more exposure. Some people need to lighten up.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

I took that as he was trying to help. Not chastise....

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
You mean one of these? Its my only Season...

Pinnacle Epix E3 Season Orange.jpg

Nice! Never even freakin seen one. It's amazing the cards I don't have that you do even though I'm way ahead in the total count. Just goes to show you total overall numbers mean nothing. Very nice. BTW, pm your addy again. I'm sending your box now. Got a package going out for Magic Pappa too!

Members online

Latest posts