Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I busted 7 boxes of 98 bowman chrome this weekend- an early Christmas present to myself! Here are a few of the highlights:
IMG_0001-4_zps841caeeb.jpg

I beat the odds by a lot in pulling TWO Golden Anniversaries (odds are 1:164 packs). The Norm Hutchins was one and then I hit this beauty, the biggest star I have pulled so far:
IMG_0003-2_zpsb2e7463b.jpg
IMG_0004-2_zps58d1e901.jpg

Of course I already have a Glavine in my set but I was still pretty excited. I still have never pulled a Golden Anniversary refractor #/5 ( 1:1279 series 1 and 1:1022 series 2). Dang I'd like to fix that!

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Very cool. That Glaus is still a nice pull. What did it cost you?

Yeah the Glaus is the best International refractor I have pulled. That was sweet.

I got the series 1 hobby boxes at just under $20. I usually pick up any I can under $20. I used to get them every couple of months but this year I only picked up that one deal... I managed to make two series 1 sets out of these boxes so hopefully I can recoup some $$ that way.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Okay! I knocked out two of my new TOP 5 MOST WANTED in one mailday!!!!!:eek:
1999 Fleer Tradition Starting Nine #'d 9/9
niners1.jpg

and 1992 Stadium Club Atlanta National Sports Convention:
This are not the East Coast National which seem to be a little easier to find (and a lot better players overall)
THe first one I have seen.
niners2.jpg

Time to make a new Top 5...

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
Congrats on the pickups! Out of curiosity, how many Gwynn starting 9s had you seen before you landed this one? I have not seen one of my PC player yet..

budvandall

Mar 11, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
Okay! I knocked out two of my new TOP 5 MOST WANTED in one mailday!!!!!:eek:
1999 Fleer Tradition Starting Nine #'d 9/9
niners1.jpg

and 1992 Stadium Club Atlanta National Sports Convention:
This are not the East Coast National which seem to be a little easier to find (and a lot better players overall)
THe first one I have seen.
niners2.jpg

Time to make a new Top 5...

Do you Know how many players have a 1992 Atlanta National Sports Convention card? I have never seen one of these.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Nice Gwynn starting nine. I'm thinking he got it from Burbank. They had one for over $100 a few weeks ago.
Yep! :) had three 1998 Tek Diffractors sitting here collecting dust, so I basically made a trade ( not literally, but you get it!)

Do you Know how many players have a 1992 Atlanta National Sports Convention card? I have never seen one of these.
Series 2 were used in Atlanta, and there weren't many good players in that set. Series 3 were used at the National in White Plains, and there were more good players on that set. (like Griffey!)

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
All I know is that this was probably going to go on my most wanted list, so this has been an absolutely huge week for me.
Any info on this is appreciated:
1996 Predictors. Hobby and Retail. The Retail Redeemed (R57) has really been tough to find and finally landed it. Does anyone know if it actually harder to find, or has it just been bad luck/poor searching. This is actually the first I have found.
Hobby and Retail Unredeemed (H34 and R57):
pred2.jpg
pred1.jpg

Hobby and Retail Redeemed (H34 and R57):
pred3.jpg
pred.jpg

Thanks for looking and any info!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts