Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
Fandruw25 said:
These gold auto's are tough. Only the second Andruw I've seen and the auto is much nicer than the other copy I own
$%28KGrHqYOKj4E2BzBvv6hBNw%29y579Og~~_3.jpg

At least it's easy to tell it's the gold version and they get listed as such when up for sale. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find the 1998 Bowman Gold Autograph of Cruz because the ink is blue for all 3 versions. Only the color of the Certified Autograph Logo identifies if it's the Blue, Silver or Gold. There are probably a bunch of people sitting on Gold Auto's but don't know it because of this.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
All I can say is Wow. Its the only one I have ever seen but I couldn't pull the trigger on it at that price.
[ebay:2vna7nru]160585048571[/ebay:2vna7nru]

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
5718745469_6b03658928_b.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
jszczech said:
All I can say is Wow. Its the only one I have ever seen but I couldn't pull the trigger on it at that price.
[ebay:1alcby2x]160585048571[/ebay:1alcby2x]

Ouch, $255 for Pucket First Pitch Preview. Were you one of the bidders? Hopefully you don't have to wait another 15 years for the next one! :)

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
gwynn5453l4u said:
jszczech said:
[ebay:3pz1xjc8]160585048571[/ebay:3pz1xjc8]

Ouch, $255 for Pucket First Pitch Preview. Were you one of the bidders? Hopefully you don't have to wait another 15 years for the next one! :)
Yeah I threw up the first bid to on it. I was planning on bidding again but the next time a looked it was over a 100 and I didnt really want to go that high on it. I never thought it would go that high but you never know with Puckett cards.

This ended the day before that card [ebay:3pz1xjc8]190530016509[/ebay:3pz1xjc8]

I needed both of those cards for my PC but would rather buy autographs when they started climbing that high.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
jszczech said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
jszczech said:
[ebay:4moh24jx]160585048571[/ebay:4moh24jx]

Yeah I threw up the first bid to on it. I was planning on bidding again but the next time a looked it was over a 100 and I didnt really want to go that high on it. I never thought it would go that high but you never know with Puckett cards.

This ended the day before that card [ebay:4moh24jx]190530016509[/ebay:4moh24jx]

I needed both of those cards for my PC but would rather buy autographs when they started climbing that high.
:lol: :lol: Now that one is laughable! I feel sorry for you, man! But I totally agree with your thinking!
It will be that much more sweeter when you finally do land those!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Not really sure why the checklist went so high but I can tell you that the 1996 one doesn't pop up very often. I think the reason is that its not as obvious that its a press proof. I am sure there are checklist press proofs hiding in peoples commons boxes out there. I'll get it one day I just don't want to pay 90 bucks for it.

The sames seller had a Gywnn [ebay:3hv1g22q]190530010876[/ebay:3hv1g22q] and a Griffey [ebay:3hv1g22q]190530016324[/ebay:3hv1g22q]. Both of those went for much more reasonable prices.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Jastermereel said:
AndruwHRJones said:
Probably one of my best maildays ever:

2-1.jpg

Nice haul.

I bought some stuff from this guy. FYI he is willing to take 50% offers.

It's funny, despite the fact his Reds are the highest priced, then Purples, then Greens, the reality is that they're all probably equally rare.

I should have come here to discuss this at the time. I came to the same conclusion as you - the greens, purples, and reds are all probably equally rare. No wonder the greens went off the board so fast. And I also figured out that the guy was taking 50% offers.

I snagged a green and purple Rusty Greer. I just couldn't bear to buy the Red because it was priced higher and the miscut (top to bottom) was just horrid. I couldn't bear to look at that card. I let my nemesis have it.

I also picked up the purple Smoltz, purple Sandy Alomar, and red Sandy Alomar to resell.

Are we calling these "executive proofs" and how many sets do we believe exist?

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
BunchOBull said:
These are legitimate executive proofs, which were typically produced in numbers of 5 to 10; maybe less in certain instances.

Whoa... awesome. Do we know anything about the seller or how they got them?

I thought it was interesting that they broke their single-day sales record the same day these broke (if figured it right). And I can't figure out why in the world someone would sell these on COMC and take 50% offers!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
RustyGreerFan said:
magicpapa said:
jacksoncoupage said:
Just received this along with a Robin Ventura Redeemed Gold Rush for my PC.
5691178697_1f29924c09.jpg
sweet, find me a griffey lol

What is this? I redeemed for platinum team sets back in the day... but I don't remember getting anything like this back.

I know, me too. I sent away for about 4 or 5 sets back in the day, and got the platinum sets in the plastic case. I never got any of the gold cards back, though.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
RustyGreerFan said:
What is this? I redeemed for platinum team sets back in the day... but I don't remember getting anything like this back.

Lance at FrankThomasCollection.com told me that the common thought is that the stamp was only given to very early redeemed Gold Rush sets, as a countermeasure to prevent infinite resubmissions of the same sets. When the volume of response to the program exploded, Pinnacle wasn't prepared for the influx and resorted keeping redeemed Gold Rush sets, rather than returning them.

Members online

Latest posts