Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Always loved that set. In fact, I have the set. It's a shame those are the only two players of note. They should have done a much bigger set with all the stars. The Chase Stars and Chase Rookies from Series I were cool too, but the red and the green really were too intrusive. I love these because they're somewhat borderless cards with both banner color schemes tailored to the team/uniform colors of the player. They used zoomed-in (mostly) action photos and the player really takes up the majority of the card. I think the Jeffrey Hammonds is the best-looking one of all, but Salmon is right up there. It was also interesting to see them use the Marlins colors on the Jeff Conine.

They are kinda hard to find because not only was their checklist lacking, but so was the checklist of the product that these could be pulled from - 1993 Select Rookie/Traded. I bought a box back then and got shut out on hits which was not unusual. Sucked.

I posted the Hammonds here: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...90s-inserts-arent-really-interesting-1-a.html

stanthemanfan

Apr 14, 2010
Greenville, Sc
They are kinda hard to find because not only was their checklist lacking, but so was the checklist of the product that these could be pulled from - 1993 Select Rookie/Traded. I bought a box back then and got shut out on hits which was not unusual. Sucked.

I posted the Hammonds here: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...90s-inserts-arent-really-interesting-1-a.html

I purchased 2 cases of these and I have the original order info and ad including checklist . I think there were 1950 Serial #'d cases with 24 boxes per case and 24 packs per box. Each box was labeled with the case # and box # . It stated the odds of pulling the inserts with the Nolan Ryan special card being the toughest. I don't have access to my cards right now or I would put up scans. of the order info and checklist.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Finally found and won a 1998 Topps Gallery 25-Point Auction Points card to go along with the 50, 75 and 100 Point cards. Thing was, I had to purchase a 70-card lot of the auction point cards to get it. So, if anyone needs one of these for their PC, let me know. I don't know the individual points for each card yet, they should be arriving next week. If you are looking for specific points, PM the player and the points you need, and I'll let you know when I have the cards in hand. I'd be looking for like a $1 a card for the stars, $.50 a card for the commons, plus shipping.

98TOPPSGALLERYPPIAP50.jpg
98GALLERY.jpg

138 Mo Vaughn

I'd be interested in any Mo Vaughns you get.

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
I'll play...

scan0005.jpg

Great card... I remember I loved 1999 Upper Deck... one of the last sets I collected by buying box after box. Best hit I had was a Derek Jeter View to a Thrill triple /100 (which I sold last year). I always wanted to find a Thome Exclusives... haven't seen one yet.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Great card... I remember I loved 1999 Upper Deck... one of the last sets I collected by buying box after box. Best hit I had was a Derek Jeter View to a Thrill triple /100 (which I sold last year). I always wanted to find a Thome Exclusives... haven't seen one yet.

I pulled a John Rocker /10 a few years ago; it ended up being in rough shape, since it was 1/8th inch wider than a base card and the edges were pretty dinged up over the years. Think I sold it at a show, or to a shop, don't even remember what I did with it.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Picked up some awesome stuff at the Monday Mansfield show, no scans yet but wanted to share (and brag a bit ;) ). None of these were more than 25¢, most were under 10¢ each:

1995 Finest Refractor Craig Biggio
1998 Topps Gold Label Black Class 1: Larry Walker, Mark Grace, Rafael Palmeiro, Andres Galarraga, Dean Palmer, Paul O'Neill, Andruw Jones, Tony Clark, Tim Salmon, Reggie Sanders, Richard Hidalgo
1998 Topps Gold Label Black Class 3: Raul Mondesi, Ray Landkford, Brad Fullmer, Hideki Irabu, Ellis Burks, Richard Hidalgo, Todd Walker
1998 SI Extra Edition Todd Helton /500
1998 Pinnacle Totally Certified Blue /1999: Dean Palmer, Larry Walker, Jim Edmonds, Ken Caminiti, Barry Larkin, Omar Vizquel, Greg Vaughn, Ellis Burks, Kenny Lofton, Raul Mondesi, Jeff Bagwell, Rusty Greer, Edgar Martinez, Jason Giambi
1996 SPx Bound For Glory Manny Ramirez
1999 Pacific Gold Crown Die Cuts Wade Boggs
1996 Leaf Statistical Standouts Sample Joe Carter (clipped corner)
1994 Upper Deck Ryne Sandberg base with Silver Back
1998 Circa Thunder Rave Kevin Young /150
1997 Finest Embossed Refractors Vinny Castilla Silver
1999 Stadium Club One Of A Kind Tom Candiotti /150

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Picked up some awesome stuff at the Monday Mansfield show, no scans yet but wanted to share (and brag a bit ;) ). None of these were more than 25¢, most were under 10¢ each:

1995 Finest Refractor Craig Biggio
1998 Topps Gold Label Black Class 1: Larry Walker, Mark Grace, Rafael Palmeiro, Andres Galarraga, Dean Palmer, Paul O'Neill, Andruw Jones, Tony Clark, Tim Salmon, Reggie Sanders, Richard Hidalgo
1998 Topps Gold Label Black Class 3: Raul Mondesi, Ray Landkford, Brad Fullmer, Hideki Irabu, Ellis Burks, Richard Hidalgo, Todd Walker
1998 SI Extra Edition Todd Helton /500
1998 Pinnacle Totally Certified Blue /1999: Dean Palmer, Larry Walker, Jim Edmonds, Ken Caminiti, Barry Larkin, Omar Vizquel, Greg Vaughn, Ellis Burks, Kenny Lofton, Raul Mondesi, Jeff Bagwell, Rusty Greer, Edgar Martinez, Jason Giambi
1996 SPx Bound For Glory Manny Ramirez
1999 Pacific Gold Crown Die Cuts Wade Boggs
1996 Leaf Statistical Standouts Sample Joe Carter (clipped corner)
1994 Upper Deck Ryne Sandberg base with Silver Back
1998 Circa Thunder Rave Kevin Young /150
1997 Finest Embossed Refractors Vinny Castilla Silver
1999 Stadium Club One Of A Kind Tom Candiotti /150

Oh Plain Old 90's Inserts That aren't Really That Interesting...#1

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
[QUPTE]1997 LEAF CERTIFIED Ken Griffey JR. BLACK FRONT 1/1 , From the CERTIFIED TEAM INSERT, #13 OF 20 of the subset, BLACK FRONT/NO LETTERS, fans love him, lots of collectors for these, great investment potential, all cards Nrmint/Mint from packs unless otherwise stated. True colors nicer than scan shows, women buy his cards also. Thanks for you business. It is a nice item that you will be happy with. All items shipped in discrete packages. Buy it now.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Members online

Latest posts