Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Any Matt Holliday collectors here? saw this card on COMC--think it's pretty cool, although maybe not at the $50+ listing price.

1999 Topps MVP Promotion #442 - M.Holliday/J.Winchester/100 - COMC

I really like these MVP promo cards, given the mystery around how many weren't redeemed, how many are just lying in junk boxes somewhere, etc. Been looking for Pedro Martinez and Mike Piazza versions of this card for a couple years now with no such luck.

I lucked out and found a bunch of the Winners prize set for like 50 cents each at the Sun Times Show last fall. No huge names, but still did ok for 50 cents per card.

Greg Layton

Aug 7, 2010
Overland Park, KS
Hey guys! Long time no see. I'm fishing for the ABCD White Whale tonight. Wish me luck.

IMAGE_485E0223-76FB-4B62-A97B-3AD882C71A3E.JPG

IMAGE_72216764-1229-479D-A7DA-5A24FCB4B4DB.JPG

Attachments

• IMAGE_485E0223-76FB-4B62-A97B-3AD882C71A3E.JPG
    IMAGE_485E0223-76FB-4B62-A97B-3AD882C71A3E.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAGE_72216764-1229-479D-A7DA-5A24FCB4B4DB.JPG
    IMAGE_72216764-1229-479D-A7DA-5A24FCB4B4DB.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 37

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
What is that Bagwell from Private Stock?

I think it's one of those artist's canvas cards. I know I've seen it because I have it but I can't remember the exact name of it. They're really thin like paper if I recall correctly with a white back.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Any of you guys win this? I'm guessing a resident Lofton collector? I figured $75 would take it but maybe this is a $100+ card...

Havent seen [MENTION=3911]descott77[/MENTION] in almost a year. I loved his collection. His house was broken into, and haven't really heard from him since. Kinda sucks, because I had that Lofton Diffractor I hit woulda gave it to him for nothing... Hopefully everything is alright with him!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Havent seen [MENTION=3911]descott77[/MENTION] in almost a year. I loved his collection. His house was broken into, and haven't really heard from him since. Kinda sucks, because I had that Lofton Diffractor I hit woulda gave it to him for nothing... Hopefully everything is alright with him!

Ahh really? Not cool about the break in. I actually wrote him but wasn't aware of this. I do remember him saying he had never seen a Lofton diffractor.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
As most of you know, I only count Beckett recognized cards for my Belle checklist BUT I work with Beckett to correct his when I have time... usually it takes them WAY more time to actually get around to doing it but I pay for the player checklist, so I feel the right to have them update his checklist and make it accurate.

Anyways, I've been told they've now linked the Topps Marbles to each player checklist and also linked *Folz Vending Minis * '99 Pacific Invincible Red's * '97 Pinnacle Cert. Cert. Gold Team SAMPLEs and then a few Indians specific team items I sent in.

I'm working with them on a few others (Including '92 to '96 Panini stickers) but their time is limited but hope to get more added or linked by the end of the week. THe updates I mentioned above should reflect tomorrow morning.

Just thought I'd give the '90s thread a heads up... I get really excited when Belle's checklist is updated because of my doing! :)

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
As most of you know, I only count Beckett recognized cards for my Belle checklist BUT I work with Beckett to correct his when I have time... usually it takes them WAY more time to actually get around to doing it but I pay for the player checklist, so I feel the right to have them update his checklist and make it accurate.

Anyways, I've been told they've now linked the Topps Marbles to each player checklist and also linked *Folz Vending Minis * '99 Pacific Invincible Red's * '97 Pinnacle Cert. Cert. Gold Team SAMPLEs and then a few Indians specific team items I sent in.

I'm working with them on a few others (Including '92 to '96 Panini stickers) but their time is limited but hope to get more added or linked by the end of the week. THe updates I mentioned above should reflect tomorrow morning.

Just thought I'd give the '90s thread a heads up... I get really excited when Belle's checklist is updated because of my doing! :)

Hmmmm....and here I am trying to get things OFF my checklist...;)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
O..... and I have been successful getting this taken OFF his checklist; although it's tough. I'm working with them now to get off a few cards actually... including

1997 Score Premium Stock #428 - Albert Belle
1997 Score Premium Stock #495 - Albert Belle GY
1997 Score Hobby Reserve #HR12 - Albert Belle

Latest posts