Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Not sure if it has been expressed before, but there is now evidence that 1998 Sports Illustrated 1/1s are not true 1/1s.

Ebay seller shelbyville_sports_cards has put up quite a few recently and the Rusty Greer was bought by a guy that already had one.

He was the same seller that had a lot of uncut Fleer sheets too. I always had my doubts about the Puckett's so I stayed away from them.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well what seperates this guy from the dozens of other sellers selling proofs and whatnot? Like I've said before, my dad used to be a printer, and showing some of this to him has sparked him to say that these look professional. So it's not like somebody with photoshop and an hp deskjet is making these. So as far as I'm concerned they are the same as backdoored issues.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
eee6bf4f-10a0-4d63-97b3-5f025ac98026_zpsd5a8cccf.jpg

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Put in an offer when they wanted like $500 or so for the McGwire SI 1/1. Was always skeptical about the Extra Edition stamp on the front instead of the First Edition stamp football cards (and some other baseball cards) had. My offers kept going down with their asking price. Somebody else finally bought it. Now I don't feel so bad about letting it go.

Those FroZsnack lids come with two backs (green and orange) and two sizes (3 1/4" and 4").

Dec 10, 2008
Put in an offer when they wanted like $500 or so for the McGwire SI 1/1. Was always skeptical about the Extra Edition stamp on the front instead of the First Edition stamp football cards (and some other baseball cards) had. My offers kept going down with their asking price. Somebody else finally bought it. Now I don't feel so bad about letting it go.

Those FroZsnack lids come with two backs (green and orange) and two sizes (3 1/4" and 4").

There is also a blue backed one. I'll try to find mine and post scans of the 3.

On a side note, I bought the SI at a price I was comfortable with knowing it was likely a backdoored 1/1.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
uHqC8UL.jpg
0cSvTel.jpg

1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Inverted Atomic Refractor Konerko / McGwire / Helton / Palmeiro - this is the only copy I've seen of this card. I've always wondered how many copies are actually out there.

Last edited:

Members online