User Tag List

Page 418 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 3183684084144154164174184194204214224284685189181418 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 21329

Thread: Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pootshwan View Post
    I've contacted him (made him aware of this conversation) and asked him to share the variation on this thread.

I believe it is a true variation as well.
    I definitely hope he comes in to voice his opinion on the issue. I doubt its existence, but not afraid to admit I'm wrong if he came in with concrete evidence showing variations. Scans from the internet can vary greatly, so hopefully, he has 2 different Thomas cards in hand to show the differences.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't dropped a new card in a while but because they are few and far in between.... Well I just got this beauty in tonight!

1999 E-X Century Essential Credentials Now, serial numbered 16/27!

Thanks for checking it out.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My set came directly from the Pinnacle. I had several good friend there and I never heard discussion about a variation in this set; other sets but not here. Just my two cents.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    I haven't dropped a new card in a while but because they are few and far in between.... Well I just got this beauty in tonight!

Always nice!
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

bzero13
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post

Very nice!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    My set came directly from the Pinnacle. I had several good friend there and I never heard discussion about a variation in this set; other sets but not here. Just my two cents.

Hey George. Do you have the full 100 card set? Is Omar Vizquel and Juan Gonzalez in the finalized set? I know they are "supposed to be" but that isn't always the case with the card companies, especially one that was an online redemption. There has been a few players over the years collector's have asked me about and it would be nice to be able to at least confirm their identity. I've been told Gonzalez definitely exists and that it definitely doesn't exist. All I can speak of is that I've definitely NEVER seen it personally. Any help????

@radicards
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone,

This is a really great thread! Thank you pootshwan for making me aware of it.

Here are the two variations of the 1996 Pinnacle First Pitch Preview side-by-side. These were scanned the exact same way, at the exact same time. The card on the left is the correct holo-foil version, while the card on the right is the flat-bronze variation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1996pinnaclefppvarfthom.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	5568
    Last edited by patrick182; 08-28-2012 at 11:52 PM.

bzero13
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick182 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Here are the two variations of the 1996 Pinnacle First Pitch Preview side-by-side. These were scanned the exact same way, at the exact same time. The card on the left is the correct holo-foil version, while the card on the left is the flat-bronze variation.

Dang it! Something else to keep an eye on.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone,

Here are the two variations of the 1996 Pinnacle First Pitch Preview side-by-side. These were scanned the exact same way, at the exact same time. The card on the left is the correct holo-foil version, while the card on the left is the flat-bronze variation.

Hmmmm. Well if you have them in hand, I guess I'll say I'm wrong. Have you ever seen another player other than Thomas then? I've seen hundreds of FPP's and have had around 100 myself and never seen any variance other than the way I scan them.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunchOBull View Post
    I know of a Thomas collector with the Bronze variation; he's an advanced collector and is aware of the variety. It's a legit variation.
    Quote Originally Posted by pootshwan View Post
    I've contacted him (made him aware of this conversation) and asked him to share the variation on this thread.

I believe it is a true variation as well.
    Hello everyone,

Looks like a printing flaw more than a "variation" (yes, there is a difference)...

Patrick182! Welcome to the boards! We can always use more 90's guys!!!!!!!

@radicards
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post
    Hmmmm. Well if you have them in hand, I guess I'll say I'm wrong. Have you ever seen another player other than Thomas then? I've seen hundreds of FPP's and have had around 100 myself and never seen any variance other than the way I scan them.
    Hi clarkfan,

I haven't seen this variation with other players. But then again, I'm never looking for other players. So feasibly, they could very well exist; I'm just not aware of them.
    Last edited by patrick182; 08-28-2012 at 09:48 PM.

@radicards
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn545 View Post
    Looks like a printing flaw more than a "variation" (yes, there is a difference)...

Patrick182! Welcome to the boards! We can always use more 90's guys!!!!!!!
    Thanks Gwynn545!

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post
    Hey George. Do you have the full 100 card set? Is Omar Vizquel and Juan Gonzalez in the finalized set? I know they are "supposed to be" but that isn't always the case with the card companies, especially one that was an online redemption. There has been a few players over the years collector's have asked me about and it would be nice to be able to at least confirm their identity. I've been told Gonzalez definitely exists and that it definitely doesn't exist. All I can speak of is that I've definitely NEVER seen it personally. Any help????
    The set is complete......at least mine is. Honestly I am not sure how many made it to the public, and yes there is a back story.....along with how I got mine.

This and other Pinnacle products had numerous printing hues and tints. These were unintended and linked to the printing process. The color differences might be cool but I think the hunt for rare variations has many collector seeing differences in cards which are not truly there......just my opinion.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    and yes there is a back story.....along with how I got mine

Sweet! If it's available to hear, I'm listening. It will help knowing they at least exist though. I have a collector putting the set together that I've sold a few of my extra's to and I told him I just didn't know for sure if all 100 players existed. Thanks man!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are at least 2 bronze Thomas', I have the other. I know there was another one of someone else but can't remember who (maybe Griffey) because the seller was selling a bunch of FPP and I remember seeing at least 3 that were bronze in the 10 or so he was selling over the few months he was letting them go. I believe it is the wrong foil type but I still think of it as a variation.
    Last edited by bustin_knuckles; 08-28-2012 at 11:02 PM.

https://bustinknuckles.angelfire.com/

Wantlist:
    2001 Fleer Authority Diamond Cuts Base #104 Frank Thomas/250
    2008 Upper Deck First Edition Jerseys #FEFT Frank Thomas Jsy/750