Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
1998 UD3 #78 Craig Biggio EF
1998 UD3 #168 Craig Biggio EE
1998 UD3 #258 Craig Biggio ER

What does the EF/EE/ER mean?

Establishment Light FX
Establishment Embossed
Establishment Rainbow

It's the different subset (Biggio is in the Establishment subset), and the different technologies (each of the three techs per player).

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
that fortune 15 is absolutely gorgeous in person too - picked that up not this past x-mas but the year before -- it was our "set a budget and buy some cards with it" gift to ourselves that year. our daughter having just been born earlier in the year had been a dryspell of expendable cash!

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Just picked this up. At 1:2880, any idea why they don't sell for much?

Y7KNbRml.png

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I know for a fact the difference between base, silver, and steel. I found a couple of steels of other players at the LCS (back when I was up in spokane) and picked em up. Its should have a smooth sheen behind Bagwell in the action shot, not that rough textured look of the base card.

Well I ordered a steel and it's not the steel version.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
I think it's because there are just a LOT out there on the market. Not saying any were backdoored or anything, but the market seems to have enough for everybody that wants one.

That's generally how the market works, but as far as I can tell, there's only one out there for sale and its an "overpriced" PSA 10 on eBay. I didn't check BMP, but nevertheless, they don't seem readily available. Probably doesn't help that they book low, but those odds are crazy.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Another seller not knowing what cards they have. So lame.

It's mostly the sellers I trust because they are big time sellers and yet they have no picture of the card. So I trust them. Burbank's pretty good about having what they say that have. Not so much for others.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Okay guys, 1998 donruss fantasy team diecuts. Print run is supposedly /250. Mine says /4000. Is it only the first 250 that were diecut? Mine is like 61/4000.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
[h=3]FANtasy Team[/h] Randomly inserted in Update Series packs, this 20-card set features the leading vote-getters from the on-line FAN Club promotion. The first ten cards make up the FANtasy 1st Team and consist of the top 10 vote-getters. Each FANtasy 1st Team card is serial-numbered to 2000 copies. The remaining players make up the FANtasy 2nd Team and are each serial-numbered to 4000 copies.
The first 250 copies of each Fantasy Team card are die-cut.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
That's generally how the market works, but as far as I can tell, there's only one out there for sale and its an "overpriced" PSA 10 on eBay. I didn't check BMP, but nevertheless, they don't seem readily available. Probably doesn't help that they book low, but those odds are crazy.

One thing that made me suspicious is that the seller that had all the 1998 Pinnacle Totally Certified Golds (I think you bought one of the Edgars?) also sold about three sets worth of those hitting machines gold medallions. Sure, he could have stockpiled them, but it makes me think he had a source, as with the Totally Golds.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
One thing that made me suspicious is that the seller that had all the 1998 Pinnacle Totally Certified Golds (I think you bought one of the Edgars?) also sold about three sets worth of those hitting machines gold medallions. Sure, he could have stockpiled them, but it makes me think he had a source, as with the Totally Golds.

I've seen different sellers with a seemingly endless supply of certain fleer ultra inserts. Not sure if they were stockpiled or what but I've noticed it before.

Members online