Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
this is the only one i have without the peel. in hand it radiates. scans no way do these cards justice.

awbr.jpg

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
had just decided no more buying any cards for at least another couple of weeks and then found this listed on ebay with what I thought to be a pretty bad title for it (listed as simply "1996 stadium club greg maddux" had no bids till the last hour or so

extreme gold winners with the glass coated front/metal back

4lktc0.jpg

picked it up for $22.50PPD

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
riveraXVX said:
had just decided no more buying any cards for at least another couple of weeks and then found this listed on ebay with what I thought to be a pretty bad title for it (listed as simply "1996 stadium club greg maddux" had no bids till the last hour or so

4lktc0.jpg

I wanna say that is a landmark. Maybe someone else can verify.

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
bigalbert said:
riveraXVX said:

4lktc0.jpg

I wanna say that is a landmark. Maybe someone else can verify.

its the stadium club extreme winners gold. description verified it was the glass coated front/metal backed (also had the back photo up) they were a redemption from the set books for around 50 or so. cool lookin cards, I'll take a better photo once it comes in --- does look similar to the landmarks though

"Lucky collectors who mailed in a winning Extreme Players Gold card (randomly inserted in 1996 Stadium Club packs) received a beautiful glass-coated, metal-backed Finest style card of the same player in return. The Extreme Winners Gold cards are slightly larger than standard-sized cards and much thicker and heavier. Collectors started to receive the cards around early March, 1997. "

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Cool Maddux. These are the mail-away 1995 Finest Bronze cards that were mentioned. The back is not glass though just a metal finish.

95finestbronze.jpg95finestbronze_b.jpg

Anthony, congrats on the Hidalgo! Tough parallel to find.

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
yep looks like the same finish on those finest cards... were the front of those finest glass coated?

I remember seeing those when I was a kid but never could remember what they were from

pretty excited to get the maddux in! haven't picked up much in the way of 90s maddux inserts the past few months while focusing on our venters collection..now that its pretty much finished up back to maddux!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
how rare are the 1997 & 1998 Pinnacle Mint Coins Solid Silver ? any ideas on print numbers? any help.
juan_picture.jpgjuan_picture.jpg
juan_picture.jpgjuan_picture.jpg

also i would take it that these would be a 1/1
1997 Pinnacle Mint Coins Gold Redemption
1998 Pinnacle Mint Coins Solid Gold Redemption

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Anthony K. said:
$(KGrHqUOKicE36iDcUwzBOGl1cHnVQ~~_12.jpg
1998 Topps Black Label Class 2 "Red" /50

First one of the Black Label parallels I have picked up. Cannot wait to get it in hand.

That's a Red Label parallel. There are base, black and red to 98 Topps Gold Label. Black Labels are unnumbered. Red Labels were #/100 for Row 1, #/50 for Row 2, and #/25 for Row 3. Nice card.

98TOPPSGOLDLABEL1GOLD.jpg98TOPPSGOLDLABEL1BLACK.jpg98TOPPSGOLDLABEL1RED.jpg
98TOPPSGOLDLABEL2GOLD.jpg98TOPPSGOLDLABEL2BLACK.jpg98TOPPSGOLDLABEL2RED.jpg
98TOPPSGOLDLABEL3GOLD.jpg98TOPPSGOLDLABEL3BLACK.jpg98TOPPSGOLDLABEL3RED.jpg

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
nosterbor said:
how rare are the 1997 & 1998 Pinnacle Mint Coins Solid Silver ? any ideas on print numbers? any help.

1997 via to Beckett:

Randomly inserted in packs at a rate of one in 2300, this set is parallel to the regular brass coin set and features Solid Silver coins with embossed player heads. According to various sources, approximately 20 sets were minted.

1998 via to Beckett:

Randomly inserted one in every 288 hobby packs and one in every 960 retail packs, this 30-coin set is a solid silver parallel verion of the base coin set.

I own a 1998 Silver coin of Andruw and know Fandruw25 owns one too. Those are the only two 1998's I have seen. I have never seen the 1997 and I seriously question the print run of 20. I am thinking it might be a 1/1 also.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
nevermore said:
Cool Maddux. These are the mail-away 1995 Finest Bronze cards that were mentioned. The back is not glass though just a metal finish.

Both of these sets are made in the same way, a metal card with a roughly 1/16th inch thick plastic coating on the front.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
BunchOBull said:
nevermore said:

Both of these sets are made in the same way, a metal card with a roughly 1/16th inch thick plastic coating on the front.

Yeah, i didnt think that it was glass on the front. Mine feels like soft clear plastic.

Topps%20Finest%20Metal%203.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
AndruwHRJones said:
nosterbor said:

1997 via to Beckett:

Randomly inserted in packs at a rate of one in 2300, this set is parallel to the regular brass coin set and features Solid Silver coins with embossed player heads. According to various sources, approximately 20 sets were minted.

1998 via to Beckett:

Randomly inserted one in every 288 hobby packs and one in every 960 retail packs, this 30-coin set is a solid silver parallel verion of the base coin set.

I own a 1998 Silver coin of Andruw and know Fandruw25 owns one too. Those are the only two 1998's I have seen. I have never seen the 1997 and I seriously question the print run of 20. I am thinking it might be a 1/1 also.

I would trust 20. Dont forget how much of this crap is still in wax and how many of them got tossed into random boxes since they are not cards.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
George_Calfas said:
AndruwHRJones said:
nosterbor said:

1997 via to Beckett:

1998 via to Beckett:

I would trust 20. Dont forget how much of this crap is still in wax and how many of them got tossed into random boxes since they are not cards.
i would say the 98 golds do not exist .i have never even seen a gold of any player. has anyone? 1-94,000 packs! as for the 98 silvers,i opened 2 case's of the hobby and never got a silver.thats 480 packs! i did not buy anymore.

Members online

Latest posts