Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Finally found one of these, for a card with 10000 copies it is hard to track down. These retailed for $20 each in 1998. Would make a killer multi-player auto.

1998 Yankees Upper Deck Commemorative 5x7 #/9800

98wsjumbo.png

98wsjumbo2.png

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I need some help from all of you 90's insert experts. When a 90's insert is listed on eBay and the seller puts 20/20 how can you tell if that is card 20 in a series of 20 cards or card 20 in a PRINT RUN of 20? I can check beckett right now but I don't expect to have a beckett online subscription forever.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
I need some help from all of you 90's insert experts. When a 90's insert is listed on eBay and the seller puts 20/20 how can you tell if that is card 20 in a series of 20 cards or card 20 in a PRINT RUN of 20? I can check beckett right now but I don't expect to have a beckett online subscription forever.

You don't need a beckett subscription to check print runs. They offer this for free.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Fandruw25 said:
kdailey4315 said:

You don't need a beckett subscription to check print runs. They offer this for free.

Yeah just noticed that after I asked the question.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
George_Calfas said:
[quote="Philip J. Fry":37ghrluj][quote="George_Calfas":37ghrluj]
alexs64 said:
Vintage is a friggen idiot...he is the one that says these are /30.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...8%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:eRTM:US:1123

Lots of people "thought" the stated print run was 30. This was a poor assumption in 1997......unfortunately people often dont listen to reason.

Excuse me while I change my pants.[/quote:37ghrluj]

I needed to do something to get you out of hiding......how you been?[/quote:37ghrluj]

Good man, just super busy with work and the new baby!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
kdailey4315 said:

...and it's a common "trick" by sellers to put that in the title to "trick" uninformed buyers... especially with those 90's and early 00's inserts.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Epson V330, just got it on the 'bay for less than $100 delivered. It's like the V300, just a few more features for photo negative and slide scanning.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
BunchOBull said:
Epson V330, just got it on the 'bay for less than $100 delivered. It's like the V300, just a few more features for photo negative and slide scanning.

Thanks for the info. Pretty sure my wife would kill me if I bought another scanner though. Already on #5. ::facepalm::

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'd never even paid attention to this card let alone seen it. The Henderson collector posts scans of his Ricky he finally harpooned and what do ya know...I see one up on ebay. Now I hold it in my hands. Bit pricey at $12.50. But I'll take it. If anyone has a lead on the non-redemption version, let me know.

IMG_0001-12.jpg

IMG_0002-14.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
predatorkj said:
I'd never even paid attention to this card let alone seen it. The Henderson collector posts scans of his Ricky he finally harpooned and what do ya know...I see one up on ebay. Now I hold it in my hands. Bit pricey at $12.50. But I'll take it. If anyone has a lead on the non-redemption version, let me know.

IMG_0001-12.jpg

IMG_0002-14.jpg

Nice. I have one incoming, too, and I am pretty sure the ones on Ebay were from the Henderson collector here (Manof Steal). The sales on these were really scattered: $37 for Rickey, $23 for Gonzo...$4 for Ripken, $3 for Jeter and $1 for Arod... Yours at $12 was right in the middle! You crazy player collectors, you!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
gwynn5453l4u said:
Nice. I have one incoming, too, and I am pretty sure the ones on Ebay were from the Henderson collector here (Manof Steal). The sales on these were really scattered: $37 for Rickey, $23 for Gonzo...$4 for Ripken, $3 for Jeter and $1 for Arod... Yours at $12 was right in the middle! You crazy player collectors, you!

Christ...I got stuck paying 3x what a Ripken went for and 4x what a Jeter went for? ::facepalm:: :lol:

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
predatorkj said:
gwynn5453l4u said:

Christ...I got stuck paying 3x what a Ripken went for and 4x what a Jeter went for? ::facepalm:: :lol:

SUCKER!!! :^)

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
predatorkj said:

IMG_0001-12.jpg

IMG_0002-14.jpg

Unlike most cards in the set, the base Bagwell would actually be harder to find than the redemption. Cards 46-50 were extremely short-printed, and it was these cards that could be sent in to win shopping sprees in the contest. Being card #50 in the set, I'm pretty sure the regular Bagwell is a #1/1, as it's this card (along with cards 46-49) that needed to be redeemed to win the $1,000,000 grand prize.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
True Brad the Bagwell is a 1/1. It was the Grand Prize card. You would think that most of the player collectors would already have these since they are so common. All you need to do, is know how to use Ebay search. :D

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
henderson939 said:
True Brad the Bagwell is a 1/1. It was the Grand Prize card. You would think that most of the player collectors would already have these since they are so common. All you need to do, is know how to use Ebay search. :D

I don't think many people knew what the difference was between the regular and redemption set. Once it was known what the difference was, by you shopping your sets around, it was pretty easy to find. "Fleer million dollar set" was all I had to search to find it. Guess I was lucky :?

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
henderson939 said:

I agree with Fandruw as well. Maybe not with the way he said it in the Henderson thread. But it wasn't too difficult to find on ebay once manofsteel started contacting everyone who needed a redemption card and stated he had multiple sets. Also, was very curious that he had multiple Andruw's for sale but yet none were available on ebay at the time. As soon as he sold me one for $8, one finds its way to ebay and promptly doesn't sell for the minimum bid. And who is selling it, manofsteel. I am all for people making a buck. But the way manofsteel went about making his bucks was a little deceiving, especially on a board where many of us help each other for free. So if you want to bust anyone's balls, look no further than manofsteel. He tried buying the original seller on ebay out and thought he could rape the board player collectors before listing them on ebay. All the while, knowing he had way more sets in hand than there were player collectors on this board. Unfortunately for manofsteel, the original seller had way more sets than he originally told manofsteel. Now Fandruw has some sets and thus the drama. **End of Cliff Notes on the Redemption Sets**

Members online