Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
thanks i thought so myself. i have seen a chipper jones on blowout 90s insert page i believe. that one had a pretty nasty refractor line on it though.

i agree, it is one of those cards you just don't see. the 98 finite 1/1s exist too, but i have never seen a copy other than the unnumbered ones that were released on ebay not too long ago.

Dang. That counts as a top-notch toughie to me. Don't think I've ever seen another 1/1 from that set. Short base set, high cost of product when issued, product eventually tanked once JD Drew and Glaus AUs weren't big pulls.

What about 98SpX Finite? I think there were a few 1/1s in that product, but I've never seen any.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Some Topps Proshooters Marbles got listed, about 8-9 different. Prices are high, but I picked up the Grace for $33. 2 Checklists (A&B) and a wrapper sold for $256 in August!

$_35.JPG
$_35.JPG

I managed to pick up the Bonds marble, checklist, and the wrapper last year. I believe I paid $10 for the wrapper.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm going through my checklist and I need the 1998 White Sox Score Platinum Albert Belle. I have the regular 1998 White Sox Score card but for the life of me it has been impossible to acquire the Platinum version. Anyone know another site or a better way to search for these tough to find team sets? I don't even know what the Platinum version looks like or what I'm looking for. Someone probably has it and has no idea what they have.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I'm going through my checklist and I need the 1998 White Sox Score Platinum Albert Belle. I have the regular 1998 White Sox Score card but for the life of me it has been impossible to acquire the Platinum version. Anyone know another site or a better way to search for these tough to find team sets? I don't even know what the Platinum version looks like or what I'm looking for. Someone probably has it and has no idea what they have.

here is some examples.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X1998+score+platinum&_nkw=1998+score+platinum&_sacat=0

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks! I need to start looking out for the Belle now... appreciate the eBay search for me to save.

Also, maybe something to consider. A lot of sellers mis-list the Platinums as a "Showcase" or an "Artist Proof" which is how I found the Griffey.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Tried my damndest to take a good picture of a Topps ProShooter Marble today. Not easy! They're small, and reflective, so hard to get a photo without glare spots. Some people don't know these were two plastic halves joined together in the middle with rubber. They don't roll very straight. Had never noticed there was a tiny copyright line of text all around the back edge. Does confirm ©1997.

proshooter_closeup.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Tried my damndest to take a good picture of a Topps ProShooter Marble today. Not easy! They're small, and reflective, so hard to get a photo without glare spots. Some people don't know these were two plastic halves joined together in the middle with rubber. They don't roll very straight. Had never noticed there was a tiny copyright line of text all around the back edge. Does confirm ©1997.

proshooter_closeup.jpg

Yup. Hard to take pics, but you did a superb job!

Members online

Latest posts