Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
1997scoreteam.jpg

(Smoltz is for Sale )
smoltz2.jpg

smoltz1.jpg

You WOULD point it out with Griffeys! Ugh another hole I need to fill!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Each of the 150 different Regional Team cards are available in the following parallels.

• Platinum Team
  • Premier Team
Based on calculations, there are roughly 137 Premier cards and 711 Platinum cards per player.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Each of the 150 different Regional Team cards are available in the following parallels.

• Platinum Team
  • Premier Team
Based on calculations, there are roughly 137 Premier cards and 711 Platinum cards per player.

I don't believe anyone has seen the Clark . 137 / 711 estimates I think are high based on what I've ever seen but who knows. I doubt even 137 base cards have surfaced of anyone in the market place

Ryan

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
That is part of the intrigue of the regional issue. Were all teams produced in identical quantity? How were they distributed? Where are they now?

There are some teams that are flooded on the market. Dodgers are a dime a dozen. Even the Premiers. Rangers are extraordinarily tough to find. You would think that if all the boxes of Rangers went to Texas that fans would have shredded them as their checklist is pretty good, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Here's what I've found to be the case - feel free to chime in if you've experienced otherwise:

Easy to find - Dodgers, Yankees
Average - Braves, Orioles, Mariners, White Sox
Tough - Red Sox, Rockies
Rare - Rangers
Not Sure - Indians

There's also an unsubstantiated rumor that all the Premier Clubs in a case will be the same.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Just stopped by UPS to pickup two packages due today: 4 boxes '97 Finest (2 Series 1 & 2 Series 2) and 4 boxes/tins of '97 Donruss Preferred. Now I just have to wait all day to bust!

The player selection on the tins was unknown until now. Blue tins of Juan Gonzalez and Mark McGwire and Gold tins of Andruw Jones and Mark McGwire. All sealed of course - all large tins. If any player collectors have been looking for these in particular, let me know. Even I'm tempted to resist ripping the McGwire's - just had to be McGwire :/

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just stopped by UPS to pickup two packages due today: 4 boxes '97 Finest (2 Series 1 & 2 Series 2) and 4 boxes/tins of '97 Donruss Preferred. Now I just have to wait all day to bust!

The player selection on the tins was unknown until now. Blue tins of Juan Gonzalez and Mark McGwire and Gold tins of Andruw Jones and Mark McGwire. All sealed of course - all large tins. If any player collectors have been looking for these in particular, let me know. Even I'm tempted to resist on he McGwire's - just had to be McGwire :/
That's awesome, good luck with your break! As for the tins, I'm sure someone will need/want those. I just recently got the Belle large box tin but had been looking for it forever, so they're not as easy to find as you think. That said, I have two Golds and have been offered a few others.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
That is part of the intrigue of the regional issue. Were all teams produced in identical quantity? How were they distributed? Where are they now?

There are some teams that are flooded on the market. Dodgers are a dime a dozen. Even the Premiers. Rangers are extraordinarily tough to find. You would think that if all the boxes of Rangers went to Texas that fans would have shredded them as their checklist is pretty good, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Here's what I've found to be the case - feel free to chime in if you've experienced otherwise:

Easy to find - Dodgers, Yankees
Average - Braves, Orioles, Mariners, White Sox
Tough - Red Sox, Rockies
Rare - Rangers
Not Sure - Indians

There's also an unsubstantiated rumor that all the Premier Clubs in a case will be the same.

The Indians are very tough. I have only ever seen a single platinum team Manny Ramirez and I have never seen a premier club Manny. Would love to find one...

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I have a few '90s inserts like this but I don't think much about them. Don't think it's anything more than sheets being both directions when going through the machine?

I understand that it probably wasn't intentional. But some of us are weird enough that it is a variation to get. If you have any variations that may be slight even , post em.

*by mystery I didn't mean anything more than something new to look for 17 years later , not really a unique "new" card, just a variation

Ryan

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I have NO Idea where this card went, or Who it was even LOL
1997toppsMit1998StarsandSteel045_zps69252231.jpg

AHhhhhhhhh, I vaguely remember maybe it was Klesco
Each Hitters Inc. insert is serial-numbered to 4000 copies. A Ryan Klesko promo card was also distributed to Hobby dealers.

also remember splitting a box of 1994 Topps with a co worker, I think he pulled a ABCD and never redeemed........ Gotta get a hold of HIM!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts