Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kid4hof03

Jan 10, 2014
Burlington, NJ
This one is /25. hope to find one with the correct name on front.
btrl_zpsb7b5e806.jpeg

That's pretty cool

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
OK...1998 pinnacle plus team pinnacle....I have three versions on my checklist. There is a base version, a mirror version, and a gold version. I have two cards personally. One of them has a mirror foil like finish on Tino Martinez's side, the other has a mirror foil finish on Bagwell's side. Do I have everything but the gold from my checklist? Or was there a version with both sides mirror/foil that I'm missing? I think I counted two different cards as the base version.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
OK...1998 pinnacle plus team pinnacle....I have three versions on my checklist. There is a base version, a mirror version, and a gold version. I have two cards personally. One of them has a mirror foil like finish on Tino Martinez's side, the other has a mirror foil finish on Bagwell's side. Do I have everything but the gold from my checklist? Or was there a version with both sides mirror/foil that I'm missing? I think I counted two different cards as the base version.
5 Total cards for player 2 Red, 2 Gold, 1 Mirror Gold

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I picked up a 1997 Topps Stars Always Mint Olerud last evening. It's one of those cards that I didn't realize I didn't have until I saw the listing and checked my collection. It's unnumbered and the auction listing says they were 1:12 packs. Are Always Mint parallels particularly hard to find? I don't recall seeing any Oleruds for sale until now.

I've had a bastard of a time finding these, and when I do, they are usually unreasonable. I think some people get them confused with regular base cards, so they don't turn up as much as they should...

I'm still looking for a Bonds. They are a tough to find parallel as the only indicator I believe is that the back has a foil finish.

Which segues nicely into this, the fact that I actually have a Bonds that I got as part of a complete base set. Again, seller didn't even know these were something different.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I wish Lots would work for me. Each lot I buy leaves me with doubles, nuthin new. Only way I can get something for sure is if they picture all or most of the cards, kind of how you have pictured them.

I have most of the Nomars, and Chipper and Bagwell aren't guys I collect. But when I looked at the pics and saw the included cards, I thought the seller was high. Normally player lots like this are just base cards, or low-end inserts and parallels, or filled with hundreds of dupes. A few weeks ago, I won a 600 card Gary Carter lot on Sportlots auctions, making all sorts of grand promises of inserts and great mix and whatnot. I opened up the box to see 75 1988 Fleers, and the promised inserts were two 1980's Fleer All Stars. On the other hand, for $20 or so dlvd, I won a lot of 1000+ Scott Rolens. I only needed 50 of the 1000+, but I'm not joking when I say there was close to $1000 actual selling value in these cards. There were plenty of doubles, but instead of 1988 Fleer, it was 15 copies of the 1997 SP Inside Info, multiple copies of CC Gold Signatures, miltiple early obscure inserts like the 1995 SP Top Prospects Destination the Show (scarce enough that no copies have been on ebay in recent history), and almost every numbered Donruss insert card. I won't try and deny that I had a card boner.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I have most of the Nomars, and Chipper and Bagwell aren't guys I collect. But when I looked at the pics and saw the included cards, I thought the seller was high. Normally player lots like this are just base cards, or low-end inserts and parallels, or filled with hundreds of dupes. A few weeks ago, I won a 600 card Gary Carter lot on Sportlots auctions, making all sorts of grand promises of inserts and great mix and whatnot. I opened up the box to see 75 1988 Fleers, and the promised inserts were two 1980's Fleer All Stars. On the other hand, for $20 or so dlvd, I won a lot of 1000+ Scott Rolens. I only needed 50 of the 1000+, but I'm not joking when I say there was close to $1000 actual selling value in these cards. There were plenty of doubles, but instead of 1988 Fleer, it was 15 copies of the 1997 SP Inside Info, multiple copies of CC Gold Signatures, miltiple early obscure inserts like the 1995 SP Top Prospects Destination the Show (scarce enough that no copies have been on ebay in recent history), and almost every numbered Donruss insert card. I won't try and deny that I had a card boner.

I'm 99.9999% sure I have all of those cards, but if it isnt too much trouble, could you provide me and Predator with a laid out pic of those Bagwells?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

The old "card boner" strikes again!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
????

Someone got a full rainbow scanned? I'm not even showing red versions on my checklist? I'm just showing base, mirror, and gold.

There are five versions of the Bagwell:

1. Bagwell side silver foil / Tino side not foil (red)
2. Bagwell side not foil (red) / Tino side silver foil
3. Bagwell side gold foil / Tino side not foil (plain gold)
4. Bagwell side not foil (plain gold) / Tino side gold foil
5. Bagwell side is mirror gold / Tino side is plain gold OR Bagwell side is plain gold / Tino side is mirror gold (not sure which, but on mirror golds the same player is the mirror side every time)

We coo?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
There are five versions of the Bagwell:

1. Bagwell side silver foil / Tino side not foil (red)
2. Bagwell side not foil (red) / Tino side silver foil
3. Bagwell side gold foil / Tino side not foil (plain gold)
4. Bagwell side not foil (plain gold) / Tino side gold foil
5. Bagwell side is mirror gold / Tino side is plain gold OR Bagwell side is plain gold / Tino side is mirror gold (not sure which, but on mirror golds the same player is the mirror side every time)

We coo?

Ok so as per the checklist, I have the base and the mirror then I guess. I understand what you're saying. Just not what to check off but I think I understand how they count it now. And of course they left the damn gold foil off. Figures.

Members online

Latest posts