Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Just ripped two boxes of 1999 Finest S1 and two 1999 Flair Showcase (results in today's MT).

Anyway; I hit two Peel and Reveal cards in one pack (Jeter and Maddux). I peeled the cards and neither had the colors of sparkle or hyper-plaid.

Obviously just an error but the first time I have seen any (just saw one Clemens on eBay) so I might toss the Jeter up $.99 and let her ride to see what happens.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Just ripped two boxes of 1999 Finest S1 and two 1999 Flair Showcase (results in today's MT).

Anyway; I hit two Peel and Reveal cards in one pack (Jeter and Maddux). I peeled the cards and neither had the colors of sparkle or hyper-plaid.

Obviously just an error but the first time I have seen any (just saw one Clemens on eBay) so I might toss the Jeter up $.99 and let her ride to see what happens.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014

Could they be the uber-tough Stadium Stars version? When you hold it to the light, you won't see sparkles, but you will see outline of various stars, clouds, and baseballs. Very difficult to pick up in a scan/pic, but easy to see in person.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Could they be the uber-tough Stadium Stars version? When you hold it to the light, you won't see sparkles, but you will see outline of various stars, clouds, and baseballs. Very difficult to pick up in a scan/pic, but easy to see in person.

Yeah, thought about that but there are no star designs either

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Yeah, thought about that but there are no star designs either

I pulled one that looked the exact same, but once I polished it with a microfiber the stars started to show. It took a while. Sometimes it barely is noticeable and you have to hold it at all odd Angles

Last edited:

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
[MENTION=3494]heavy_hitter[/MENTION] thanks for the link. I knew it had been discussed before, just wasn't remembering all the details

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
After being away from the hobby for a while (I haven’t purchased a pack of cards since 2009, when Upper Deck was blacklisted by MLB), my collecting interest has gotten a new spark. I spent a fair amount of time, effort, and money working on getting every card signed from the 2002, 2006, & 2008 Upper Deck sets, but took a break from those projects a couple years ago. Since 2009, I’ve spent absolutely zero time looking at any cards produced since then. After surveying the current collecting landscape, I’ve come to the conclusion that there really isn’t anything in recent production I want to collect. What the heck is up with all these cards containing no logos and all these photos with the tops of players heads cut off? Back in 2009, when I heard that Upper Deck was being kicked out of the game and that Topps would become the main player, I remember thinking that all the innovation of the 90’s and 2000’s would come to a screeching halt. Topps certainly hasn’t disappointed in this regard. It appears that they are content in churning out the same old tired junk.

So what to collect? I’ve recently pulled some of my cards out of the closet and have gone back to work on those sets I hadn’t completed previously. Today the final card from the 1993 Score Select Stars arrived (Darren Daulton). These cards were so cool when they came out.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I know what you mean 1998 SPx

GAWD ....................I Miss Upper Deck
UDrare.jpg

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
1999 Finest Team Finest Rainbow Derek Jeter.

I have others I am close to completing and others that are finished but this is my newest rainbow I own.

Attachments

• Jeter Rainbow0001.jpg
    Jeter Rainbow0001.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Jeter Rainbow0002.jpg
    Jeter Rainbow0002.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Jeter Rainbow0003.jpg
    Jeter Rainbow0003.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 32
  • Jeter Rainbow0004.jpg
    Jeter Rainbow0004.jpg