Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Do you think that etching will ever come back in future bowman products?

arbw.jpg

Last edited:

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Do you think that etching will ever come back in future bowman products?

Nope. Manufacturers would rather dump money into memorabilia and player auto contracts then spend anything above the bare minimum on their design and print tech. Not to mention photography budgets. Pretty sure topps design team is one man with Photoshop recycling the same images product to product.

On a related note, what was the backstory on the printing issues with '99 atomics? Specifically, what happened? That was the year with non foil serials as well: Topps Stars, Gold Label. Intentional?

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Anyone have any 1997 Flair Masterpiece cards I wanted to see what they looked like.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
What is it about 90s cards that are so cool? Obviously, 20 years later, technology is much better. But there's just something about the older stuff. Dufex, etching, refractors,

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
What is it about 90s cards that are so cool? Obviously, 20 years later, technology is much better. But there's just something about the older stuff. Dufex, etching, refractors,

Because in the 90's there was competition, and inserts were THE thing buyers were interested in, so that's where the manufacturing effort and dollars went. When collecting tastes shifted and game-used and autographs became THE thing buyers wanted, the effort of card producers went there and inserts became an afterthought.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Kind of an interesting story behind these. Apparently there are two copies of this in existence, this being one of the two. I've just heard this around the social campfire. Has anyone else heard this about these '98 Ultra 1/1's?

1998-ultra-masterpiece-475p.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts