Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Awesome ! Does the Green exist in a place you know ?

Ryan

So I emailed the guy that sent me a photo of his Red and Purple Rusty Greer CTA (unreleased) a few years ago. He confirmed that he is also the seller on ebay who had the listing last week.

This conversation reiterates what a couple people have already said earlier in this thread (I think):

Him: There is only one of the red and purple and two of the greens

Me: Any idea where the greens are?

Him: No, I sure do not. They will be next to impossible to find.

I don't know if he truly knows the production numbers, but it sure makes me feel good about my purchase. I now have all three normal Crusades, green and purple executive proofs, and purple and red call to arms (unreleased).

And here is his item description in his listings: You will be purchasing all two cards. For those not familiar with the cards, they were set to be packed into Series 2 packs but Donruss filed for bankruptcy. The cards are extremely rare as there was only one Red version produced, one Purple version and two Greens for each player. It is not 100% confirmed if there in fact two Greens per player, as some do and some don’t from what I have seen. The cards are special not only due to their limited run, but because the cards have different photos than their original Series 1 versions. Some of the players who were in the base Call To Arms set now had a regular version, while others who were not, now had a Call To Arms version. Most collectors feel the Donruss Crusade cards are the best cards of their player collection. These prototype versions make a nice compliment. The cards have the full finishing of the production card. The only difference is there is no numbering on the back. Almost all the players from the Series 1 sets were issued in the prototype set. However, there is no Nomo card in the prototype version. There is a Rickey Henderson in the prototype set but not in the Series 1 set. Not sure for the reason to include and exclude, but I guess it will never be known… I will not end the auction early.

Last edited:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there about the 1998 Pinnacle Epix cross-issue release; namely, that the Emerald Season variety is the most scarce issue, an incorrect statement even proliferated by baseballcardpedia.

I wanted to share this sales sheet to put the debate to bed; Emerald Moment (not the All-Star variety) are the most scarce variety. That's not the say Emerald Seasons aren't scarce, they certainly are, just not as scarce.

img904.jpg

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there about the 1998 Pinnacle Epix cross-issue release; namely, that the Emerald Season variety is the most scarce issue, an incorrect statement even proliferated by baseballcardpedia.

I wanted to share this sales sheet to put the debate to bed; Emerald Moment (not the All-Star variety) are the most scarce variety. That's not the say Emerald Seasons aren't scarce, they certainly are, just not as scarce.

img904.jpg

Well I am glad I have my Emerald Moment Jeter!
I only need the Purple Moment Jeter to complete the rainbow. Anyone have an extra???

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

img904.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Emerald Game vs Purple Season , who wins as rarer?

Ryan

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

img904.jpg

Good, now I can sleep at night............... ;)

leonardo-da-vinci-quotes-printable-1.gif

Last edited:

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks for sharing. Emerald Game vs Purple Season , who wins as rarer?

Ryan

As far as production goes, this is true. "Moments" have the fewest number produced. But the way they were distributed definitely comes into play too. A "Play" distributed in Zenith might be a lot tougher to find than a "Season" distributed in regular Pinnacle. 1998 Zenith was a bust. Nobody opened much of it. The "Dare to tear" idea fell flat and left a lot of tougher to find inserts (Z-Gold, Season/Moment Epix) are still sealed inside those stupid 5x7 cards.

Last edited:

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Yes your telling me if I had known that long ago I would have owned 3 Moments Emerald Jeter cards that came from the Zenith box. I did pick one up so I am good as I have all the Jeter Epix cards. I wish I could help you out Jared but I only have one. You should check with John, Paul or Nelson if they have doubles.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
Just bought this Juan Gonzalez collection for a very,very,very,very good price!
8b6b74cc04c888185b02a2d45d34d301.jpg
9edd68500d34229b6e23f4030064ef3d.jpg
9e04d0ce5083caef9e24b52b61d4897c.jpg
3ab5cfa9a89bc6e7cc00316f02ab0c1c.jpg
9981e20742c987944c04ccf029d2d44b.jpg
7e83071764ad41e75b8755d398ac4f03.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
The collector needed the money rush,as he was getting married and lost the collecting mood,i have more cooler stuff from that collection,he wanted cash rush and i was there,the number is smaller than the number you might have in your mind is the only thing i could tell you.Thanks for the complements

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
The collector needed the money rush,as he was getting married and lost the collecting mood,i have more cooler stuff from that collection,he wanted cash rush and i was there,the number is smaller than the number you might have in your mind is the only thing i could tell you.Thanks for the complements

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Nice, HAHA I need to find myself some engaged people. LOL

Members online

Latest posts